News:

<+Ice> i have a dildo factory line run by old women in my garage

Main Menu

What was your first Pok?mon card? :3

Started by Zovistograt, August 09, 2009, 04:04:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jnfs2014

Matt

Oddly enough, I believe my first card was a Pikachu(Obese Pikachu). BUT, if I remember correctly my first holographic card was in the same pack, Machamp.

Cornwad

Doodle

I remember I wanted to get into Pokemon cards because of my friend who lived across the street.
To start out with, he gave me a Primeape. I think I still have that card, too.
YEAH

Friendly Hostile

Quote from: So_So_Man on August 11, 2009, 05:00:37 PM
Ya, recent cards are very overpowered (though not as much as a mewtwo-only deck from the original series)
If you're referring to the original Mewtwo card from the 1st gen, a deck that centered on that would have been relatively poopty if I remember the card correctly.

So_So_Man

Quote from: Friendly Hostile on August 12, 2009, 02:47:30 PM
If you're referring to the original Mewtwo card from the 1st gen, a deck that centered on that would have been relatively s***ty if I remember the card correctly.
4 mewtwo and the rest psychic energy.  only use barrier

Friendly Hostile

Quote from: So_So_Man on August 12, 2009, 08:12:46 PM
4 mewtwo and the rest psychic energy.  only use barrier
Easy way to counter that is to simply force your opponent to burn cards from drawing.  Essentially all you would need to do is have them go first and they would then lose first.  Since they wouldn't ever be able to properly attack, unless risking loosing the barrier protection for a turn.  If they did use Psychic, then all you need to do is hit them with a Psychic Pokemon who has an attack that does 30 damage, such as Alakazam.  Repeated process 3 more times, or await for them to run out of cards.

So_So_Man

but with only 4 mewtwo, a mulligan is inevitable

Level_9_Chao

My first was a Caterpie, of course Base Set. I traded my friend a Blastoise figure for it. I can't tell if that was stupid or not.

I also don't have the card any more... >.>
Become a Failbook fan: Victory Road :3

The Game Boy Pocket.
Put it in your back pocket.
Sit down and it breaks.

Friendly Hostile

Quote from: So_So_Man on August 13, 2009, 12:54:40 PM
but with only 4 mewtwo, a mulligan is inevitable
Which is why building a Mewtwo only deck is a really poopty choice.

So_So_Man

Quote from: Friendly Hostile on August 13, 2009, 04:59:21 PM
Which is why building a Mewtwo only deck is a really s***ty choice.
(at least back when I was up to date with the rules) mulligan makes/ gives the opponent a chance to draw another card while you redraw.  Therefore, they deck out, not you

The Seventh

Oh, lawdy, it's been a long time since they first came out.

Hooo... so difficult to remember.

I think it was a holographic Blastoise.  Can't remember where I got it from.
meh

Macawmoses

It was a Clefairy. If I recall, it was holofoil. It was one badass Clefairy.

Friendly Hostile

Quote from: So_So_Man on August 13, 2009, 09:57:49 PM
(at least back when I was up to date with the rules) mulligan makes/ gives the opponent a chance to draw another card while you redraw.  Therefore, they deck out, not you
Nope.  Rules are if you get no basic Pokemon, you shuffle you hand back in and draw 7 new cards.  This process repeats until you get a basic.  Your opponent has to wait until you do this so that you both may place down your prizes.

Kayo

My first was a 1st edition magnemite given to me by a 6th grader on my elementary school bus =P

One of my other firsts was an old, holo 1st edition Machamp that is worth over $28 now. =D
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]