News:

Change is coming. HOPE CHANGE UNITY

Main Menu

My Team help?

Started by Neerb, March 30, 2010, 12:47:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neerb

Probably won't get many replies, and not the most important/interesting issue, but:

I have never quite been able to pick a finalized pokemon team; I have trained up a list to choose from,  but I can't decide what to do with them from there. So, I've decided to take suggestions: which 6 of the following do you all think would be the best team?

Dragonite, Typhlosion, Gyarados, Empoleon, Vaporeon, Espeon, Leafeon, Sceptile, Venusaur, Alakazam, Porygon-Z, Tyrannitar, Lucario, Ampharos, Zapdos

You don't need to say why, but an explanation for any suggestions given might be helpful. I won't bother typing out their entire movesets, but if you know the basic gist of these pokemons' stats and movepools, they should be pretty typical except that my Sceptile is a Physical attacker and Lucario can attack Physical or Special (specifying which you think is best for him would be nice if you include him on your team suggestions).

Night the Lucario

Dragonite is a useful Pokemon to have, one of the most powerful Dragon types, and it can learn a rather shocking variety of moves. Tyrannitar is also a good choice for the same reason. Both of these are really powerful Physical people, against most teams, you should have no real problem... if the team consists of mostly Physical hitters. Alakazam, although I think you should get a Special hitting Dark type, is a good way to counter this weakness. Sceptile, it's the fastest starter of everything, and one of the fastest Pokemon. Combined with it's strong Attack, you should be able to take on most anything. Lucario, if you can keep it even between Physical attacks and Special ones.

Not sure about the sixth slot... I would recommend trying to get a Gengar, though. A Pokemon like Gengar is always useful, though you could substitute a Spiritomb. If you can find one.
When one lives by the pen, one dies by the angry characters you misused. But it's too much fun not to!
Forsooth, I AM insane! FEAR ME, YE MORTALS, OR DESPAIR AT MY INSANITY! *insane cackling*
Ahem. Anyone have an RP? I need an outlet for my randomness. ;D
Think another thought, dream another dream, live another lie.
I'm writing poetry. Anyone have a request?
I'm Night the Lucario. Although that should be obvious. Just look at the sig. Or title and PT.

So_So_Man

competitive, storyline, or battle tower?

Night the Lucario

Oh... that hadn't occured to me. I though s/he just wanted a well-balanced team.
When one lives by the pen, one dies by the angry characters you misused. But it's too much fun not to!
Forsooth, I AM insane! FEAR ME, YE MORTALS, OR DESPAIR AT MY INSANITY! *insane cackling*
I'm Night the Lucario. Although that should be obvious. Just look at the sig. Or title and PT.

Cornwad

Use Vaporeon and eliminate all the other waters/eeveelutions.

Neerb

HE (and now you know) is looking for a... semi-competitive team? I'm not super competitive (no IVs, generally don't care about EVs or Natures, and the only tier I care about is not using Uber), but I'm already done with the story; I'm just looking for a good team of my faves for Wi-Fi, friends, etc. I suppose you could call that a battle tower team?

In case you're wondering, I already own all of the pokemon I listed, and they're all 85, so it's not like I'm saying those are just my favorites: I'm saying that's what I have, so don't even bother suggesting something that's not on that list (not that that advice isn't helpful).

Night the Lucario

Damn! And I suppose you aren't interested in getting another Pokemon up that high?

...*sighs* Well then... go with Zapdos. He has better resists than Amphros does, and a *slightly* wider moveset. You know, with the flying type.

Neerb

Quote from: Night the Lucario on March 30, 2010, 05:11:09 PM
darn! And I suppose you aren't interested in getting another Pokemon up that high?

...*sighs* Well then... go with Zapdos. He has better resists than Amphros does, and a *slightly* wider moveset. You know, with the flying type.

Oh, I have other pokemon that high... Lugia, Flareon, Salamence, Scizor, and Kingdra, none of which I intend to use on this team (except Lugia in the event my opponent allows an uber). But yeah, I don't really intend to train even more pokemon that high. And before you say "Salamence>Dragonite," I am boycotting Salamence for making good ol Drago competitively obsolete, so don't bother.  :)

Night the Lucario

Yeah, I understand. I would suggest that you go for Zapdos in your final party of six.

Dragonite
Tyranitar
Alakazam
Sceptile
Lucario
Zapdos

I think that, with the right moveset, you can make this work. I probably could. It's fairly well balanced, and if the Pokemon stick to the same median level, it'll stay balanced.

Neerb

Thanks; if you think it would help, I suppose I could show you their current movesets for criticism:

[spoiler=Dragonite]Dragon Dance, Outrage, Earthquake, Fire Punch[/spoiler][spoiler=Tyrannitar]Stone Edge, Crunch, Earthquake, Ice Punch[/spoiler][spoiler=Alakazam]Calm Mind, Psychic, Shadow Ball, Focus Blast[/spoiler][spoiler=Sceptile]Swords Dance, Leaf Blade, Earthquake, X-Scissor[/spoiler][spoiler=Lucario]Close Combat, ExtremeSpeed, Dark Pulse, Dragon Pulse[/spoiler][spoiler=Zapdos]Thunderbolt, Roost, Light Screen, Heat Wave[/spoiler]

Cornwad

Your team is too offensive. Get some Vaporeon in there for wish support and water absorbing. Sceptile isn't that great, I suggest replacing him.

So_So_Man

if you plan on keeping the sceptile, swap one of the attacking moves out for a special attack (I'm thinking giga drain, but 60 base isn't much)

Neerb

Quote from: So_So_Man on March 30, 2010, 05:57:19 PM
if you plan on keeping the sceptile, swap one of the attacking moves out for a special attack (I'm thinking giga drain, but 60 base isn't much)

If so, should it still be a Swords Dancer?

So_So_Man

unless you can think of a move that it can learn that does that for special, keep it on, I suppose.  I guess personally, I would drop the eq, because half your guys lose a move vs flying otherwise