News:

<+Clu> Silverhawk79 is just wrong for me

Main Menu

Mighty No. 9

Started by Super, August 31, 2013, 05:24:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Super

From the creators of Mega Man (intercourse ing Inafune motherintercourse ers) comes a game that hopes to reinvigorate the classic action sidescroller genre (AKA Mega Man). It's currently being funded through a Kickstarter with a goal of $900,000 (with 30 days to accomplish this, which it will easily). Its main platform is PC, but one of the extended funding goals will bring it to Mac/Linux and then further along is PS3/360/Wii U.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mightyno9/mighty-no-9?ref=live

Judging from the concept art, it's going to be right up any Mega Man fan's alley. Personally I think it's going to be amazing. Let the hype begin.

Tupin

Capcom is going to regret treating him like poop for the past five plus years after this comes out.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Zero

Quote from: Tupin on August 31, 2013, 05:27:23 PM
Capcom is going to regret treating him like poop for the past five plus years after this comes out.

They're too proud to ever admit this though. Expect them to only start treating the brand even worse.

Super

This is already at 375,000 of 900,000 with like 30 days left. This poop is real.

I'm really excited for this game. Sucks that game development takes forever.

Spud

Throwing down $99. Has to be done.

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Super on August 31, 2013, 11:46:55 PM
This is already at 375,000 of 900,000 with like 30 days left. This poop is real.

I'm really excited for this game. Sucks that game development takes forever.
As of this post, it's already more than a half its way to its mark.

Tupin

Damn this game sounds and looks awesome.

Weird name for the main character, but I can deal.

zephilicious

if this was made by anyone else you would all be calling it a poopty ripoff
why is it ok for established developers to release the same game over and over again?
~~ <3

Tupin

Quote from: zephilicious on September 01, 2013, 08:27:54 AM
if this was made by anyone else you would all be calling it a poopty ripoff
why is it ok for established developers to release the same game over and over again?
Because people like seeing him getting "revenge," I guess.

Honestly this is close enough to the concept and design of Mega Man that Capcom probably could stop it if they were completely stupid.

JrDude

Quote from: Tupin on September 01, 2013, 08:30:34 AM
Because people like seeing him getting "revenge," I guess.

Honestly this is close enough to the concept and design of Mega Man that Capcom probably could stop it if they were completely stupid.
Apparently they have a guy who is handling Legal Matters. And because of him they said, "Without Ben, this project wouldn't be possible in the first place."
So I'm assuming there's enough differences to differentiate the 2 legally, even though the main character is Blue, is a robot, has a similar design, shoots things, gets powers after defeating a boss, has a partner who looks similar, has a pet that looks similar, is the same style of gameplay, has an enemy based on construction, and probably other things I'm missing.

But I am excited about this.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Super

Quote from: Spud on September 01, 2013, 06:48:58 AM

Throwing down $99. Has to be done.
Yes. Yes. Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssss.

DededeCloneChris

The goal has been met.

But the team has more ideas if they can reach these extra goals.

Tupin

I think it'll be able to make all of its stretch goals and more.  And the top comment on the video of the main theme echoes my sentiments exactly: "Thank god this is being made by the creator of MM and not by some indie retro hipster faggot."

zephilicious

Quote from: Tupin on September 02, 2013, 09:35:52 AM
"Thank god this is being made by the creator of MM and not by some indie retro hipster faggot."

again. what the intercourse  is the difference?
~~ <3

JrDude

They need to make more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more stretch goals. It will go way beyond all of this.
[move][/move]
Dude .