News:

<+Clu> Silverhawk79 is just wrong for me

Main Menu

Need major help! Super Luxray!

Started by Y?ESH, April 27, 2009, 04:54:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HTA!

Quote from: Juliette on April 27, 2009, 08:04:13 PM
Swampert, set up SR and make it switch in a few times.
...or you could revenge kill it.
Doesn't an item... Spirit sash or something... give you 1 HP if the move would be a 1HKO?
You could use that,, then revenge, and win correct?

I have no idea about competitive battling though...

jnfs2014

It's Focus Sash, which you technically could.....But it's only good for leads. Stealth Rock, which is VERY much used in Standard, will do 6.25% damage to Swampert, knocking it out. So, no.

RX-78-2

Use a Ground-Water type: Swampert, Quagsire, Whiscash, etc. Teach it a good Ground-type move like Earthquake. You need good Defense (to withstand his moves)     AND/OR     Attack/Special Attack (to compliment the Ground-type move).  Good luck.
I dunno hao 2 put imgs heer :(

****************Mack was here******************

ZACKMAN94

I was just thinking. Could Snorlax work? It has thick fat so the fire and ice wouldn't do as much (still think about status) but is there a way to have snorelax know earthquake? It sounds reasonable... :|

RX-78-2

Quote from: ZACKMAN94 on May 12, 2009, 06:33:35 PM
I was just thinking. Could Snorlax work? It has thick fat so the fire and ice wouldn't do as much (still think about status) but is there a way to have snorelax know earthquake? It sounds reasonable... :|

AHA! Good thinking. Just checked m' guide 'n', yup! Snorlax can learn Earthquake! However, it can also have the Immunity ability, which would not be needed for this situation.

ZACKMAN94

Ya. It is still a good thing that Snorlax is one of those who has the defenses that are really high even if it doesn't have the thick fat

chaosgear

everybody is focusing on the fact that luxray is electric type! what about its dark side? fighting works just as well! and everything else dark is weak to...i can never remember what else its weak to.

GreatGonzales106

jnfs2014

chaosgear

chaosgear

its not! wth!?!? yet another thing about pokemon that i was 100% sure was right that was really wrong...like tyrannitar being dragon type! wth? why isnt it dragon!?

jnfs2014

Idk. Why isn't Flygon flying type?

GreatGonzales106

chaosgear

...wait, flygon isnt flying? ...actually, its ok, cuz its dragon type. or am i wrong about that too? EVERYTHING ABOUT POKEMON THAT I KNOW IS A LIE!!!

RX-78-2

Just to make things clear:

- Luxray is Electric only
- Tyranitar is Rock-Dark
- Flygon is Ground-Dragon
- Kingdra is Water-Dragon
- Aggron is Rock-Steel
- Bidoof is Normal, but Bibarel is Normal-Water
- Grotle is Grass, but Torterra is Grass-Ground
- Chimchar is Fire, but Monferno is Fire-Fighting
- Torchic is Fire, but Combusken id Fire-Fighting
- Mudkip is Water, but Marshtomp is Water-Ground

In my opinion, Pokemon should have triple-types (i.e. Tyranitar: Rock-Dragon?-Dark, Charizard: Fire-Flying-Dragon, Gyarados: Water-Dragon-Flying? shouldn't be Flying at all, Flygon: Dragon-Ground-Flying, Rhyperior: Rock-Ground-Steel, Scizor: Bug-Steel-Flying, Kindra: Water-Poison?-Dragon etc.)

I know I restated some things, but just so that they'd all be in one place.