News:

<+Ice> i have a dildo factory line run by old women in my garage

Main Menu

The Biggerest Smash Tourney Ever

Started by Apollo, June 02, 2008, 07:18:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Apollo

Yeah you heard it
2 weeks till the biggest smash tourney that I've ever heard of.
We will have 5 tvs for different games.
1 for smash tourney and 1 for team tourney
there will be a $5 buy in and around 20-30 people playin "just" ssbb
we will have a third tv for quarter bets on ssbb or ssbm(this is where people bet quarters on 4 player matches)
other tvs will go to mario kart, halo, or guitar hero
Im soooo excited.

Tupin

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Cornwad

I hope you  win :)

I should host a Brawl tourney.
Get 15 people, each pays $10... winner gets $100....

I get $50 >:D

And possible the extra hundred too :P

Dawei

That is a pretty small tourney. In 2 weeks there is a tourney by me that already has over 120 (maybe it's 140) pre-registered. Hell, on saturday I went to a tourney with 25 people there, and about 8 tvs purely for smash.

Apollo

Quote from: Dawei on June 02, 2008, 07:43:39 PM
That is a pretty small tourney. In 2 weeks there is a tourney by me that already has over 120 (maybe it's 140) pre-registered. Hell, on saturday I went to a tourney with 25 people there, and about 8 tvs purely for smash.
yeah well this is just someone's house,  nothing special
just remember i said 20-30 "just" smash
we have other tourneys all night
there'll be a lot of people coming
ive already got a few hundred quarters saved up

Apollo

Dawei

Quote from: Apollo on June 02, 2008, 07:51:20 PM
We have something like that every saturday. Around 20 people come to a guys house for a smashfest.

Someguy13

There's very few tourneys around me. Why? Because I live in Sidney by the sea...a town for newlyweds and nearly deads...I supose I could take a ferry over to the mainland and enter a tourney but that costs extra cash (something I dont have)

Red

How come there are no tourneys in NJ? >:(

Super

I'm too lazy to check for tournaments in my area. Pretty sure there are some, though.

Dawei, someday we will versus in Brawl.

And it will be epic. Like beef jerky.

Apollo

Quote from: Dawei on June 02, 2008, 08:05:55 PM
Quote from: Apollo on June 02, 2008, 07:51:20 PM
We have something like that every saturday. Around 20 people come to a guys house for a smashfest.
yeah we have a group of 15 the usually show up every few weeks for a smash tourney, but this one i am really excited for.  We've got more people and we're actually playing for cash this time.  I also have a pretty good chance at winning.  We played last weekend and I dominated so...
Ill keep you guys updated.

Dawei

Quote from: SUPERKOOL on June 03, 2008, 04:38:17 AM
I'm too lazy to check for tournaments in my area. Pretty sure there are some, though.

Dawei, someday we will versus in Brawl.

And it will be epic. Like beef jerky.
Starting next month there is going to be bi-weekly's at the best player in AZ's house. From checking mapquest, unless you moved super mega far from your old house, you should be able to go there with little effort.
And in a week or two they are starting weekly's (though it could be bi-weekly as well) at UofA. You can train with them, and then we shall fight. :P

Eizweir

There needs to be tourneys in Austin, aat least more advertised ones that I can find easily >:(
There might be some at the local Gamestop, I'll have to ask my parents if I could go check it out sometime...
http://steamcommunity.com/id/xluxaeternax

formerly: Marth Xero, Xero, Roy Khan, Diego Armando, Lux Aeterna, and more I forget it was like 11 years ago jeeze

Apollo

Quote from: Marth Xero on June 03, 2008, 06:47:15 PM
There needs to be tourneys in Austin, aat least more advertised ones that I can find easily >:(
There might be some at the local Gamestop, I'll have to ask my parents if I could go check it out sometime...
you could just go online at gamestop.com and look for tournaments in the local area

Dawei

Austin has more or less no tourney scene at all. Biweeklys are going to be starting up there soon though.