News:

Our thoughts go to Silver and his family in this difficult time.

Main Menu

DDR: Dance Dance Revolution

Started by Anarchy_Jas, January 21, 2008, 11:39:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Starrodkirby86

Quote from: Zovistograt on February 15, 2008, 10:50:29 PM
Quote from: Starrodkirby86 on February 15, 2008, 07:12:29 PM
In the Groove is more advanced, it has harder songs, and some of the songs are catchy. Hacking would give it advanced capabilities, but that's because ITG is basically the same thing as Stepmania. Heck, the Stepmania people were affiliated with ITG. DDR is also easy, but recently the ten footers are becoming a challenge. In the most recent mix, the Pluto Series is definitely a challenge.
I think ITG is quite unfair compared to DDR, olol.  I seem to lose sometimes even though I think I cleared the song D:

But yeah, some of the songs are great, like that one that speeds up more and more on a freeze but then just laughs at you for tensing up for a frenzy and goes back to normal speed...Maximizer, is it?

ITG is definitely harder. However, the life meter might be a little mean. It depends on how your arcade manager set up the machine and the life meter. Though maybe ITG's life meter is mean naturally (Or the judge) because of its Stepmania roots.

It's not Maximizer. Maximizer doesn't have any speed ups or downs, but it has some pauses. I think the song you are thinking of is "The Legend of Max". It has a long freeze arrow jump that spans to 600 BPM, then slows down to somewhere below 100 or of that. Very fun song.

Anarchy_Jas

Quote from: Starrodkirby86 on February 16, 2008, 12:06:39 AM
Quote from: Zovistograt on February 15, 2008, 10:50:29 PM
Quote from: Starrodkirby86 on February 15, 2008, 07:12:29 PM
In the Groove is more advanced, it has harder songs, and some of the songs are catchy. Hacking would give it advanced capabilities, but that's because ITG is basically the same thing as Stepmania. Heck, the Stepmania people were affiliated with ITG. DDR is also easy, but recently the ten footers are becoming a challenge. In the most recent mix, the Pluto Series is definitely a challenge.
I think ITG is quite unfair compared to DDR, olol.  I seem to lose sometimes even though I think I cleared the song D:

But yeah, some of the songs are great, like that one that speeds up more and more on a freeze but then just laughs at you for tensing up for a frenzy and goes back to normal speed...Maximizer, is it?

ITG is definitely harder. However, the life meter might be a little mean. It depends on how your arcade manager set up the machine and the life meter. Though maybe ITG's life meter is mean naturally (Or the judge) because of its Stepmania roots.

It's not Maximizer. Maximizer doesn't have any speed ups or downs, but it has some pauses. I think the song you are thinking of is "The Legend of Max". It has a long freeze arrow jump that spans to 600 BPM, then slows down to somewhere below 100 or of that. Very fun song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgYAuomtNsU

<3 "The Legend of Max" XD I'm trying to get it down on Standard though...

I can think of a bunch of songs that speed up like crazy, then come back down, then speed up "The Legend of Max" being one of them. There's "MaxX Unlimited," "Max. (Period)," and "Healing-D-Vision" too (Even though it's not a "Max" title).

Oh and I don't have a Cobalt Flux just yet. My mom promised me one because the soft pads can't face my wrath as I obsessively DDR, and because I want one like a crackhead wants crack.
"I know they hope I fall, but tell 'em winning is my muthaeffin protocol."

Starrodkirby86

Quote from: Sh0rTi on February 16, 2008, 02:07:58 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgYAuomtNsU

<3 "The Legend of Max" XD I'm trying to get it down on Standard though...

I can think of a bunch of songs that speed up like crazy, then come back down, then speed up "The Legend of Max" being one of them. There's "MaxX Unlimited," "Max. (Period)," and "Healing-D-Vision" too (Even though it's not a "Max" title).

Oh and I don't have a Cobalt Flux just yet. My mom promised me one because the soft pads can't face my wrath as I obsessively DDR, and because I want one like a crackhead wants crack.

There are many songs that have a crazy speed up or speed down. Legend of Max has the most memorable Speed change besides Max (Period). I can say Fascination has one, and tokyoEVOLVED definitely has one. Wild Rush has a progression of speed changes, but really, there's a bunch of songs that has it.

---

Oh. Just a promise. :(

Anarchy_Jas

Yes, just a promise, but I do get the things she promises me no matter how long it takes.

Can't forget Sakura with the speed change in the middle and end. =D Speed change or not, I think most the songs are fun.
"I know they hope I fall, but tell 'em winning is my muthaeffin protocol."