News:

<+Clu> Silverhawk79 is just wrong for me

Main Menu

I just find it funny that...

Started by Tupin, March 24, 2008, 04:59:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tupin

A SOCCER game (Super Mario Strikers: Charged) has online leaderboards, but not one of Nintendo's best selling franchises.

Seriously, "Smasher of the Day" could have been just as easily as "Striker of the Day".  :|

Leaderboards should be one of the first things you add in an online game....

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Tahrann

Nintendo has allways been behind times. Just roll with it. There will be one in a month or two.
Puts the lotion on the skin or it gets the hose again!

.:DL:.

Yea, I know how you feel.  I too hoped that there would be a leaderboard....oh well.

Hopefully it will happen in near future.

Tupin

Quote from: Tahrann on March 24, 2008, 05:00:43 PM
Nintendo has allways been behind times. Just roll with it. There will be one in a month or two.
I do admire their support for dying technology, but they don't seem to use their systems to its full advantage until the end of the console generation.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

CuccoGuy

I find it stupid that Nintendo thinks having names would be "giving out personal information". Your names in Brawl are 5 letters. :| And your name isnt dangerous to reveal. They could easily set it to censor swears.

And leaderbords are the main thing of online. I hoped Brawl had one, but Nintendo doesnt understand online.

Java

Wasn't it Sakurai's choice not to have Names and a Leaderboard for Online, so everyone can have fun.  :robotindifferent:

Geno

Quote from: Java_Java on March 24, 2008, 08:44:14 PM
Wasn't it Sakurai's choice not to have Names and a Leaderboard for Online, so everyone can have fun.  :robotindifferent:
Actually in one of his interviews he said Nintendo forced him to.

But yeah I really enjoyed Striker's online play for the leaderboards. I was in the top 50 at one point even.
Sakurai said he didn't want it to be too competitive, that's why leaderboards were excluded. So uh, how bout making an unranked mode?  :|

I really wouldn't mind the fact that random players are basically bots if I had some motivation to kick ass.

Philly Kid

Quote from: Geno on March 24, 2008, 09:20:58 PM
Quote from: Java_Java on March 24, 2008, 08:44:14 PM
Actually in one of his interviews he said Nintendo forced him to.

But yeah I really enjoyed Striker's online play for the leaderboards. I was in the top 50 at one point even.
Sakurai said he didn't want it to be too competitive, that's why leaderboards were excluded. So uh, how bout making an unranked mode?  :|

I really wouldn't mind the fact that random players are basically bots if I had some motivation to kick ass.

If that's the case, Sakurai could've at least put it in like two separate modes: ranked and unranked. It's like he took the "flexibility" out of what the wi-fi should really be. :|

__THAT__GUY__

I thought it was incredibly stupid too.

That's why I made a league to keep track of wins/losses and who is #1.  ;)