News:

<+Clu> Silverhawk79 is just wrong for me

Main Menu

Ocarina of Time mastery.

Started by Allegretto, September 10, 2008, 09:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allegretto

Well, if anyone cares or was paying attention to what I said a few months ago

It was to fully prove that I know everything and am the best at the game Ocarina of Time I was going to set out to beat the world record for the fastest speed run.

The record "Was" Held by some guy *I forget his name post later* For 5 hours and 42 seconds I believe, well Magnumsonic just taped me and I was able to clean 8 minutes off, clearing the game within 4 hours and 53 minutes.

I sent in the video, so it should be maybe a month or 2 for it to actually be up on the website, and for me to get my awesome certificate.

I think its a cool accomplishment

Comments?

Shujinco2

Nice!

You have deserved this delicious, half-eaten pumpkin pie of awesome tasty pumpkiness. Recieve your gift, you deserve it! :)

So wait, is this a complete runthrough, with all items, side quests and pieces of hearts? Or is this a "Unimportant, so lets skip it" kind of runthrough?

Allegretto

Quote from: Shujinco on September 11, 2008, 12:07:45 PM
Nice!

You have deserved this delicious, half-eaten pumpkin pie of awesome tasty pumpkiness. Recieve your gift, you deserve it! :)

So wait, is this a complete runthrough, with all items, side quests and pieces of hearts? Or is this a "Unimportant, so lets skip it" kind of runthrough?
The 100% runthrough is what I am doing next

At the moment this is a *Beat all temples and kill ganon*

Run through

Still a good goal and accomplishment eh?

I mean how many people can say they have a world record for there favorite game!

Nayrman

sounds cool, but until the tape is on the web, yea X_X;;
I've come close to a few times in SA2, but I never really cared enough to really try to beat one XD

Allegretto

Quote from: Nayrman on September 11, 2008, 04:09:34 PM
sounds cool, but until the tape is on the web, yea X_X;;
I've come close to a few times in SA2, but I never really cared enough to really try to beat one XD
I dont expect anyone on Nsider to believe me

I really could care less

I know I did it and thats all that matters.

Shujinco2

Quote from: Allegretto on September 11, 2008, 04:01:11 PM
Nice!

Run through

I mean how many people can say they have a world record for there favorite game!
I can't. ALTTP is easy for me, but my record is just over 4 hours, and I think the record is 1 1/2 or 2 hours.

Right now, I'm trying to collect every item and possibly every piece of heart via explorer glitch. And I can't figure out how to get the 3 most important items for the task! Not only that, I screwed it up so much, it erased all my data. :-\ So, yeah, it's incredibly hard.

But enough about me! :D *Steals pie from Allegretto*

Allegretto

Quote from: Shujinco on September 12, 2008, 11:32:46 AM
Nice!

Run through

I can't. ALTTP is easy for me, but my record is just over 4 hours, and I think the record is 1 1/2 or 2 hours.

Right now, I'm trying to collect every item and possibly every piece of heart via explorer glitch. And I can't figure out how to get the 3 most important items for the task! Not only that, I screwed it up so much, it erased all my data. :-\ So, yeah, it's incredibly hard.

Plays Zelda theme on piano in Triumph

Then slams my face into the pie

Mmmmm....Pie...

Shujinco2

Quote from: Allegretto on September 12, 2008, 04:37:11 PM
Quote from: Shujinco on September 12, 2008, 11:32:46 AM
Nice!

Run through

Plays Zelda theme on piano in Triumph

Then slams my face into the pie

Mmmmm....Pie...
Man, I can't believe that ONE STUPID LITTLE BUG is keeping me from completing my glitch item run through. >:(

But it the meantime...

*takes slice of squished pie*

Doodle

Wow, awesome! Good job!
Put it on Youtube! Well, there would be a lot of parts to it though...
YEAH

Allegretto

Quote from: DOODLEboy99 on September 17, 2008, 04:33:34 PM
Wow, awesome! Good job!
Not youtube, but a ceartain movie sight where I can post the entire video.

Shujinco2

Quote from: Allegretto on September 18, 2008, 05:10:51 PM
Wow, awesome! Good job!
Ooo, tell me, I wanna see thee whole thing! :)

ThePowerOfOne

Quote from: Shujinco on September 19, 2008, 11:05:22 AM
Quote from: Allegretto on September 18, 2008, 05:10:51 PM
Wow, awesome! Good job!
Ooo, tell me, I wanna see thee whole thing! :)
I don't, i'll take his word for it >_>

Level_9_Chao

Are you putting it on Speed Demos Archive (or whatever it's called)? Either way, congrats.

I managed to get myself forever stuck in the water temple, while using the guide, so that about sums up my mastery of the game. :|
Become a Failbook fan: Victory Road :3

The Game Boy Pocket.
Put it in your back pocket.
Sit down and it breaks.

ThePowerOfOne

Quote from: Level_9_Chao on September 19, 2008, 01:24:35 PM
Are you putting it on Speed Demos Archive (or whatever it's called)? Either way, congrats.

I managed to get myself forever stuck in the water temple, while using the guide, so that about sums up my mastery of the game. :|
The Water Temple isn't even that hard. The changing water levels and different tunnels can sometimes be difficult, but it gets easier the more you go through it and explore. I can finish it pretty quick now.

Allegretto

Quote from: Phaze on September 19, 2008, 04:17:55 PM
Quote from: Level_9_Chao on September 19, 2008, 01:24:35 PM

The Water Temple isn't even that hard. The changing water levels and different tunnels can sometimes be difficult, but it gets easier the more you go through it and explore. I can finish it pretty quick now.
I beat it in 21 minutes.