News:

<+Clu> Silverhawk79 is just wrong for me

Main Menu

most intense/most tranquil song you have?

Started by Zovistograt, September 09, 2008, 05:52:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zovistograt

Just wondering what your extremes are.

Most intense: "Die Die Winnipeg Die Die Die Fuckers Die (Spreading the Hepatitis SKM-ETR Style)" - Venetian Snares

Long name is long, but it's justified by how ridiculous this five and a half minute earrape is.  Basically, imagine having your ears being pummeled by two turbine engines with rabid weasels being fed in continuously and shredded alive for five and a half minutes.  That's pretty accurate.

Most tranquil: "Namida" - Chiaki Ishikawa

"Tears" in Japanese.  Basically, it's a song with nothing but Chiaki Ishikawa's beautiful voice, a piano, and some harmonic strings for dramatic effect.  It's so calming that I almost fall asleep listening to it, but it's so beautiful that I can't stop listening to it <3

You?
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

HTA!

Intense- This Calling by All That Reamins

Not that extreme, but that's all I got. D:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcfLkrDXdn8

Tranquil- Umm.... Small Town Southern Man

>_>

Shujinco2

Don't know about the most intense, but the most tranquil would have to be "Goodbye crule world" - Pink Floyd.

Silverhawk79

Intense: Probably "Paper Tigers" by Thrice
Tranquil: "Fiddle and the Drum" by A Perfect Circle. A cappella, no instruments.

Zovistograt

Quote from: Silverhawk79 on September 10, 2008, 02:19:23 PM
Tranquil: "Fiddle and the Drum" by A Perfect Circle. A cappella, no instruments.
odd name for an a capella song :P
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

ninja

Most Intense-  One More Magic Potion by Ensiferum (Melodic Folk Death) (this song makes me want to grab a sword for one hand and a flask filled with beer for the other...)

Most Tranquil-  toughie...
Either:
Mad World (remade) by Gary Jules (Indie?)
or
Omerta by Katatonia (Doom Metal)

Dill

It's hard to ask someone what their most intense/tranquil song is when all they listen to are those two types of music. That's like asking someone what their favorite western movie is. They cannot tell you, because they've never thought about them as numbers to be compared to each other. Each one has its own, special attribute and each one shares a unique experience, running all the way back to the first time you heard it.

I'll just point out that the most tranquil songs I've ever listened to in one sitting is Oxygene (one through six). I specifically remember the first time I listened to it, too. Someone I know, who knew me as being a fan of soundscapes, told me to listen to the CD specifically on headphones. So I decided on one slow night to try it for a bit. At first it confused me, and I had to turn the volume up to make sure I was hearing everything I could. As the sixth song neared its end, I went back to the first. I did this about three times, each time getting better (and louder).

Needless to say, I half jumped out of my skin when Aerodynamic sprang into motion with the volume all the way up. Yes, I'll admit it, although I am ashamed of it, I did like Daft Punk once. But that was so long ago, I don't even remember listening to it.

Silverhawk79

Quote from: Zovistograt on September 10, 2008, 03:08:46 PM
And so once again
My dear Johnny my dear friend
And so once again you are fightin' us all
And when I ask you why
You raise your sticks and cry, and I fall
Oh, my friend
How did you come
To trade the fiddle for the drum
You say I have turned
Like the enemies you've earned
But I can remember
All the good things you are
And so I ask you please
Can I help you find the peace and the star
Oh, my friend
What time is this
To trade the handshake for the fist

And so once again
Oh, America my friend
And so once again
You are fighting us all
And when we ask you why
You raise your sticks and cry and we fall
Oh, my friend
How did you come

You say we have turned
But we can remember
And so we ask you please
Can we help you find the peace and the star
Oh my friend
We have all come
To fear the beating of your drum

Zovistograt

Quote from: Silverhawk79 on September 10, 2008, 06:35:28 PM
Quote from: Zovistograt on September 10, 2008, 03:08:46 PM
And so once again
My dear Johnny my dear friend
And so once again you are fightin' us all
And when I ask you why
You raise your sticks and cry, and I fall
Oh, my friend
How did you come
You say I have turned
But I can remember
And so I ask you please
Can I help you find the peace and the star
Oh, my friend
What time is this
To trade the handshake for the fist

And so once again
Oh, America my friend
And so once again
You are fighting us all
And when we ask you why
You raise your sticks and cry and we fall
Oh, my friend
How did you come

You say we have turned
But we can remember
And so we ask you please
Can we help you find the peace and the star
Oh my friend
We have all come
To fear the beating of your drum
oh that makes more sense now

Kaso

My most intense is probably Natas .K.K (that one song where all of K.K.'s songs are played in reverse at the same time).
My most tranquil is Corona Radiata by Nine Inch Nails (who is the opposite of tranquil).

Mystic

Intense: Hard to sauy...
Tranquil: For All Time - Michael Jackson, Angel - Ne-Yo