News:

Our thoughts go to Silver and his family in this difficult time.

Main Menu

Gears of War vs Halo

Started by Zelda_Masta, April 03, 2008, 10:01:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zelda_Masta

tell meh which one u think is betta and why.  And no "halo sux" isnt an answer.  I personally like Gears way better because the online is so addictive.  In halo the maps r so big, u spend most of the match lookin for the fight.  In gears, u spend most of the match IN the fight.  Sure halo may hav more weapons and whatnot but the game still bores me to death.  Another thing is Halo sniper sux.  i mean since when have u seen a semi automatic sniper who's bullets bounce of of walls :/ not to mention that when you shoot some one in th head they just fall, but in gears their head pops off... Gears is just so much more action packed. And in Gears, glitchin is always fun which u cant do in Halo 3 as much..

QuoteSTOP MAKING SHINY ELECTRONICS!!!  People always think things look better shinier...until they touch them and leave an ugly finger print on its sexy little case

THEEVILSPERKY

I really, really, really don't like Gears at all.  I've tried it a few times and it's just not an enjoyable game to play.  It's visually unappealing as well.  I just can't stand playing it.  I can't really see how anyone likes it to be honest.  Uncharted for PS3 and Army of Two, however, do have similar mechanics to Gears but there's just something about Gears that really makes the game really boring.

Halo, on the other hand, is very entertaining.  The weapons, the vehicles, the environment, the different play modes, all the customization, and the atmosphere and overall experience of playing is simply superb.  Gears just can't compare to any of it.
NES, SNES, N64, GCN (Jet Black), PQ (JPN), Wii, GBP (Clear), GBC (Green x2), GBASP (x2 Cobalt, x1 NES), DSLite (Black), SG3, SDC (x1 BIG, x1 Clear black top, solid grey/beige bottom), PS (x2), PS2 (Slim, Silver), PS3 (NTSC 60GB upgraded to 500GB), PSP 2000 (Silver, 4GB), XBox360 Elite

HTA!

Quote from: THEEVILSPERKY on April 04, 2008, 12:12:39 AM
I really, really, really don't like Gears at all.  I've tried it a few times and it's just not an enjoyable game to play.  It's visually unappealing as well.  I just can't stand playing it.  I can't really see how anyone likes it to be honest.  Uncharted for PS3 and Army of Two, however, do have similar mechanics to Gears but there's just something about Gears that really makes the game really boring.

Halo, on the other hand, is very entertaining.  The weapons, the vehicles, the environment, the different play modes, all the customization, and the atmosphere and overall experience of playing is simply superb.  Gears just can't compare to any of it.
Exactly.

Gears is just a different style/atmosphere than Halo.

Over-rated or not, Halo Wins.

Zelda_Masta

i'm glad to hear some of ur opinions but i honestly dont see anything in Halo.  Ok it has like tons of online modes and weapons and vehicles, but i dont think it can compare with Gears's carnage and in your face action and just straight up battle.  The purpose of the vehicles in halo is to get around the maps that are just TOO BIG. and care to elaborate on how gears is boring?? becuase i think halo is boring and i stated my reasons for thinking so.

QuoteSTOP MAKING SHINY ELECTRONICS!!!  People always think things look better shinier...until they touch them and leave an ugly finger print on its sexy little case

HTA!

Quote from: Zelda_Masta on April 04, 2008, 08:47:57 PM
i'm glad to hear some of ur opinions but i honestly dont see anything in Halo.  Ok it has like tons of online modes and weapons and vehicles, but i dont think it can compare with Gears's carnage and in your face action and just straight up battle.  The purpose of the vehicles in halo is to get around the maps that are just TOO BIG. and care to elaborate on how gears is boring?? becuase i think halo is boring and i stated my reasons for thinking so.
1. I'm pretty sure some people don;t like the "ZOMG blud on teh creenz" gore and "action"
2. Banshee, Ghost, Elephant
3. He doesn't have too, but I say Gears isn't nearly as fun and thats my opinion =p

Zelda_Masta

Quote from: Hector_the_Axe on April 04, 2008, 09:06:44 PM
1. I'm pretty sure some people don;t like the "ZOMG blud on teh creenz" gore and "action"
3. He doesn't have too, but I say Gears isn't nearly as fun and thats my opinion =p

the only reason u need those stupid vehicles are becuase the maps are so big.  Theres no need for vehcles in gears.  In gears u can actually hav a 1v1 without spending an hour looking for the person.  And Halo has had three generations to get it right, Gears got it right on the first try and Gears of War 2 is prolly gonna be even betta.  I know that once gow2 comes out people are gonna be sayin "Halo what?" just watch

THEEVILSPERKY

Personally... I think I'd like a game with MORE options than one with less.

I'd rather not be limited to the annoying gameplay mechanics of Gears.  Hide behind a wall and shoot on and off forever... meh, boring.  Environments aren't inspiring at all.  All bland.  Everything's red, black, and grey.

Seriously, would you prefer a game with on foot AND multiple vehicle action or one without?  Meh, that's just me. ^_^

I think those options provide more action.  You can choose how you wanna play.  Play mostly with vehicles, sniper weapons, enjoy close quarters combat, open area battlefields, it's got it all.

Again, my experiences with both games have differed greatly and Halo happened to be my kinda game for the reasons I've stated. ^_^

Even as much of a "vampire" as I am... just splashing blood around doesn't make the game "action-y" or "better" for me necessarily.  Example, blood on or off in Mortal Kombat doesn't make or break the game for me in any way.  The blood doesn't make or break ANY game for me... and if Gears is only blood, then... hooray... blood... but... other games have that too... and w/o the kind of engaging gameplay that Halo offers... Gears is just a puddle of wasted blood.

Bam. >_>
NES, SNES, N64, GCN (Jet Black), PQ (JPN), Wii, GBP (Clear), GBC (Green x2), GBASP (x2 Cobalt, x1 NES), DSLite (Black), SG3, SDC (x1 BIG, x1 Clear black top, solid grey/beige bottom), PS (x2), PS2 (Slim, Silver), PS3 (NTSC 60GB upgraded to 500GB), PSP 2000 (Silver, 4GB), XBox360 Elite

Zelda_Masta

Quote from: THEEVILSPERKY on April 05, 2008, 02:12:05 AM
Personally... I think I'd like a game with MORE options than one with less.

I'd rather not be limited to the annoying gameplay mechanics of Gears.  Hide behind a wall and shoot on and off forever... meh, boring.  Environments aren't inspiring at all.  All bland.  Everything's red, black, and grey.

Seriously, would you prefer a game with on foot AND multiple vehicle action or one without?  Meh, that's just me. ^_^

I think those options provide more action.  You can choose how you wanna play.  Play mostly with vehicles, sniper weapons, enjoy close quarters combat, open area battlefields, it's got it all.

Again, my experiences with both games have differed greatly and Halo happened to be my kinda game for the reasons I've stated. ^_^

Even as much of a "vampire" as I am... just splashing blood around doesn't make the game "action-y" or "better" for me necessarily.  Example, blood on or off in Mortal Kombat doesn't make or break the game for me in any way.  The blood doesn't make or break ANY game for me... and if Gears is only blood, then... hooray... blood... but... other games have that too... and w/o the kind of engaging gameplay that Halo offers... Gears is just a puddle of wasted blood.

Bam. >_>
ok mr.vampire, gears prolly just isnt your game but to me its super addicting and halo to is just meh... and carnage adds to the realism in the game rather than just falling. 

FruitFlow

"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

HTA!

Quote from: Zelda_Masta on April 04, 2008, 11:31:08 PM

the only reason u need those stupid vehicles are becuase the maps are so big.  Theres no need for vehcles in gears.  In gears u can actually hav a 1v1 without spending an hour looking for the person.  And Halo has had three generations to get it right, Gears got it right on the first try and Gears of War 2 is prolly gonna be even betta.  I know that once gow2 comes out people are gonna be sayin "Halo what?" just watch
No evidence plus blatant fanboyism does not a good post make.
Just because it took multiple games, both games are out now so the quality of past titles is irrelevant.

And since Gears 2 isn't out yet, and people still play Halo, Void.

Zelda_Masta

Quote from: Hector_the_Axe on April 05, 2008, 07:05:17 PM

Just because it took multiple games, both games are out now so the quality of past titles is irrelevant.

What are you tlaking about?? how is the quality of the past titles irrelevent? the quality of the past titles is very relevent becuase im talkin about halo as whole not just halo 3.  Halo 1 suked and then halo 2 wasnt that much better and then HAlo 3 was ok.  What im trying to say is that if Gears of War 1 and Halo 3 can be campared at the same level then Gears must be pretty darn good.  And if Gears of War one was ok to most people who play Halo 3 than Gears of War 2 is gonna totally own halo in general.  Its pretty much a guaruntee that gears 2 is goin to be better than gears 1... i mean thers no where to go but up...

HTA!

Quote from: Zelda_Masta on April 05, 2008, 10:12:02 PM
Quote from: Hector_the_Axe on April 05, 2008, 07:05:17 PM

What are you tlaking about?? how is the quality of the past titles irrelevent? the quality of the past titles is very relevent becuase im talkin about halo as whole not just halo 3.  Halo 1 suked and then halo 2 wasnt that much better and then HAlo 3 was ok.  What im trying to say is that if Gears of War 1 and Halo 3 can be campared at the same level then Gears must be pretty dang good.  And if Gears of War one was ok to most people who play Halo 3 than Gears of War 2 is gonna totally own halo in general.  Its pretty much a guaruntee that gears 2 is goin to be better than gears 1... i mean thers no where to go but up...

Hmm...
Wow.... is all I can say.

We compare Gears and Halo 3 at the same time because they are on the same system.
Since they both use the most recent technology, and are on the best system, if Gears was made back when Halo 1 was made you can honestly say it would be the exact same as it is now?

No, you can't.
Therefor, Halo 1-2 are irrelevant.
Now, as for Gears 2, that was a dumb statement.
A sequel can be worse than its predecessor, for example take Sonic games.

The originals that were 2D were great. According to your logic, the new ones should be better. Were they? No.
Therefor, you can't say anything about Gears 2 or how it will "own" Halo just because in your opinion Gears 2 will be better.

Try again.

thunderhero4

Gears of War kills Halo 3 ANY DAY OF THE YEAR! Its in the top 10 greatest games of all time! Halo 3 was sooo boring if you played the other 2...

And admit it, you love the whole super-satisfying feeling of the chainsaw landing on your opponent with blood splattering all over the screen! WHO CANT?!

HTA!

Quote from: thunderhero4 on April 07, 2008, 05:48:10 PM
Gears of War kills Halo 3 ANY DAY OF THE YEAR! Its in the top 10 greatest games of all time! Halo 3 was sooo boring if you played the other 2...

And admit it, you love the whole super-satisfying feeling of the chainsaw landing on your opponent with blood splattering all over the screen! WHO CANT?!
Me  :P

THEEVILSPERKY

Quote from: Hector_the_Axe on April 07, 2008, 06:24:19 PM
Quote from: thunderhero4 on April 07, 2008, 05:48:10 PM

Me  :P
Same here, but it's obvious from my other posts. >_>

What's this top 10 list ya speak of?

Yay for battling opinions, hehe.