Main Menu

Dead Men Don't Tell Secrets *EPILOGUE*

Started by THEBIRD, December 16, 2007, 10:03:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

THEBIRD

((I've never had Ramen before...))

Solon shook his head as well.

Anarchy_Jas

((Say whhaa!? Go out and buy some NOW! =O))

Jas waits for what has to be said.
"I know they hope I fall, but tell 'em winning is my muthaeffin protocol."

Triforce_Luigi

Quote from: Birdie of Aces on January 01, 2008, 08:20:56 PM
((I've never had Ramen before...))

((I have to agree with ShOrTi. That's just plain wrong.))

Light

((I love ramen!))

"Three people with large amounts of followers once sailed to a place called the New World." Harver began. "They each had a flag and a gem of power forged to protect themselves. They each settled into three of the four corners of this 'New World'.

"Prince Robert Scalis the Powerful settled Scalus in the upper left hand corner. His followers accompanied him because they were power hungry. Queen Shauna the Curious settled in the lower right hand corner, naming the place Crescent Island, as the moon took the same form as the island. She had followers because where she had come from, all would follow her to the ends of the earth. And Lord Emit the Wise settled in the upper right hand corner, naming it the Land of Emit. His followers - much like Emit himself - wanted to know more about the world they inhabited, and also wanted to make themselves smarter.

"And a people who had been there longer than anyone else lived in the lower left hand corner, in Nimbuslus. They believed that through the clouds there was a being that was smarter than any other. They also had a gem for their land, but they also had a gem said to be given to them from said being. It is known as the Gem of Slander. That is what I believe the Dead Men stole from Jas."

Harver stopped momentarily to let Jas and Solon catch up.
Holy crap all my sigs were always poop. Best leave this space alone.

Anarchy_Jas

"Hmm," Jas closes her eyes, imagining the light blue jewel in her hand, only to have it snatched away.

((Think December Birthstone))

Light

"As I said before," Harver continued, "I tracked my family tree to find out that my real parents aren't my birth parents. It also turns out..." Harver took a deep breath in, and then exhaled, as if he had just let go of something important to him. "...that one of my ancestors is Lord Emit."

He stopped, looking out to the sea. After awhile, he continued. "I didn't tell you because I wanted to be someone normal for once. Not a prodigy, not the heir to some unknown throne... I just wanted to be normal. But then, all of this happens." He chuckled in disbelief. "There's no going back now, is there?"

Anarchy_Jas

"Maybe you coming with us was inevitable anyways," Jas says smiling.

Light

"Who knows? Maybe you're right..." Harver spaced out, looking into the ocean's blue waves. "Also, my ancestry was proven correct when I was told that a group of people were going to come who would need my help. I was told by a voice in my head. It also told me your names. I ignored it, thinking I was going crazy, and that I needed some fresh air."

Harver looked at Jas, and then to Solon. "And then I met you guys." He shook his head, and smiled. "When we found the Gem of Emit - or, the Time Gem - the bond between me and the voice in my head became more clear. Somehow, someway, Emit is able to contact me. I'm not sure what all of this means yet, but I am determined to find out." He closed his eyes, and hung his head. "I'm sorry for keeping this a secret."

Anarchy_Jas

"Hey," Jas puts a hand on Harver's shoulder. "What's done is done... gotta move on."

Light

"You're right. Thanks." Harver said, smiling at Jas. He was glad she understood. "Which reminds me. Shouldn't we get back to the ship, and the others?"

Anarchy_Jas

"Yeah," Jas starts heading that way. "But then I'm going out..."

Light

"Hmm?" Harver started to follow Jas. "What for? Can't it wait until morning?"

Anarchy_Jas

"I live here, there's people I need to see," Jas goes into the town. "People that would be mad if they knew I was here now, but didn't show up till morning."

Light

"Ok... good luck on that." Harver said, waving Jas good bye. He turned back and headed to the ship.

THEBIRD

Solon stayed on the cove. He hadn't said a word the entire time. Honestly, he wasn't surprised that Harver was heir to the land of Emit. Actually, Solon would probably been more surprised to find out he wasn't. He was just too smart and too Harvery ((Solon's word, not mine)) to be some normal kid from the land that didn't abide to the rules of time. Solon watched Jas and Harver leave and sat down on the beach side.

"Home sweet home," Solon sighed, thinking about his parent's gem, the Crescent Gem, that was stolen from him. He knew that the Dead Men couldn't take it off its chain and use it until he was dead, but it was only a matter of time till they got back... And the way things are going now, it'd be best if they found me when I was alone, instead of endangering the others again... he thought. Since I'm apparently the leader, I should appoint Harver as my second in case I die. Then, I'll need to head out and meet my fate, whatever that is.