News:

<+Ice> i have a dildo factory line run by old women in my garage

Main Menu

Lucario vs Mewtwo

Started by Apollo, January 21, 2008, 08:50:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rius

Quote from: tollhouse2006 on January 21, 2008, 10:02:22 AM
Why would Lucario replace Mewtwo?  Lucario isn't the same type as he is and their movesets would be completely different. 
People seem to think that fighting dog would be a total clone of the flying cat. You know, the same argument used against the robot who could being a clone of the chick in the armor.

tollhouse2006

Quote from: NINNIN6 on January 21, 2008, 10:10:12 AM
Why would Lucario replace Mewtwo?  Lucario isn't the same type as he is and their movesets would be completely different. 
People seem to think that fighting dog would be a total clone of the flying cat. You know, the same argument used against the robot who could being a clone of the chick in the armor.
This arguement is almost as stupid as the debate over Shiek's gender.
Friend Code: 2622-1690-4267  Finally have wifi

Rius

Quote from: tollhouse2006 on January 21, 2008, 10:14:03 AM
There really was no argument there, just wishful thinking. :P

tollhouse2006

Quote from: NINNIN6 on January 21, 2008, 10:16:18 AM
It was an argument.  That's a fact. But anyway do you think Mewtwo's chances are good?  Will we see him in the roster?

Qsmash

Lucario would have better control than Mewtwo would. I can't play at all with Mewtwo. :robotindifferent:

Cornwad

I hope so. Mewtwo deserves it more.

Rius

Quote from: tollhouse2006 on January 21, 2008, 10:18:41 AM
It was an argument.  That's a fact. But anyway do you think Mewtwo's chances are good?  Will we see him in the roster?
Well, I don't think characters really have chances, since there are no statsitics to be analyzed, and Sakurai is quite random in who gets in or not. If I were to give a number, it would be about 85%... I want to see him in, and being the only penultimate Pokemon that is actually feasible to use, I think he will appear. He has also been given the role as the emo Pokemon, and to you Americans, emo = evil, so he's another villain. :P However the roster, at the moment, is saturated with first generation reps, and if one Pokemon is cut for Lucario to appear, then it's going to be Mewtwo.I doubt it will happen, but the possiblity is there.

tollhouse2006

Quote from: NINNIN6 on January 21, 2008, 10:26:11 AM
Well, I don't think characters really have chances, since there are no statsitics to be analyzed, and Sakurai is quite random in who gets in or not. If I were to give a number, it would be about 85%... I want to see him in, and being the only penultimate Pokemon that is actually feasible to use, I think he will appear. He has also been given the role as the emo Pokemon, and to you Americans, emo = evil, so he's another villain. :P However the roster, at the moment, is saturated with first generation reps, and if one Pokemon is cut for Lucario to appear, then it's going to be Mewtwo.I doubt it will happen, but the possiblity is there.
I 100% agree with the bold text.  If only people would think that way and not give random numbers.  I believe Mewtwo's in Brawl and I couldn't imagine him not being in.

Cornwad

Quote from: tollhouse2006 on January 21, 2008, 10:34:38 AM
I 100% agree with the bold text.  If only people would think that way and not give random numbers.  I believe Mewtwo's in Brawl and I couldn't imagine him not being in.

:( Mewtwo was probably the one non-clone leaving that Serebii was talking about. Its not like G&W or Falcon are leaving. And yes, anything Serebii says is the truth.

Rius

Quote from: Cornwad on January 21, 2008, 10:38:25 AM

:( Mewtwo was probably the one non-clone leaving that Serebii was talking about. Its not like G&W or Falcon are leaving. And yes, anything Serebii says is the truth.
???? Well, we will find out, at least I wil, in 10 days, so no need worrying about it.

Cornwad

Quote from: NINNIN6 on January 21, 2008, 10:40:43 AM

???? Well, we will find out, at least I wil, in 10 days, so no need worrying about it.
Yeah, I guess you wern't supposed to understand that...
But Mewtwo won't be back  :(
I hope he's in though :)

Rius

Quote from: Cornwad on January 21, 2008, 10:41:56 AM

And what is Serebii's proof?

Water ☮

I thought Pichu was the emo pokemon!

Cornwad

Quote from: NINNIN6 on January 21, 2008, 10:43:43 AM
Quote from: Cornwad on January 21, 2008, 10:41:56 AM

And what is Serebii's proof?
He doesn't have any xD
But he hasn't been wrong yet. Its not like it matters, like you said, the game comes out in a week.

Dei Enyt

Mewtwo's contributed a whole lot more to the series than Lucario, so he should be in.

Lets compare:

Mewtwo:

In the games:
Being the FIRST and ORIGINAL ultimate Pokemon
The backstory revealed in the Pokemon Mansion on Cinnabar Island
Being the first Lv. 70 Pokemon you get after the Elite Four
First legendary Pokemon to make use of the Psychic type
The fact that it most likely took a Master Ball to capture it
A genetic connection to Mew, a fellow legendary Pokemon
A triumphant return in the FireRed and Leafgreen games

In the anime:

He's appeared under Giovanni's control, but later seen breaking out of their HQ.
He's been in two of the movies.
In the first movie, his connection to both Mew and Giovanni is explained in more depth.
Telepathic communication
A role that would make him the first "evil" Pokemon of it's own will.

Now Lucario:

In the games:
He appeared on a Gym Leaders team and the Champions team
Hatched from an egg and evolved through friendship, so it's more common than one would assume.
First Steel-Fighting type

In the anime:
One movie, and the movie focused more on Mew than Lucario
Unless I'm not up to date, his only appearance on the TV show is a half-second in the intro credits.  He'll likely be seen when Ash & co. head to the third Gym.

Mewtwo wins in both quality AND quantity.