News:

Our thoughts go to Silver and his family in this difficult time.

Main Menu

Longest song you have?

Started by Jono2, April 27, 2008, 09:16:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

major tom

Quote from: Zovistograt on April 29, 2008, 05:35:25 AM
yeah, it's a mix, but a mix that is so well mixed together that it sounds like one continuous song.

Also, some people are still posting mixes...the Vegoose show is a mix, Matt.
That'd essentially be like a medley. A lot of bands do that live, my Led Zeppelin live album has two 25 minute medlies.

No one here has heard Thick as a Brick, huh. You all should listen to it, though you might get bored after the first thirty minutes. I sure did.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=8-vXEJrU9i0

Zovistograt

Quote from: Co-Z on April 29, 2008, 06:03:20 AM
yeah, it's a mix, but a mix that is so well mixed together that it sounds like one continuous song.

That'd essentially be like a medley. A lot of bands do that live, my Led Zeppelin live album has two 25 minute medlies.

No one here has heard Thick as a Brick, huh. You all should listen to it, though you might get bored after the first thirty minutes. I sure did.
nononono

non-electronic songs mixed together well = medley
electronic songs mixed together well = mix
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

Kaz

Quote from: Co-Z on April 29, 2008, 06:03:20 AM

Mix =/= Medley

I know you don't listen to electronic music, but you'd do well to at least learn the terminology.
Quote<+Mithos> My mom grounded me for being gay.

major tom

Quote from: Kazooie-Banjo on April 29, 2008, 03:27:56 PM
Mix =/= Medley

I know you don't listen to electronic music, but you'd do well to at least learn the terminology.
Keywords: like a medley.

A mix is similar to a medley, but different.

Jono2

except that a medley is usually songs in their purest forms but scrunched together, put in order, all in one song.

a mix is two songs intertwined with each other.  their only real similarity is that they both have multiple songs.

Quote from: LinkXLR on January 30, 2008, 09:10:54 PM
Quote from: famy on January 30, 2008, 08:36:30 PM
is big willy unleashed a will smith game

...I'm not even gonna touch this one.

SteamID: Lazylen

Zovistograt

I'll add that a mix also tends to play with the songs a lot more than a medley in order to balance flow and what is commonly referred to as "cheese".
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

Java

Quote from: `Matt` on April 28, 2008, 11:42:38 PM
Vegoose(DaftPunk) at 1:25.
Do you mean 1 hour and 25 minutes?

Silly_Penguin

Gwen Khan