News:

<+Ice> i have a dildo factory line run by old women in my garage

Main Menu

Mushroomy Sequence

Started by Apollo, January 27, 2008, 09:42:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Apollo

Ok so I know that it says the stage will move at a "leisurely pace" and I also know that it will occasionally load the underground level.
Well do you think that since it does move at a "leisurely pace" that it will also include a "fast-moving pace" like when time in running out?
Sounds plausible to me.

Nayrman

I doubt it...because then it'd only do that for timed matches. I doubt the'd do that. I just want to know if there is a trick to be sure you get one or the other so you can "choose" in a sense (like how you did music)

Apollo

na i dont think there will be a trick
as for the speed
maybe it just speeds up at random times, like on icicle mountain
that would be cool

Nayrman

Quote from: Apollo on January 27, 2008, 09:50:25 AM
as for the speed
that would be cool
I hope not....then you have to worry about keeping up...one of the main reasons no one liked Icicle Mountain.
Besides, I want to bask in the oddness that is Sonic and Snake running through the first Mario level ever X_X;

Apollo

Quote from: Nayrman on January 27, 2008, 09:51:20 AM
as for the speed
that would be cool
I hope not....then you have to worry about keeping up...one of the main reasons no one liked Icicle Mountain.
Besides, I want to bask in the oddness that is Sonic and Snake running through the first Mario level ever X_X;
but thats all part of it
you had to do it in the original so what better to do then make the stage as close to the original as possible

Nayrman

Quote from: Apollo on January 27, 2008, 09:57:22 AM
as for the speed
that would be cool
but thats all part of it
you had to do it in the original so what better to do then make the stage as close to the original as possible
that stage goes as fast as you do, not the stage moving by itself X_X;;
The stage would go "faster" because you had to rush to get to the end

Apollo

Quote from: Nayrman on January 27, 2008, 09:58:14 AM
as for the speed
that would be cool
but thats all part of it
but adding in a fast moving sequence would bring more uniqueness to the level and would help relive some aspect of the level

Nayrman

Quote from: Apollo on January 27, 2008, 10:00:59 AM
as for the speed
that would be cool
but thats all part of it
but adding in a fast moving sequence would bring more uniqueness to the level and would help relive some aspect of the level
How would it do that? Mario was never meant to be a "fast" game. I don't remember any Mario level actually moving fast unless I just plain ran through it as fast as I could.

Apollo

Quote from: Nayrman on January 27, 2008, 10:02:15 AM
as for the speed
that would be cool
but thats all part of it
How would it do that? Mario was never meant to be a "fast" game. I don't remember any Mario level actually moving fast unless I just plain ran through it as fast as I could.
but when the music gets fast it should go fast to strengthen the "you dont have much time" rush effect

Nayrman

Quote from: Apollo on January 27, 2008, 10:04:56 AM
Quote from: Nayrman on January 27, 2008, 10:02:15 AM
as for the speed
that would be cool
but thats all part of it
but when the music gets fast it should go fast to strengthen the "you dont have much time" rush effect
Isn't that WHY the music plays fast? The quick stage is a terrible idea IMO. Besides, what are the three most hated stages in melee? Oh right, fast motion stages like Big Blue, Pokefloats, and Icicle Mountain. There is a reason for that. Quick moving stages take away from te fighting, and only favor fast characters.

Dawei

The stage speeding up is a stupid idea. Icicle Mountain was a intercourse ing poopty stage, and we don't need any other ones.

End of story. NEXT

Apollo

well just realize that the game needs unique stages and also dont forget that some people like those stages.
i dont fight on icicle mountain but its still fun to use.

Dawei

Quote from: Apollo on January 27, 2008, 11:52:14 AM
well just realize that the game needs unique stages and also dont forget that some people like those stages.

But no one with an IQ above 3 liked Icicle Mountain. Not to mention there is stage creator.

Nayrman

Quote from: Dawei on January 27, 2008, 12:12:41 PM

But no one with an IQ above 3 liked Icicle Mountain. Not to mention there is stage creator.
Not to mention it seems all hte stages have something unique only to them anyway such as the Bulbor in Pikmin to stage flipping in the frigate...etc.

Dawei

Quote from: Nayrman on January 27, 2008, 12:14:18 PM
Quote from: Dawei on January 27, 2008, 12:12:41 PM

Not to mention it seems all hte stages have something unique only to them anyway such as the Bulbor in Pikmin to stage flipping in the frigate...etc.
I've only counted about 5 or 6 neutral stages, out of the 25+ revealed.