Previous topic - Next topic

Shujinco2

Quote from: Zovistograt on December 08, 2008, 04:19:41 PM
Quote from: supercoolbros on December 06, 2008, 02:10:37 PM
Quote from: Zovistograt on November 30, 2008, 02:17:04 PM
The anime on adult swim is crap.

The good stuff isn't on American TV.
Death Note and Miyzaki suck, I must be missing out  :(

Especially since you've probably never watched Funimation Channel, or Illusion. As well as Anime Network.

Those are some under rated anime channels. Now and then, Her and there, Bandit Jing, Paprika, Millenium Actress I bet. It's pretty much opinion, but I am a debater  :O

Not to say that Japan doesn't have better anime, I'm just saying that it is all crap without seeing all of it is a rather low level assertion to make. Also, FLCL doesn't suck in my opinion.

And I'd have to say Spirited Away, Death Note, FLCL, Bleach, and Miyazaki's other movies
I'll admit I forgot the likes of FLCL and Miyazaki films were on American TV, but my crazy opinion that subs with the original Japanese audio are always much better than dubs still stands and I have yet to see a channel on American TV that shows fansubs.  If that is created, I will go up and hug the person who thought of it directly.
Correct.

Good example of awesome subbed anime: Dr. Slump.

Indigo

Especially since you've probably never watched Funimation Channel, or Illusion. As well as Anime Network.

Those are some under rated anime channels. Now and then, Her and there, Bandit Jing, Paprika, Millenium Actress I bet. It's pretty much opinion, but I am a debater  :O

Not to say that Japan doesn't have better anime, I'm just saying that it is all crap without seeing all of it is a rather low level assertion to make. Also, FLCL doesn't suck in my opinion.

And I'd have to say Spirited Away, Death Note, FLCL, Bleach, and Miyazaki's other movies
I'll admit I forgot the likes of FLCL and Miyazaki films were on American TV, but my crazy opinion that subs with the original Japanese audio are always much better than dubs still stands and I have yet to see a channel on American TV that shows fansubs.  If that is created, I will go up and hug the person who thought of it directly.
I think Anime Network shows Subs and dubs :P

I only have it for On Demand, and have only seen Bandit Jing subbed. Also, the anime awards, don't know if you heard of it. Lifetime Achievement award goes to.....The Walawaski Brother who made Speed Racer!

tibar21

Super Smash Bros Brawl FC: 2622-1690-4267
Pokemon Soul Silver FC: 4855-9306-7114
Mario Kart Wii FC: 4898-5017-8746

Zovistograt

Quote from: supercoolbros on December 08, 2008, 10:05:39 PM

I think Anime Network shows Subs and dubs :P

I only have it for On Demand, and have only seen Bandit Jing subbed. Also, the anime awards, don't know if you heard of it. Lifetime Achievement award goes to.....The Walawaski Brother who made Speed Racer!
I sadly don't have Anime Network ;_;
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

Mario583

Oh I forgot, you only watch Subs ::)

Nayrman

Quote from: Mario583 on December 14, 2008, 03:20:50 PM

they are usually better than the american dubs... X_X;;
Only exceptions being Cowboy Bebop and FMA (FLCL is arguable, because so much of the jokes and references where changed due to necessity)

Zovistograt

Quote from: Nayrman on December 14, 2008, 04:28:44 PM

Only exceptions being Cowboy Bebop and FMA (FLCL is arguable, because so much of the jokes and references where changed due to necessity)
Necessity in this case is just allowance for ignorance.
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

Nayrman

Quote from: Zovistograt on December 14, 2008, 04:33:51 PM

you do realize half the jokes in FLCL wouldn't work here because no one would have any idea what/who the hell they were talking about right? X_X;;

Indigo

Quote from: Nayrman on December 14, 2008, 08:30:18 PM

you do realize half the jokes in FLCL wouldn't work here because no one would have any idea what/who the hell they were talking about right? X_X;;
Shin Chan comes to mind. The FLCL dub is amazing.

Zero

Dragonball Z's Ocean AND Funimation dubs are better than the japanese dub.

I like both, but when a grown man has the voice of a child you've got to draw the line.

Nayrman

Quote from: Zero on December 16, 2008, 03:29:25 AM

Dragonball Z's Ocean AND Funimation dubs are better than the japanese dub.

I like both, but when a grown man has the voice of a child you've got to draw the line.
I'd have to agree. X_X;;

Not saying FLCL's dub is terrible **In response to Supercoolbros.**, just saying I wouldn't put it as "best dub ever" since so much of the dialogue was changed. But whatever.
I really don't watch AS anymore, just because they don't try anything with the anime, just port whatever will get the biggest online views and dub that. Not to mention their "comedy" is just plain crap. I miss Home Movies, Space Ghost, and Tom and the Mayor ;_;

Zovistograt

Quote from: Nayrman on December 14, 2008, 08:30:18 PM

Um yes, but I don't see how that refutes my statement

Talim

::) Um..well, I dun get that channel here, but if I had to pick, it'd probably be Death Note..even though the ending was terrible..as opposed to the ending in the manga.

RevolutionSoldier

Unfortunately I don't get the anime channel or the Funmation channel. I did watch a lot of anime online until I got a netflix subscription. It great theres a huge selection of dvd's and steaming to my pc and xbox 360. Unfortunately there is not a whole lot of anime to choose from for streaming and what they do have is not that good. Sure they have some good stuff like the FMA movie and Ghost in the Shell but most of it is rated 3 starts or lower. Also most of it is the english dub which I prefer. I don't mind subs but I just don't like to read when watching my shows. Also sometimes a volume won't be ready when you send in your current dvd. This can be trouble some when theirs a waiting period for the second or third volume in a four or five disc series and there send you what ever is next in your queue. When this happens I put a movie I wanted to see at the top of my  queue so I don't get the series I'm watching out of order. Despite these troubles it's a good service. I have the plane to have 2 disc out at a time which coast 14 dollars and it's worth every penny.

Any way my favorite anime is Air TV(which is currently being aired on netflix streaming service). I found its story to be very touching. I hop they release a box set for it.
Quote from:  Emma GoldmanResistance to tyranny is mans highest ideal.

Quote from:  Huey NewtonThe Revolution has always been fought in the hands of the young. The young always inherit the revolution.

Lotos