News:

<Clu> no nsfcd is basically a ghost town, it should be killed behind fences

Main Menu

Ocarina of Time world record.

Started by Allegretto, June 15, 2008, 01:52:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allegretto

The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time speedrun world record is 5 hours. Im going to try and break the record to show everyone who doubts that I am the best Ocarina of Time player.

My record now is 6 hours giving me 2nd best in the world of those who have tried.

Who here thinks its possible to do it?

And has anyone here ever tried to break a Zelda record?

SkyMyl

I did a Minimalist Speed Run in The Minish Cap, but I sorta cheated...so it's invalid.

But all my attempts at a Record have failed. Good luck with yours.

I really wouldn't go to great lengths to break a World Record...even though I'm a massive fan of Zelda.

ThePowerOfOne

I'd rather play the game at my own pase so I can actually enjoy it. Fuck breaking some stupid record.

Triforceman22

Iv'e beaten OoT in about eight hours before...

How the hell do you do it in six?!

Do you count the cutscenes too?

QuoteRobotnik: GET A LOAD OF THIS!!!!!!!!

Spud

I don't intentionally try to do speedruns but when I replay games over and over, my playtime is always a lot shorter. So eventually if I played OoT or MM or w/e, I could possibly get a good time.

Allegretto

Quote from: Triforceman22 on June 16, 2008, 03:50:50 AM
Iv'e beaten OoT in about eight hours before...

How the hell do you do it in six?!

Do you count the cutscenes too?
Lol yes the cutscenes start TG rules is it starts when you enter your name and ends when the final blow is dealt to ganon

its extremlly easy to do it under 6 if you are magnificent at the game, my run now is 5 hours and 26 minutes. im 26 minutes short of the record. And every day im discovering new ways to do it, shorter paths to take etc etc.

Magnum is going to tape it Ill post a link to my run on Nsider.

And phase to anwser your question, I love this game and have done it over 200 times, and I would love to break a world record run of my favorite and most played game.

PsychoYoshi

Speed runs in Zelda are an anathema of the game's true purpose, especially being that speedrunners typically use glitches and item-skipping to shave time off their runs.

If people want to do it they're more than free to do so, but I really, really don't want to hear about it.

Allegretto

Quote from: PsychoYoshi on June 18, 2008, 12:07:47 PM
Speed runs in Zelda are an anathema of the game's true purpose, especially being that speedrunners typically use glitches and item-skipping to shave time off their runs.

I skipped a few items like Hyrule sheild >.<

Magnum

Yup, I have to sit and watch him play a game for 5 hour

Oh Vesperia, never change... never change

Allegretto

Quote from: MagnumSonic on June 18, 2008, 09:15:13 PM
Yup, I have to sit and watch him play a game for 5 hour
Yea and I get to watch you do a speed run of Star Fox OH how it will be fun  :-\

Magnum

Yeah. 20 minutes for me, 5 hours for you. And I'm not going for the record. I got lucky that time and did it less than the record, but it was luck.

Oh Vesperia, never change... never change

extraz

well...it should be a snap if AR is counted, the jump and run ability lets you cross hyrule field in like 3 seconds...

(and the marathon man still won.)

Allegretto

Quote from: extraz on July 26, 2008, 08:10:49 PM
well...it should be a snap if AR is counted, the jump and run ability lets you cross hyrule field in like 3 seconds...

(and the marathon man still won.)
Lol You can never beat that guy..

Cant use cheats or glitches otherwise it wont work.

And you bumped an old thread  :|