News:

<+Clu> have you tried barbecuing the computer

Main Menu

Strategies in the Safari Zone

Started by Dog Food, March 28, 2010, 06:53:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dog Food

I'm currently trying to catch a Dratini in my old FireRed in the Safari Zone. Finding them isn't the problem, it's catching them. I've gotten as close as the darn thing popping out right before the click, then fleeing right after. They usually come in twos or threes, with then a long period of just Goldeen or Seaking.

I usually do bait, ball, bait, ball, bait, ball over and over.
Or bait, bait, ball, bait bait, ball over and over, but this method usually makes them run away faster.

What are your strategies in the Safari Zone?
I get obsessively manic over things. It's a problem.

Missingno6

This post brings back good (not really) memories. Dratini is probably one of the hardest Pokemon to catch in the Safari Zone (don't even get me started with trying to catch Dragonair). It took me days to catch it. I think i did rock, ball, rock or ball, rock, ball. Don't hold your breath, it WILL take a long time to catch. The time it takes to catch it is worth it. Don't worry and take your time!
Pokemon Platinum FC: 3610 3031 1498

2-D

I remember when I first found a Dratini in the safari zone and thinking "Omfg!!" But it fled so I decided to try and find another one.
The next Pokemon I hooked was a Dragonair and I thought  "=O" And I spent the rest of the day trying to catch them.

I'm pretty sure I used...Bait,Rock,Bait,Bait,Rock,Rock,Ball...never worked though T_T

Dog Food

Haha, I've found a couple Dragonairs (two or three), but I just run away from them. My goal is a Dratini. I can level it up to a Dragonair later. Maybe I'll get two and then breed them and then sell them on the Black Market.

...I wish you could do that in these games.

And darn, in my last Safari Zone round I would have caught one, it wouldn't run away no matter what I did, and it was so close to being caught twice, but the second time around was on my last ball and the announcer made me leave. ...Bastard... ;-;

EDIT: FUCK YES, FINALLY. Took me literally two and a half rounds. Fifteen balls left on the second go at the Safari Zone. She's a cute little girl <3. Kay, now time to save, and then try and get a boy.
I get obsessively manic over things. It's a problem.

2-D

Quote from: Smokey the Bear on March 28, 2010, 07:59:56 AM
EDIT: intercourse  YES, FINALLY. Took me literally two and a half rounds. Fifteen balls left on the second go at the Safari Zone. She's a cute little girl <3. Kay, now time to save, and then try and get a boy.

Congrats!!! :D

Missingno6

Quote from: Smokey the Bear on March 28, 2010, 07:59:56 AM
EDIT: intercourse  YES, FINALLY. Took me literally two and a half rounds. Fifteen balls left on the second go at the Safari Zone. She's a cute little girl <3. Kay, now time to save, and then try and get a boy.
Use a Ditto to breed
Congratz, she will be worth the time!
Pokemon Platinum FC: 3610 3031 1498