News:

<+Clu> Silverhawk79 is just wrong for me

Main Menu

Mushroomy Sequence

Started by Apollo, January 27, 2008, 09:42:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Depster

I kinda liked the IC stage... See, using Yoshi lets you fight and jump at the same time =p

Brawl Code: 3050-7249-4136    Message me yours!

Java

Quote from: Apollo on January 27, 2008, 02:27:47 PM
Quote from: NINNIN6 on January 27, 2008, 02:24:13 PM
Quote from: Apollo on January 27, 2008, 12:49:32 PM
Quote from: Nayrman on January 27, 2008, 12:39:50 PM
Quote from: Apollo on January 27, 2008, 12:36:51 PM
Quote from: Triforce_Luigi on January 27, 2008, 12:28:25 PM
Let's take a look at Apollo's suggestion.

The stage moves at "a leisurely pace," so it's unlikely to go fast. I doubt Sakurai would ruin a good stage by making it speed up randomly, especially after the failure that is now known as "Icicle Mountain." There is really no reason to speed up. Just because you're running out of time? Making it faster in a timed match, with ten seconds left... Laughable.

Say you have ten seconds to make a KO and win the game. I think most would be seriously mad if the stage started moving faster randomly. If it did, then you'd have to focus more on keeping up then fighting, meaning no KO. Plus, that would put quite a few characters at a disadvantage. Think Bowser, Dedede, and Ike trying to stay on a screen that's moving that fast.

What I really wonder is what happens when you reach the end of the level.
i laughed so hard at the bolded part cause its true.
i think it would be really cool if it were random though
You're probably the only one htat thinks that. I think it's a dumb idea and it would prove that Sakurai has learned nothing after that debacle of an IC's stage. No one likes stages that move a lot...and do you know why? It's ebcause it takes away from the fighting because you're more focused on just living...and there is no fun in that...it's just lame and annoying
you cant say he learned from that when over half the new stages are scrolling or somehow moving stages.
he even added in the new DK stage which is like the same thing.
The Donkey Kong stage moves at a constant speed and in one direction.
first of all i dont think we know that yet
maybe it will speed up, maybe it wont
also
mushroomy kingdom will be moving in one direction as well

"The key here is to keep climbing up and up."

"The screen slowly scrolls upward, so if you don't want to get left behind, you'd better get to climbing. Oh, and don't forget to pummel your opponents on the way."

Jono2

Quote from: Depster on January 27, 2008, 06:31:03 PM
I kinda liked the IC stage... See, using Yoshi lets you fight and jump at the same time =p

yeah, I use Yoshi, but I hated the stage just because of how annoying it was.  I don't only use Yoshi, and I'd reckon that because of all of my use of him, I'm probably better with the Cap now.

Yoshi's moves are wrecked for brawl... you can't jump cancel anymore, and fastfalling is out... my whole strategem is gone, and I have to rework it entirely. :'(

Quote from: LinkXLR on January 30, 2008, 09:10:54 PM
Quote from: famy on January 30, 2008, 08:36:30 PM
is big willy unleashed a will smith game

...I'm not even gonna touch this one.

SteamID: Lazylen

JrDude

No, I liked all the stages in Melle EXCEPT the one like that, Icicle mountain, fast moving is stupid, the main part of the game is to kill each other, not the stage killing you.
[move][/move]
Dude .

LuigiMan

Sakurai isn't a moron, he learns from his mistakes. He knows how much everyone hated Icicle Mountain, and we already know that Rumble Falls scrolls in one direction at a constant speed. Mushroomy Kingdom will be no different. No change of speed, especially if the reason is to relive the "rush sequence", which, last time I checked never included the level speeding up. The only thing that sped up was the music, and we don't know yet if that will happen.

Dawei

Quote from: Jono2 on January 27, 2008, 11:34:12 PM

yeah, I use Yoshi, but I hated the stage just because of how annoying it was.  I don't only use Yoshi, and I'd reckon that because of all of my use of him, I'm probably better with the Cap now.

Yoshi's moves are wrecked for brawl... you can't jump cancel anymore, and fastfalling is out... my whole strategem is gone, and I have to rework it entirely. :'(
The hell? Fast falling is still in the game...

Jono2

Quote from: Dawei on January 28, 2008, 07:19:28 AM
Quote from: Jono2 on January 27, 2008, 11:34:12 PM

The hell? Fast falling is still in the game...

is it?  I read somewhere that it was taken out...

oh, right

that was probably on Gfaqs. -_-

Quote from: LinkXLR on January 30, 2008, 09:10:54 PM
Quote from: famy on January 30, 2008, 08:36:30 PM
is big willy unleashed a will smith game

...I'm not even gonna touch this one.

SteamID: Lazylen

Apollo

Quote from: LuigiMan on January 28, 2008, 01:44:19 AM
Sakurai isn't a moron, he learns from his mistakes. He knows how much everyone hated Icicle Mountain, and we already know that Rumble Falls scrolls in one direction at a constant speed. Mushroomy Kingdom will be no different. No change of speed, especially if the reason is to relive the "rush sequence", which, last time I checked never included the level speeding up. The only thing that sped up was the music, and we don't know yet if that will happen.
the "rush sequence" would be to help relive the feeling that you dont have much time left and you need to hurry up.
you can hardly say that adding icicle mountain was a mistake.
it added to the game's uniqueness and i dont think there was ONE bad aspect of ssbm.