UH SOMETHING BROKE HANG ON

Main Menu

Mushroomy Sequence

Started by Apollo, January 27, 2008, 09:42:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Apollo

Quote from: Dawei on January 27, 2008, 12:12:41 PM
Quote from: Apollo on January 27, 2008, 11:52:14 AM
well just realize that the game needs unique stages and also dont forget that some people like those stages.
i dont fight on icicle mountain but its still fun to use.

But no one with an IQ above 3 liked Icicle Mountain. Not to mention there is stage creator.
yeah but when you go random stage with a friend then youre both at disadvantage.
thats what makes the level good.
i am not a fan of its use, but it is worthy of the game.
super mario bros actually has a reason to speed up

Nayrman

Quote from: Apollo on January 27, 2008, 12:16:22 PM
well just realize that the game needs unique stages and also dont forget that some people like those stages.

But no one with an IQ above 3 liked Icicle Mountain. Not to mention there is stage creator.
yeah but when you go random stage with a friend then youre both at disadvantage.
Icicle Mountain was the worst stage possibly ever for a fighting game. You almost never get any fighting done in the first place. ANd please tell me what reason there is for the speed up? Frankly there isn't...

Apollo

Quote from: Nayrman on January 27, 2008, 12:18:14 PM

Icicle Mountain was the worst stage possibly ever for a fighting game. You almost never get any fighting done in the first place. ANd please tell me what reason there is for the speed up? Frankly there isn't...
cause it would go with the music and it would help relive the rush feeling

Nayrman

Quote from: Apollo on January 27, 2008, 12:20:08 PM

Hvae you listened to the music? It's nice and slow. Also, have you even played the origional Mario? It never FORCES you to go fast, even when the music does. You can go as slow as you want, and Sakurai learned by the general hatred for the IC's stage. Too fast means no fighting means it's unplayable

Apollo

Quote from: Nayrman on January 27, 2008, 12:24:39 PM
Quote from: Apollo on January 27, 2008, 12:20:08 PM

Hvae you listened to the music? It's nice and slow. Also, have you even played the origional Mario? It never FORCES you to go fast, even when the music does. You can go as slow as you want, and Sakurai learned by the general hatred for the IC's stage. Too fast means no fighting means it's unplayable
but it speeds up when youre rushed
the level does force you to move though
so its already ruined (according to you guys) anyways

Triforce_Luigi

Let's take a look at Apollo's suggestion.

The stage moves at "a leisurely pace," so it's unlikely to go fast. I doubt Sakurai would ruin a good stage by making it speed up randomly, especially after the failure that is now known as "Icicle Mountain." There is really no reason to speed up. Just because you're running out of time? Making it faster in a timed match, with ten seconds left... Laughable.

Say you have ten seconds to make a KO and win the game. I think most would be seriously mad if the stage started moving faster randomly. If it did, then you'd have to focus more on keeping up then fighting, meaning no KO. Plus, that would put quite a few characters at a disadvantage. Think Bowser, Dedede, and Ike trying to stay on a screen that's moving that fast.

What I really wonder is what happens when you reach the end of the level.

Nayrman

Quote from: Triforce_Luigi on January 27, 2008, 12:28:25 PM

The stage moves at "a leisurely pace," so it's unlikely to go fast. I doubt Sakurai would ruin a good stage by making it speed up randomly, especially after the failure that is now known as "Icicle Mountain." There is really no reason to speed up. Just because you're running out of time? Making it faster in a timed match, with ten seconds left... Laughable.

Say you have ten seconds to make a KO and win the game. I think most would be seriously mad if the stage started moving faster randomly. If it did, then you'd have to focus more on keeping up then fighting, meaning no KO. Plus, that would put quite a few characters at a disadvantage. Think Bowser, Dedede, and Ike trying to stay on a screen that's moving that fast.

It probably just starts over after you get past the castle. And thank you for proving my point for me.

Apollo

i laughed so hard at the bolded part cause its true.
i think it would be really cool if it were random though

Nayrman

Quote from: Apollo on January 27, 2008, 12:36:51 PM

You're probably the only one htat thinks that. I think it's a dumb idea and it would prove that Sakurai has learned nothing after that debacle of an IC's stage. No one likes stages that move a lot...and do you know why? It's ebcause it takes away from the fighting because you're more focused on just living...and there is no fun in that...it's just lame and annoying

Tupin

Quote from: Nayrman on January 27, 2008, 12:39:50 PM

You're probably the only one htat thinks that. I think it's a dumb idea and it would prove that Sakurai has learned nothing after that debacle of an IC's stage. No one likes stages that move a lot...and do you know why? It's ebcause it takes away from the fighting because you're more focused on just living...and there is no fun in that...it's just lame and annoying
I don't even fight on Icicle Mountain...

I just jump up so the screen scrolls and the enemy falls.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Apollo

you cant say he learned from that when over half the new stages are scrolling or somehow moving stages.
he even added in the new DK stage which is like the same thing.

Nayrman

Quote from: Apollo on January 27, 2008, 12:49:32 PM

you cant say he learned from that when over half the new stages are scrolling or somehow moving stages.
IN the insanely breif clips we've seen of it. It doens't seem to move that fast, and if there is one like IC's, then don't ask for another one when you've already got a stage just like it X_X;;

Apollo

Quote from: Nayrman on January 27, 2008, 12:54:31 PM

IN the insanely breif clips we've seen of it. It doens't seem to move that fast, and if there is one like IC's, then don't ask for another one when you've already got a stage just like it X_X;;
but at least in this one the stage speeds side ways

Rius

The Donkey Kong stage moves at a constant speed and in one direction.

Apollo

Quote from: NINNIN6 on January 27, 2008, 02:24:13 PM

The Donkey Kong stage moves at a constant speed and in one direction.
first of all i dont think we know that yet
maybe it will speed up, maybe it wont
also
mushroomy kingdom will be moving in one direction as well