News:

<+Clu> have you tried barbecuing the computer

Main Menu

Gears of War vs Halo

Started by Zelda_Masta, April 03, 2008, 10:01:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whatwewishfor

GoW for me.

Halo got really boring,really fast.  I just go on it to play forge and custom gamnes with my friends.

Lol@my sig.  I gotta change it o_O
whatever

Zelda_Masta

Quote from: Hector_the_Axe on April 06, 2008, 02:53:38 PM
Quote from: Zelda_Masta on April 05, 2008, 10:12:02 PM
Quote from: Hector_the_Axe on April 05, 2008, 07:05:17 PM
Quote from: Zelda_Masta on April 04, 2008, 11:31:08 PM
Quote from: Hector_the_Axe on April 04, 2008, 09:06:44 PM
Quote from: Zelda_Masta on April 04, 2008, 08:47:57 PM
i'm glad to hear some of ur opinions but i honestly dont see anything in Halo.  Ok it has like tons of online modes and weapons and vehicles, but i dont think it can compare with Gears's carnage and in your face action and just straight up battle.  The purpose of the vehicles in halo is to get around the maps that are just TOO BIG. and care to elaborate on how gears is boring?? becuase i think halo is boring and i stated my reasons for thinking so.
1. I'm pretty sure some people don;t like the "ZOMG blud on teh creenz" gore and "action"
2. Banshee, Ghost, Elephant
3. He doesn't have too, but I say Gears isn't nearly as fun and thats my opinion =p

the only reason u need those stupid vehicles are becuase the maps are so big.  Theres no need for vehcles in gears.  In gears u can actually hav a 1v1 without spending an hour looking for the person.  And Halo has had three generations to get it right, Gears got it right on the first try and Gears of War 2 is prolly gonna be even betta.  I know that once gow2 comes out people are gonna be sayin "Halo what?" just watch
No evidence plus blatant fanboyism does not a good post make.
Just because it took multiple games, both games are out now so the quality of past titles is irrelevant.

And since Gears 2 isn't out yet, and people still play Halo, Void.

What are you tlaking about?? how is the quality of the past titles irrelevent? the quality of the past titles is very relevent becuase im talkin about halo as whole not just halo 3.  Halo 1 suked and then halo 2 wasnt that much better and then HAlo 3 was ok.  What im trying to say is that if Gears of War 1 and Halo 3 can be campared at the same level then Gears must be pretty dang good.  And if Gears of War one was ok to most people who play Halo 3 than Gears of War 2 is gonna totally own halo in general.  Its pretty much a guaruntee that gears 2 is goin to be better than gears 1... i mean thers no where to go but up...

Hmm...
Wow.... is all I can say.

We compare Gears and Halo 3 at the same time because they are on the same system.
Since they both use the most recent technology, and are on the best system, if Gears was made back when Halo 1 was made you can honestly say it would be the exact same as it is now?

No, you can't.
Therefor, Halo 1-2 are irrelevant.
Now, as for Gears 2, that was a dumb statement.
A sequel can be worse than its predecessor, for example take Sonic games.

The originals that were 2D were great. According to your logic, the new ones should be better. Were they? No.
Therefor, you can't say anything about Gears 2 or how it will "own" Halo just because in your opinion Gears 2 will be better.

Try again.
well the only difference that it would make if Gears were on the Xbox 1 is the graphics would be reduced but the idea would still be there so yes the oher Halos are relevent in this case.   Yes, a sequal can be worse than its predecessor but i honestly dont think that is going to happen.  Its just a prediction, as I said "just watch" if gears 2 sux then i will eat my words and admitt it, but again that probably won't happen.

QuoteSTOP MAKING SHINY ELECTRONICS!!!  People always think things look better shinier...until they touch them and leave an ugly finger print on its sexy little case

HTA!

Quote from: Zelda_Masta on April 09, 2008, 05:30:08 PM
i'm glad to hear some of ur opinions but i honestly dont see anything in Halo.  Ok it has like tons of online modes and weapons and vehicles, but i dont think it can compare with Gears's carnage and in your face action and just straight up battle.  The purpose of the vehicles in halo is to get around the maps that are just TOO BIG. and care to elaborate on how gears is boring?? becuase i think halo is boring and i stated my reasons for thinking so.
1. I'm pretty sure some people don;t like the "ZOMG blud on teh creenz" gore and "action"
3. He doesn't have too, but I say Gears isn't nearly as fun and thats my opinion =p

the only reason u need those stupid vehicles are becuase the maps are so big.  Theres no need for vehcles in gears.  In gears u can actually hav a 1v1 without spending an hour looking for the person.  And Halo has had three generations to get it right, Gears got it right on the first try and Gears of War 2 is prolly gonna be even betta.  I know that once gow2 comes out people are gonna be sayin "Halo what?" just watch
Just because it took multiple games, both games are out now so the quality of past titles is irrelevant.

What are you tlaking about?? how is the quality of the past titles irrelevent? the quality of the past titles is very relevent becuase im talkin about halo as whole not just halo 3.  Halo 1 suked and then halo 2 wasnt that much better and then HAlo 3 was ok.  What im trying to say is that if Gears of War 1 and Halo 3 can be campared at the same level then Gears must be pretty dang good.  And if Gears of War one was ok to most people who play Halo 3 than Gears of War 2 is gonna totally own halo in general.  Its pretty much a guaruntee that gears 2 is goin to be better than gears 1... i mean thers no where to go but up...

Hmm...

We compare Gears and Halo 3 at the same time because they are on the same system.
Since they both use the most recent technology, and are on the best system, if Gears was made back when Halo 1 was made you can honestly say it would be the exact same as it is now?

No, you can't.

The originals that were 2D were great. According to your logic, the new ones should be better. Were they? No.
Therefor, you can't say anything about Gears 2 or how it will "own" Halo just because in your opinion Gears 2 will be better.

Try again.
well the only difference that it would make if Gears were on the Xbox 1 is the graphics would be reduced but the idea would still be there so yes the oher Halos are relevent in this case.   Yes, a sequal can be worse than its predecessor but i honestly dont think that is going to happen.  Its just a prediction, as I said "just watch" if gears 2 sux then i will eat my words and admitt it, but again that probably won't happen.

Games used the exact same game engines etc. as they do now?
Interesting.

Zelda_Masta

Quote from: Hector_the_Axe on April 09, 2008, 07:06:50 PM

Hmm...

No, you can't.

Try again.
well the only difference that it would make if Gears were on the Xbox 1 is the graphics would be reduced but the idea would still be there so yes the oher Halos are relevent in this case.   Yes, a sequal can be worse than its predecessor but i honestly dont think that is going to happen.  Its just a prediction, as I said "just watch" if gears 2 sux then i will eat my words and admitt it, but again that probably won't happen.

Interesting.

Well it would have used the same duck and cover mechanics and you CAN have a third person shooter on the Xbox and blood and gore also are not new to the xbox :-/.

QuoteSTOP MAKING SHINY ELECTRONICS!!!  People always think things look better shinier...until they touch them and leave an ugly finger print on its sexy little case

HTA!

Quote from: Zelda_Masta on April 10, 2008, 11:16:07 AM
Quote from: Hector_the_Axe on April 09, 2008, 07:06:50 PM

Hmm...

No, you can't.

Try again.

Interesting.

Well it would have used the same duck and cover mechanics and you CAN have a third person shooter on the Xbox and blood and gore also are not new to the xbox :-/.
So...
Basically if everything about Gears was stepped down a peg or two, it would still be such "ZoMg Awesome?"

The fact is, Halo was made and then it was made better.
Therefore, the past versions aren't really relative at all since comparing Gears to an older version is the same as comparing a Wii and a NES.
They were made at different times with different technology.

Experience or how many time it took to get it right is irrelevant anyway, and saying they got it right the first time is again an opinion that really can't be used as evidence.
Although, this whole argument is stupid seeing as they are all opinions.

Halo > Gears IMO
End Thread.

Zelda_Masta

Gears > Halo

I think thats what you meant ^_^ lol

BOSSNIG

Quote from: Zelda_Masta on April 19, 2008, 08:38:39 PM
Gears > Halo

Because changing others words to end fights is so funny and cool.
IF U WERE KILLED TOMORROW, I WOULDNT GO 2 UR FUNERAL CUZ ID B N JAIL 4 KILLIN DA MOTHA FUKER THAT KILLED U!
..._.....____________________, ,
....../ `---___________----_____] = = = = = D
...../_==o;;;;;;;;_______.:/
.....), ---.(_(__) /
....// (..) ), ----"
...//___//
..//___//
.//___//

WE TRUE HOMIES
WE RIDE TOGETHER
WE DIE TOGETHER

Magnum

Quote from: Darklink on May 04, 2008, 05:24:49 AM
Quote from: Zelda_Masta on April 19, 2008, 08:38:39 PM
Gears > Halo

Because changing others words to end fights is so amazing and coolest thing ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
::)

If your that worried about it Zelda, just wait for GoW2. Full potential of Unreal Engine 3

Oh Vesperia, never change... never change

The Seventh

Halo is better IMO.  There's more variety, more strategy, and stuff like that.  You can customize a game sooooooo much, and the fact you can edit maps (Like the insane falling fusion coil map I made on Last Resort...), and there is blood in Halo, it just isn't so "IN YO FACES!".

The vehicles aren't just for getting around.  They add to the layer of strategy.  Also, if you find Halo's maps too hard to get around, might I suggest adjusting the player movement speed and jump height?

And, if you think campaign is boring, search for strategies on how to get the skulls, and then activate them.  It adds variety.

Try putting on several skulls and you just might end up with explosions (large at times) that end up with crazy (and sometimes hilarious) results.

Does Gears have that amount of variety?  I think not.  Tis why I prefer Halo over Gears anyday of the week.
meh

Llama on Steroids

Gears of War. For some reason it kept me entertained MUCH longer than Halo 3 did.

thunderhero4

I played some Halo for achievements alot lately, and I must admit that I enjoyed a little bit more, but then I went back on gears and I could'nt put it down... I suppose to have alot of fun in Gears, you have to be at least proficient at the game... because online is hard, and you have to be able to hold your own.

Unknown0

I truly believe that Gears of War is the only 360 game that actually takes skill online.  That's right, COD4 fanboys.

Halo I play a lot more though, I've always been a fan of the series.  Gears' campaign was hella fun, though, and vsing my brother and his friends is competitive, which I enjoy.

Halo 3 did not impress me much, but the online is addicting.