News:

<+Clu> Silverhawk79 is just wrong for me

Main Menu

Animals to Pokemon

Started by Macawmoses, September 06, 2008, 12:42:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neerb

T-Rex.  Seriously, why hasn't this already been made.  Also, more non-legendary big cats, like tigers, jaguars, and cheetahs.

Java

Quote from: JrDude on September 07, 2008, 12:54:21 AM
Has a porqupine(SP?) been used? I'd like to see one if there hasn't been one.
Cyndaquil kinda reminds me of a porcupine, but there isn't really much there.

DBY106698

How about something that's ACTUALLY different. Reading these over, you guys seem pretty easy to satisfy and just asking for more of the same thing.

Seriously look back at these you've guys have mentioned.
-Earthworm: What exactly gonna be the difference between an earthworm and a worm/Caterpillar? There is caterpie and weedle. I believe there are some others too. Been there, done that.

-Rabbits/Bunnies: Sure lopunny and buneary aren't uber fantastic, but you got your rabbits, try something new.

-Elephants: You got Phanpy and Donphan. It's not exactly their fault no one seems to really care about those two. And they've been seen in episodes AND in the movies. So popularity, not their problem.

-Hornet: As far as I'm concerned, Hornets, Wasps, and Bees all the same basic things. Beedril, Combee, and Vespiqueen are enough to satisfy that area.

-Tarantula: Well a tarantula is just a big spider. And we have Spinerak and its evolution. Maybe throw in a 3rd evolution at best and call it done. If I'm not mistaken, I don't think they actually have 8 legs, but the basic posture is there.

-Dinosaurs: Well the main differences between lizards and dinosaurs is time period and size. We've got a few lizards already and a couple of dinos. I could maybe see something based on a T-rex.... maybe. But even still, there are better things that could be thought of and more creative.

Now there are a few ideas out there that are actually worth noting and know to think the not-so-obvious as to what hasn't already been done.

-A mosquito is different and could probably be done rather well. Have attacks such as absorb or leech or some sort of HP sapping attacks would fit with it very well.

-Platypus, nature's "WTF". That's differnet and often overlooked cause... well it's a platypus. What the heck is a platypus, anyways?! It's stuff like that which would make a decent new Pokemon. That's looking outside the obvious.

-Flamingos.... who'd honestly think of a flamingo? We see those annoying things standing out in front of lawns yet never go "That would be a good Pokemon". I dunno if this would exactly top the charts in the world of Pokemon, but I would bet it would get it's fans if done right and could turn out to be a rather decent addition.

-Big Foot: Now we're starting to look at things differently. Big foot is going into Mythological Creatures. While there are some already, Dragons and Lochness (Lapris), Mythological things aren't the 1st thing to pop into your mind when you think "Animals". Take a look at Lucario. Many think his design came from a Mythological God, Egyptian I believe. I think it was war or chaos or something of that nature. Mythology can bring about a vast amount of completely new Pokemon with nearly limitless potential.

Think outside the box, guys. Look at Mythology, Urban Legends, and animals that are TRULY overlooked. Otherwise you'll be happy if they just slap another evolution on something and call it new.

Macawmoses

Sgt.Chilly

Quote from: DBY106698 on September 09, 2008, 12:24:32 PM

-Flamingos.... who'd honestly think of a flamingo? We see those annoying things standing out in front of lawns yet never go "That would be a good Pokemon". I dunno if this would exactly top the charts in the world of Pokemon, but I would bet it would get it's fans if done right and could turn out to be a rather decent addition.

I know right.  I bet it could have a totally bad-ass move pool.

It's stats should let it specialize in High HP and Phy.Atk.

That way it could use moves like Roost and Brave Bird effectively.

HTA!

How about something that's ACTUALLY different. Reading these over, you guys seem pretty easy to satisfy and just asking for more of the same thing.

-Earthworm: What exactly gonna be the difference between an earthworm and a worm/Caterpillar? There is caterpie and weedle. I believe there are some others too. Been there, done that.

-Rabbits/Bunnies: Sure lopunny and buneary aren't uber fantastic, but you got your rabbits, try something new.

-Elephants: You got Phanpy and Donphan. It's not exactly their fault no one seems to really care about those two. And they've been seen in episodes AND in the movies. So popularity, not their problem.

-Hornet: As far as I'm concerned, Hornets, Wasps, and Bees all the same basic things. Beedril, Combee, and Vespiqueen are enough to satisfy that area.

-Tarantula: Well a tarantula is just a big spider. And we have Spinerak and its evolution. Maybe throw in a 3rd evolution at best and call it done. If I'm not mistaken, I don't think they actually have 8 legs, but the basic posture is there.

-Dinosaurs: Well the main differences between lizards and dinosaurs is time period and size. We've got a few lizards already and a couple of dinos. I could maybe see something based on a T-rex.... maybe. But even still, there are better things that could be thought of and more creative.

Now there are a few ideas out there that are actually worth noting and know to think the not-so-obvious as to what hasn't already been done.

-A mosquito is different and could probably be done rather well. Have attacks such as absorb or leech or some sort of HP sapping attacks would fit with it very well.

-Platypus, nature's "WTF". That's differnet and often overlooked cause... well it's a platypus. What the heck is a platypus, anyways?! It's stuff like that which would make a decent new Pokemon. That's looking outside the obvious.

-Big Foot: Now we're starting to look at things differently. Big foot is going into Mythological Creatures. While there are some already, Dragons and Lochness (Lapris), Mythological things aren't the 1st thing to pop into your mind when you think "Animals". Take a look at Lucario. Many think his design came from a Mythological God, Egyptian I believe. I think it was war or chaos or something of that nature. Mythology can bring about a vast amount of completely new Pokemon with nearly limitless potential.

Think outside the box, guys. Look at Mythology, Urban Legends, and animals that are TRULY overlooked. Otherwise you'll be happy if they just slap another evolution on something and call it new.

Big Foot?
Original?

#460 Abomasnow

Abominable Snowman = Yeti = Big Foot  :|

Silverhawk79

A hawk.
Fearow and whatever doesn't count.
Then again, I don't know the new Pokemon, so...
Oh, and a grasshopper.

DBY106698

Quote from: HTA on September 10, 2008, 11:42:39 AM
Big Foot?
Original?

#460 Abomasnow

Abominable Snowman = Yeti = Big Foot  :|

2 things.

1. Do you honestly need to quote the ENTIRE thing when referring to just one little tiny part at the end? I mean, seriously. Look at how considerate TimeMage was by TRIMMING it down to only the section they were responding to.

2a. If you look, no where did I specifically say "Big Foot is an original idea that hasn't been used" or anything of the sort. What I DID do was use Big Foot as a link to thinking outside the real world and into mythology. Looking at urban legends and myths can very well be the key to unlocking the full potential of future Pokemon. Try reading a little more closely next time.

2b. If you thought I was making the SUGGESTION of Big Foot, then again you need to be paying more attention as everything I listed as both good and bad were all ideas others had stated earlier in the topic. End result is the same, read a little more closely next time.

Red

What I meant was an actually earthworm. As in it has ground type moves. It's movepool could be as follows: Dig, wrap, leech seed and poison jab.

Anyway, I have more ideas. I don't think there is/was an ant pokemon. Correct me if I'm wrong.
I think a vulture would be cool. Also, correct me if there already was one.
A woodpecker would be awesome.
A badger pokemon. Don't know if there is one, so let's just say correct me if I'm wrong for all of them.

Java

Quote from: Red on September 10, 2008, 06:48:52 PM
A badger pokemon. Don't know if there is one, so let's just say correct me if I'm wrong for all of them.
I'm pretty sure there was a badger Pokemon.

I can't remember the name, but I think it was 2nd gen.
EDIT: I was thinking of Linoone. Do you consider it a badger?
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Linoone_(Pok%C3%A9mon)

Quote from: Silverhawk79 on September 10, 2008, 01:39:21 PM
Oh, and a grasshopper.
A praying mantis would be awesome.  :robotsurprised:

Sgt.Chilly

Quote from: Java_Java on September 10, 2008, 08:50:27 PM

Oh, and a grasshopper.

Scyther is the mantis pokemon.

Shujinco2

A centipede maybe. Something huge, like Onyx, except not as big.

Or maybe a camel? But that sounds kinda lame... :|

DBY106698

Centipede.... well..... It's different enough, I suppose....

As mentioned, Scyther has the mantis covered.

Camel is done... twice. It's Numel and Camerupt.

Red

Quote from: Red on September 10, 2008, 06:48:52 PM
I'm pretty sure there was a badger Pokemon.

I can't remember the name, but I think it was 2nd gen.
EDIT: I was thinking of Linoone. Do you consider it a badger?
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Linoone_(Pok%C3%A9mon)

Oh, and a grasshopper.
Oh yeah, forgot about Linoone.

Java

Quote from: TimeMage on September 11, 2008, 09:32:13 AM

Oh, and a grasshopper.

Scyther is the mantis pokemon.
Ah, but I wished they had a Pokemon that looked more like a Praying Mantis.