News:

Change is coming. HOPE CHANGE UNITY

Main Menu

Anyone ever read/watch Keroro Gunso (Sgt. Frog)?

Started by RX-78-2, July 26, 2009, 07:41:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RX-78-2

A while back (before I joined this site) I picked up a couple of volumes of the manga Sgt. Frog by Mine Yoshizaki. I'd never heard of it and only saw the "spine" of the book showing the title, but decided to read it because it reminded me of a comic book character some of my friends and I used to draw in elementary school (my friends made him up and I tagged along, drew with them, and added to the character. His name was Frogman and he was an upright-walking? soldier frog). I read part of the first and was immediately hooked. Before I left the store, I took home volumes 1, 2, and 3 (I semi-recently acquired 4, 5, and 6) and found them to be very funny. I could appreciate the various Gundam references (I used to build the models just like Keroro the main character), Evangelion references, and some of the other pop culture ones too. There's also a decent amount of fan service =3 if you're into that sort of thing. I just started watching the anime (in Japanese) and I think it's really good too. I'm excited about the English dub coming out as well.

So have any of you heard of it? What do you think? Any favorite characters? No spoilers please, I'm only up to volume 5.

My favorite character is Keroro and second place is a many-way tie between Fuyuki, Natsumi, Momoka, Tamama, Giroro, and Angol Moa, because they all have their moments. :)
I dunno hao 2 put imgs heer :(

****************Mack was here******************

RX-78-2

Obviously, no one's ever heard of it, so I'll post some videos of the anime (Japanese dub, English subtitles). The second one is in English. They're on YouTube. You may want to watch both, as they're kind of different for some reason.

This is the first part of episode 1.

This is the first episode of the English dub. I few changes were made to some names (i.e. Natsumi is Natalie, Keroro is Kero, etc.) because it's a test episode that was released a while back. These have since been changed.

If you'd rather watch them on YouTube, here are the links.

[for top video] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0Uh0ozbdos&feature=PlayList&p=E7AFE176D4030481&index=0

[for bottom video] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQ5mQPVQmZ8&feature=fvw

There are other episodes in the playlists on YouTube.

Custom

I read the manga long long ago.

I'm pretty sure there wasn't an anime for it when I read it >>
I looked for one but could never find it.

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Water ☮

I loved Sgt. Frog!!! I have 7 volumes of the manga.

I stopped reading manga altogether for some reason in 8th grade =\

RX-78-2

Quote from: -Water- on August 01, 2009, 03:53:03 PM
I loved Sgt. Frog!!! I have 7 volumes of the manga.

I have six. D= ;)

By the way, did anyone watch the videos here or the anime? What do you think? I'm pretty sure the anime came out in 2004, and they changed the plot a bit to start then as well, but it doesn't really affect the story too much.