News:

ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.

Main Menu

what's your favorite and least favorite zelda game

Started by Custom, April 17, 2013, 06:23:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zero

oh, yeah, don't you LOSE xp in that game too?

No wonder people hate it

Custom

Quote from: Zero on April 18, 2013, 01:48:01 AM
oh, yeah, don't you LOSE xp in that game too?

No wonder people hate it

from what i remember is that you don't lose levels, but you lose all the xp you've been saving up for the current level if you get a game over
it's really easy to grind though, just hang out in the first temple after awhile and kill those weird flashy bulb monsters that take like 20 hits to kill

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Zero

Quote from: Custom on April 18, 2013, 01:50:12 AM
it's really easy to grind though, just hang out in the first temple after awhile and kill those weird flashy bulb monsters that take like 20 hits to kill

I hated those things

Custom

Quote from: Zero on April 18, 2013, 01:53:10 AM
I hated those things

dat +50xp breh

i dunno
i feel like zelda ii doesn't deserve the hate it gets
but ph does
i think the only reason i kind of like spirit tracks is because i kind of like the idea of a more modern zelda. the game isn't very good though, lol.
link looks rad as intercourse  on a train

Zero

I think the main problem people have with Zelda II is that it just doesn't "feel" like Zelda to most people. You have to admit, you probably wouldnt be able to tell its a zelda game if you changed all the dialogue in the game right?

I put Zelda II at the bottom of my console zelda list, but believe me, I don't like PH more than it. The fifteenth time I had to head back to the center fortress area I put the game down and never went back.

Custom

Quote from: Zero on April 18, 2013, 01:58:40 AM
I think the main problem people have with Zelda II is that it just doesn't "feel" like Zelda to most people. You have to admit, you probably wouldnt be able to tell its a zelda game if you changed all the dialogue in the game right?

I put Zelda II at the bottom of my console zelda list, but believe me, I don't like PH more than it. The fifteenth time I had to head back to the center fortress area I put the game down and never went back.

yeah, i do agree. i also kind of forgive it for being so different though because it was such an early release in the series. if they were to release a super different game like they did zelda ii today, i don't think it would go over well at all.
that's kind of how i feel about most zelda games
i really don't think there are any 'bad' zelda games, just ones that don't feel very zelda-y to me.
i feel like spirit tracks and skyward sword are good games, just not good zelda games. which is weird to make a game series have it's own like ranking/comparison scale
but man the zelda series means so much to me

zephilicious

im bad at zelda 2 and its not fun to play

thats really all there is to it
~~ <3

Zero

Quote from: zephilicious on April 18, 2013, 12:30:25 PM
im bad at zelda 2 and its not fun to play

thats really all there is to it

don't blame you at all

Kayo

Quote from: Custom on April 18, 2013, 02:01:40 AM
i really don't think there are any 'bad' zelda games, just ones that don't feel very zelda-y to me.
i feel like spirit tracks and skyward sword are good games, just not good zelda games. which is weird to make a game series have it's own like ranking/comparison scale
Basically THE most perfect thing that can be said. Skyward Sword was an absolutely amazing game, but when compared to things like OoT and MM it's sometimes a wonder they're even in the same series. I remember personally, the first time I found a Heart Piece in SS was when I said to myself, "Shit that's right, I'm playing a Zelda game" because--especially in the beginning--it just seems so disconnected from the series.

Same with Spirit Tracks. I played it for the first time last summer and had plenty of fun with it, but it just didn't feel like Zelda. The dungeons were ridiculously easy though, don't know how I feel about that.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Custom

is it safe to assume that people that hate majora's mask are poop at 3d zelda games or is that wrong of me

zephilicious

Quote from: Custom on May 02, 2013, 12:17:38 PM
is it safe to assume that people that hate majora's mask are poop at 3d zelda games or is that wrong of me
how can anyone be poop at 3d zelda they're all really easy
~~ <3

Custom

Quote from: zephilicious on May 02, 2013, 01:15:01 PM
how can anyone be poop at 3d zelda they're all really easy

i always see people whining about the time limit lol

Kayo

Quote from: Custom on May 02, 2013, 01:50:42 PM
i always see people whining about the time limit lol
that's generally the main only criticism of MM

For whatever reason no one seems to care how much they reused from OoT in terms of music and characters and what not, honestly i thought that would be what people complained about but i never see that
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Nayrman

Favorite(s): Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask. Just really depends on my mood. They both do their own thing so well it's hard to find many  faults with them aside from a few things here and there. Play them all the time.

Least favorite: Skyward Sword. Insane amounts of padding, production values from 1998 in the year 2011, very stupid game design decisions (the adventure pouch was a HORRID idea), and so on. I'd rather play Zelda 2 than this.

Mind you, I haven't played all Zelda games, but of the ones I've played, yeah.

Custom

Quote from: Kayo on May 05, 2013, 01:00:49 AM
that's generally the main only criticism of MM

For whatever reason no one seems to care how much they reused from OoT in terms of music and characters and what not, honestly i thought that would be what people complained about but i never see that

it reuses the same amount of music as every other zelda game. it's not like there weren't original tracks or anything.
i was fine with the characters were fine because they're actually on the same plotline unlike everything else and they really didn't have any depth in oot like they do in mm