News:

ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.

Main Menu

Smash Sells...

Started by Java, March 20, 2008, 07:52:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Java

I don't know if this is old or not, but I saw this on Nintendo's website.

Smash has sold 1.4 million units since it's launch, selling 874,00 on launch day.

So how did this compare to Halo 3?  ::)

"Super Smash Bros. Brawl Smashes Nintendo Sales Records

2008-03-17

REDMOND, Wash., March 17, 2008 ? After just one week on store shelves, Super Smash Bros. Brawl for Wii has become the fastest-selling video game in Nintendo of America?s history. Since its launch on March 9, the feature-packed fighting action game has sold more than 1.4 million units in the United States, including more than 874,000 on March 9 alone. It has sold at a rate of more than 120 units per minute between launch and March 16.

?Super Smash Bros. Brawl has made the leap from video game to cultural phenomenon,? said Cammie Dunaway, Nintendo of America?s executive vice president of Sales & Marketing. ?Game reviewers and the public alike praise its fun game play and extensive, inventive content.?

Super Smash Bros. Brawl features a nearly limitless variety of options for players. Dozens of classic Nintendo characters like Mario and Pikachu are joined by industry icons like Sonic The Hedgehog and Metal Gear?s Solid Snake for all-out four-player battles. The endless customization keeps players coming back for more. The previous game in the series, Super Smash Bros. Melee, became the best-selling Nintendo GameCube game of all time with more than 7 million copies sold worldwide, so it?s no surprise to see this latest installment racking up record numbers.

?It?s important to remember,? Dunaway said, ?that we have lots more fun on the way: Upcoming titles like Mario Kart Wii and Wii Fit will keep our momentum going strong.?

Mario Kart Wii launches April 27 with the Wii Wheel, which lets players drive their speedy karts with the intuitive feel of a wireless steering wheel. It?s another ?bridge? game like Wii Sports that lets video game novices and veterans play and have fun together. Wii Fit arrives May 19 with the Wii Balance Board to combine fun and fitness. It lets users track their progress over time, and it?s an easy way for every member of the family to keep active and play together. "

http://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/detail/AU8xLess7wISKbSMpYCj_HThii8UiBzG

Triforceman22

Tollhouse just got pwnt. :P

QuoteRobotnik: GET A LOAD OF THIS!!!!!!!!

Ridley

How many copies did Halo 3 sell again?
...Friend codes were probably implemented by the same people who wanted tripping in Brawl...
...It's quite obvious...

Allegretto

I think Halo 3 was in the millions wasent it?

tibar7

halo 3 to now has sold about 5 million copies i think. even though halo 3 beat brawl at opening day, brawl is going at a faster pace. on opening day halo 3 got like 2 million copies sold. brawl got 800,000 or something like that. this was in america. that just goes to show you, that all it takes for an average american gamer to like a video game is good graphics and guns. brawl is such a better game and deserved to beat it on opening day.
The Brawl Shenanigans -Tibar's Team

I know, my sig is just awesome! Die spoiler rule!

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: tibar7 on March 20, 2008, 08:20:13 PM
halo 3 to now has sold about 5 million copies i think. even though halo 3 beat brawl at opening day, brawl is going at a faster pace. on opening day halo 3 got like 2 million copies sold. brawl got 800,000 or something like that. this was in america. that just goes to show you, that all it takes for an average american gamer to like a video game is good graphics and guns. brawl is such a better game and deserved to beat it on opening day.
So Tollhouse's bet will let him win?

Geno

Quote from: tibar7 on March 20, 2008, 08:20:13 PM
Halo was just disapointing.

Geno

Quote from: OmegaMasterDeath on March 21, 2008, 07:44:30 AM
What bet?
Tollhouse was being a faggot fanboy and bet everyone that Smash Bros. Brawl would outsell Halo 3 in it's first week.

Java

Quote from: Geno on March 21, 2008, 08:45:09 AM
What bet?
Tollhouse was being a faggot fanboy and bet everyone that Smash Bros. Brawl would outsell Halo 3 in it's first week.

So how much did Halo 3 sell in its first week?

tollhouse2006

What bet?

What the hell did I do to you?  You're insulting me for no reason.  I only did that bet for fun.  I've always known my chances were not that good but I still supoorted Brawl anyway.  It only lost my 5 bucks but I don't care.  I got the best game ever in my Wii right now and that's all that matters.   
Friend Code: 2622-1690-4267  Finally have wifi

Geno

Quote from: tollhouse2006 on March 21, 2008, 10:38:07 AM
What bet?

What the hell did I do to you?  You're insulting me for no reason.  I only did that bet for fun.  I've always known my chances were not that good but I still supoorted Brawl anyway.  It only lost my 5 bucks but I don't care.  I got the best game ever in my Wii right now and that's all that matters.   
You didn't do anything to me. I just said you were being a Nintendo fanboy

Macawmoses

Why don't you all shut the intercourse  up? Yes, TH got pwned, like I said he would, but we don't truly need a thread dedicated to such.. However, should anyone provide evidence to him betting with you, and he has not paid up, I will enforce the bet. With that said, this is why fanboys get hated on. In the future, don't blindly follow something.

Thread will be unlocked if I think you all can handle discussing things like sales, business tactics, etc. Until then, *LOCKED*