<+Clu> was cute sure but it doesnt even mention homosexuality

Main Menu

DDR: Dance Dance Revolution

Started by Anarchy_Jas, January 21, 2008, 11:39:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anarchy_Jas

DDR! Discuss it here!

http://profile.imeem.com/v4d-cS/playlist/-hXX4Vcy/anime_and_ddr_music_playlist/
(If anyone knows how to get the actual player up here, tell me)

I KNOW I'm not the only one who plays *coughcrazyaddictedtocough* DDR. I have Extreme, Extreme 2, and SuperNOVA, and I play on Standard (Difficult) and Heavy (Expert). Sadly, I'm out of commission until my mom gets me this:

Yup, a Cobalt Flux. One of the top notch DDR mats! Once I get my feet on that, then I'll go out and get Max, Max 2, and SuperNOVA 2.

As for favorite songs, I have to say DoLL, Mugen, Xepher, Tsugaru, Tsugaru Apple Mix, Healing Vision, Healing Vision (Angelic Mix), Healing-D-Vision, the "Max" songs (The Legend of Max, Maxx 300, Max.), Captain Jack, Speed over Beethoven, A Stupid Barber, Sakura, oh and Kick the Can! There's more, but those are from the top of my head. XD

What about you guys?
"I know they hope I fall, but tell 'em winning is my muthaeffin protocol."

Light

O_O Is that the metal pad...?

My favorite DDR game was DDRMax2. Awesome. My favorite song from that was Break Down. I also enjoyed some of the other games' songs, such as Butterfly and Speed Over Beethoven.
Holy crap all my sigs were always poop. Best leave this space alone.

WiiGuy

my sister has DDR Extreme 2.

but hasn't played it because are house is old :|

Anarchy_Jas

Yes LS, that's a Cobalt Flux metal pad. =D The soft ones break too easily/soon for me.

And what's the house being old have to do with playing...? 0.o

*Note: Added DDR/Anime music to first post!*

THEBIRD

Yes, why would a house being too old have to do with anything?

*thinks of someone playing DDR and then the floor caving in*

...What a dangerous game. I'm more for Guitar Hero and Rockband then DDR. But I have played it at friend's houses. I don't have a favorite song or anything, but it is good exercise. Though I prefer running.

Anarchy_Jas

Lulz the floor caving in? That's something only BoA make happen. :P Oh yeah, you are running btw... you're just staying in one area.

THEBIRD

Hey, the worst I've done is break our fence. I mean, I swear it fell on it's own! I didn't jump kick it or anything, really...! And in DDR, it seems more like jumping then running. You have to criss-cross and do all that jumping on those arrowy pad thingies. Plus, where's the fun in running in place D=?

Anarchy_Jas

Think of it as running without leaving the comfort of your home. *Nods* As for the jumping thing, it depends on the song.

There seems to be more running than jumping in this one. http://youtube.com/watch?v=VgYAuomtNsU&feature=related

There's a lot of jumping here. http://youtube.com/watch?v=rRj6ZoZEA1g&feature=related

This one has a poopload of everything... http://youtube.com/watch?v=NUuiprD9dJE&feature=related

iemaxx

Ummm actully ITG2( in the groove 2) is way better cuz they have loads of songs (well once the machine is hacked) and plus i own at DDR any way ;)

Anarchy_Jas

Quote from: iemaxx on January 28, 2008, 01:57:33 PM
Ummm actully ITG2( in the groove 2) is way better cuz they have loads of songs (well once the machine is hacked) and plus i own at DDR any way ;)

... and? Unless you have more than one reason, and proof for you're reasons, then no, it's not. :P I can't say anyways because I haven't played ITG before. Besides, DDR has a bunch of songs without hackin' the machine... 300 songs is enough.

iemaxx

Quote from: Sh0rTi on February 04, 2008, 10:49:31 PM

... and? Unless you have more than one reason, and proof for you're reasons, then no, it's not. :P I can't say anyways because I haven't played ITG before. Besides, DDR has a bunch of songs without hackin' the machine... 300 songs is enough.

Ummm search it up on youtube and no its not better i have my reasons

1. The pad sucks on DDR unless u have ur own pad

2. A hacked itg2 machine has like a 1,000 songs

and DDR is way to easy for me thats why i play ITG

Zovistograt

I can't get a DDR pad for my house, sadly, because there are ppl below me and I'm actually considerate of them D:

I play every chance I get, especially in arcades, though.  Also, I play a lot of Stepmania and FFR on my fingers.
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

Anarchy_Jas

Quote from: iemaxx on February 07, 2008, 07:11:06 PM
Quote from: Sh0rTi on February 04, 2008, 10:49:31 PM

Ummm search it up on youtube and no its not better i have my reasons

1. The pad sucks on DDR unless u have ur own pad

2. A hacked itg2 machine has like a 1,000 songs

and DDR is way to easy for me thats why i play ITG

I KNOW what ITG is; I've seen it. If I ever got the chance to try it, I would. I know the DDR soft pad sucks (hell, I've been through three of them XD), but it doesn't matter because I happen to enjoy the game, and I'm getting a CF pad anyways. Like I said, 300 songs is enough for me. I don't have the time to go around to arcades in the first place.

Starrodkirby86

In the Groove is more advanced, it has harder songs, and some of the songs are catchy. Hacking would give it advanced capabilities, but that's because ITG is basically the same thing as Stepmania. Heck, the Stepmania people were affiliated with ITG. DDR is also easy, but recently the ten footers are becoming a challenge. In the most recent mix, the Pluto Series is definitely a challenge.

Besides, for difficulty and refinement, ITG and DDR are not your answers. It's Pump It Up. Pump, although it has a big X (Five arrows, Diagonals and Center), every song has a video. A nice Beatmania-esque video. There is also a lot of songs in there as well, though I am not sure how much. A Quest Mode is available to unlock, and there's way more mods. But I shouldn't advertise. :P

Why do you have a Cobalt Flux? D: I wants one! D: D: D:

Zovistograt

Quote from: Starrodkirby86 on February 15, 2008, 07:12:29 PM
In the Groove is more advanced, it has harder songs, and some of the songs are catchy. Hacking would give it advanced capabilities, but that's because ITG is basically the same thing as Stepmania. Heck, the Stepmania people were affiliated with ITG. DDR is also easy, but recently the ten footers are becoming a challenge. In the most recent mix, the Pluto Series is definitely a challenge.
I think ITG is quite unfair compared to DDR, olol.  I seem to lose sometimes even though I think I cleared the song D:

But yeah, some of the songs are great, like that one that speeds up more and more on a freeze but then just laughs at you for tensing up for a frenzy and goes back to normal speed...Maximizer, is it?
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)