News:

Our thoughts go to Silver and his family in this difficult time.

Main Menu

does anyone actually see WiiU being successful?

Started by The Riddler, January 07, 2012, 06:25:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zephilicious

my 'understanding' was prior knowledge backed up some quick searching, but i didnt bother to look around much because this is an internet argument

and now you're changing the point entirely.

nintendo doesnt have to take a loss unless they include technology that they've stated will not be included.

this is not a loss worth taking as adding the ability to use expensive controllers will not significantly increase software sales.
~~ <3

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: zephilicious on March 20, 2012, 03:42:16 PM
my 'understanding' was prior knowledge backed up some quick searching, but i didnt bother to look around much because this is an internet argument

and now you're changing the point entirely.

nintendo doesnt have to take a loss unless they include technology that they've stated will not be included.

this is not a loss worth taking as adding the ability to use expensive controllers will not significantly increase software sales.
I'm only talking about a small loss. Maybe a few dollars. The can't charge more than $350, and they know that. I mean, it needs at least a 50% increase in power over the current gen just to maintain current gen graphics on both the TV at 720p and the subscreen. This isn't going to be cheap for them, but at the same time they can't do a repeat of the 3DS situation. It would be better to just take the loss by choice from the start than to charge $400 and end up having to take an even bigger loss when they make a giant price cut. Would you buy this for $400? Would you even buy it for $300? I just can't see a situation where they can sell this for a profit.

Hero_of_Darkness

Retro is rumored to be working a new "hardcore" IP with great graphics. If this is true, My doubts die completely.

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on March 22, 2012, 04:03:54 AM
Retro is rumored to be working a new "hardcore" IP with great graphics. If this is true, My doubts die completely.
Let it be a Star Fox game or a F-Zero game. I'd kill for any of those two.

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: NoiseHunterChris on March 22, 2012, 11:03:03 AM
Let it be a Star Fox game or a F-Zero game. I'd kill for any of those two.
"Hardcore" as in PS3/360 "hardcore" gamers. The exact source said that they're "aggressively targeting the XBOX/PS3 demographic". and that it's not Zelda, DK, or Metriod Prime. That more than likely means a new IP. (And, sadly, would likely be an online FPS.)

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on March 22, 2012, 02:18:29 PM
"Hardcore" as in PS3/360 "hardcore" gamers. The exact source said that they're "aggressively targeting the XBOX/PS3 demographic". and that it's not Zelda, DK, or Metriod Prime. That more than likely means a new IP. (And, sadly, would likely be an online FPS.)
Oh my goodness, no. We can't allow this to happen. I do not want a clone of a FPS game.

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: NoiseHunterChris on March 22, 2012, 03:18:56 PM
Oh my goodness, no. We can't allow this to happen. I do not want a clone of a FPS game.
Well, it could also be action adventure, I guess. However, if it's an FPS, I'm sure that would stand out from the crowd in some major way. Not all FPSs have to be CoD clones.

Hero_of_Darkness

http://www.slashgear.com/dear-nintendo-dont-launch-the-wii-u-this-year-22219654/

My poor brain cells. :(

EDIT: Also, DS2 dev says that it's equal to current gen, but it seems more like they're just trying to say it as an excuse for not upgrading the graphics for the Wii U version. I know this because they said that they're not going to upgrade the textures, which is the one thing we know for certain Wii U has a clear advantage over the current-gen.

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on March 23, 2012, 04:57:06 AM
http://www.slashgear.com/dear-nintendo-dont-launch-the-wii-u-this-year-22219654/

To be fair, the article doesn't outright state it won't come out. The author is wildly speculating and pissing people off.

Dude, you've got to choose your sources correctly.

Zero

I'm guessing Hero understands that seeing as the URL itself is commanding Nintendo to not release the Wii U this year, not confirming it won't be released this year.

Kayo

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on March 23, 2012, 04:57:06 AM

EDIT: Also, DS2 dev says that it's equal to current gen, but it seems more like they're just trying to say it as an excuse for not upgrading the graphics for the Wii U version. I know this because they said that they're not going to upgrade the textures, which is the one thing we know for certain Wii U has a clear advantage over the current-gen.
Notice how 51 out of the 55 people who read that article voted it down so far.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: NoiseHunterChris on March 23, 2012, 08:22:57 AM
To be fair, the article doesn't outright state it won't come out. The author is wildly speculating and pissing people off.

Dude, you've got to choose your sources correctly.
Yes, I know that it's a request. However, it's a dumb request.

What are you talking about with the sources thing?

By the way, I found out that it wasn't a dev, but rather DS2's game director and that his info was second-hand and paraphrased.

Doodle

I want this game released in HD for Wii U, or at least another game in the same vain

ヽ(ยดー`)ノ
YEAH

Zero

I don't know why but I can't really get into Sonic Colors.

I really like Sonic Generations though.

Jirachi82

It'll be successful. There are lots of possibilities that can be explored.