News:

<+Clu> Silverhawk79 is just wrong for me

Main Menu

New Means of Evolution

Started by Macawmoses, October 26, 2008, 03:37:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Macawmoses

Diamond and Pearl brought in new ways of Evolving your Pokemon, namely, trading with items, and training in front of certain objects, plus, a number of new items like the Shiny Ball or the Reaper Cloth.

However, do you think there is any way it can progress?

There has to be a new way, in my mind, for the Eeveelutions, like, if your Eevee loses its' HP right before a level up, it could become a ghost type.

I don't know, do you guys have some neat concepts?

JrDude

That HP thing sounds interesting, maybe while holding something, Eevee could level up, then while the battle is still happening Eevee dies then after battle you can use revive (not pokémon center) and then it evolves [Ghost Type]? Sounds interesting to me.

Hmm, maybe there can be an item somewhere, you go to like a special forest and grab an item for Eevee, then when you leave that area, the item dissappears, and is back where you picked it up, and if you grab the item, give it to Eevee, and try to fly somewhere, it does the Fly animation thing, but then you land in the same spot, then Eevee evolves (Fly Type [Not Normal/Fly, just FLY]).

You go somewhere and there is nothing there, but have Eevee in your party (alive) and a building is there. There is a man on a stage doing a magic show, but with no one in the audience. He asks for a voulenteer and you teleport right next to him, he then asks to borrow one of your pokémon for the trick he is about to do. He will say something very mean if you give him a pokémon that isn't Eevee, then it let's you try again, then when you give him the Eevee, he magically makes it evolve into a new evolution (Normal Type). Then when you leave the building stays and is always there, but is different, but that doesn't matter anymore.

I'm bored DON'T JUDGE ME!

I may say more later.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Macawmoses

Yeah, I think it is natural that HP becomes a factor. I like your reasoning for the Ghost Eevee.

I'm not keen on the Normal type one, though, because it is a person causing the Pokemon to evolve.

But yeah, good ideas.

HTA!

Diamond and Pearl didn't Introduce item trading evolution if I recall correctly.
In Gold, you had to trade a Seadra with a King's Rock to get a Kingdra.

I think...

Macawmoses

Quote from: HTA on October 27, 2008, 03:22:21 PM
Diamond and Pearl didn't Introduce item trading evolution if I recall correctly.

I think...
You need a Dragon Scale. But I meant it in other terms....bah. Magmarizer, for instance. There is another way...too....what is it...

JrDude

Quote from: mackormoses on October 27, 2008, 03:30:43 PM
Quote from: HTA on October 27, 2008, 03:22:21 PM

I think...
You need a Dragon Scale. But I meant it in other terms....bah. Magmarizer, for instance. There is another way...too....what is it...
Knowing a specific move then leveling up.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Nayrman

I was thinking something along the lines of maybe a double stone evolution (using two different stones to get two different types).
Maybe not pure evolution of turning into something else but maybe adding a second type to more singular type pokemon (within reason of course, no fire/water types XD)

bluaki

New for D/P:
Level up with a specific move is introduced for Lickitung, Yanma, Tangela, Aipom, Mr.Mime, Sudowoodo, and Piloswine.
Leveling up near a certain object on the map is introduced for Eevee
Leveling up in one of several specific maps is introduced for Nosepass, Magneton
Dawn stone introduced for Snorunt and Kirlia
Shiny stone introduced for Togetic and Roselia
Dusk stone introduced for Misdreavus and Murkrow
Trade+hold items added for Dusclops, Porygon Z, Magmar, Electabuzz, Rhydon
Hold item and specific time of day for Gliscor, Weavile, and Chansey
Another specific Pokemon sharing party added for Mantyke (Remoraid)
Friendship at only a specific time of day added for Roselia/Budew and Chimecho
Gender-based evolution added for Combee, Burmy, and Kirlia

I think that's all of it.

I think there are already more than enough evolution methods, but of course some can be added like:
Based on ribbons
Level up over a certain terrain type (i.e. while surfing, grass, mud, snow, etc)
Level up while in a certain whether condition
Based on EVs, maybe evolving after EVs are maxed
Upon examining a specific location, like how the Deoxys forms (or Rotom on platinum) currently change but with full evolution instead
Upon battling one specific species of wild pokemon
Sharing a party with an egg while the egg hatches
Upon first time disconnecting from Nintendo Wi-Fi with it in your party
From walking through a specific map with the pokemon in your party

Personally, I think the Eevee evolutions should all use stones, like Sun Stone, Moon Stone, and Leaf Stone. I don't see how Leafeon and Glaceon's evolutions can be implemented in later games taking place outside of Sinnoh. Unless either they pull a Firered/Leafgreen and make two eeveelutions completely unobtainalble outside trading or add some new way for those two forms to be obtained.

JrDude

"Friendship at only a specific time of day added for Roselia/Budew and Chimecho" -also Riolu
Like I've said before, besides the attack-based evolutions, they can't just make a stone evolve Eevee in a new game when they can't in a previous game, like if you can't evolve Eevee with a Leaf Stone in Red version, then you can't evolve Eevee evolve with a Leaf Stone in Diamond Version.
Simple as that.
And also, I like Eevee having many ways of evolving, it makes Eevee even more unique instead of the Pokémon that evolves with any stone, I find that boring. I don't want to breed 7 Eevees then give them each a stone, that's pretty much pointless.
[move][/move]
Dude .

HTA!

Mack, what about the one with that bug Pokemon that evolves into 2 if you have an open slot?

JrDude

Quote from: HTA on October 31, 2008, 01:46:55 PM
Mack, what about the one with that bug Pokemon that evolves into 2 if you have an open slot?
1. That wasn't announced in D/P, that was announced in the R/S/E.
2. It doesn't evolve into 2, it's just that another one appears out of no where.
[move][/move]
Dude .

HTA!

Quote from: JrDude on October 31, 2008, 03:19:13 PM
2. It doesn't evolve into 2, it's just that another one appears out of no where.
So, it evolves and you get 2 poke's...

That's what I said.  ????

JrDude

Quote from: HTA on November 06, 2008, 05:54:15 PM
Quote from: JrDude on October 31, 2008, 03:19:13 PM
So, it evolves and you get 2 poke's...

That's what I said.  ????
Your message is quoted, you said 1 pokémon evolves into 2. WHOA look at that! it's almost an exact quote from what I quoted.
Dur.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Level_9_Chao

I don't even like the current complexity of getting them all in D/P, but if I had to think up other stuff to do to make 'em evolve...

-Upon reaching a certain EXP value
-Combining evolution stones
-Fusing 2 Pokemon (or breeding a specific two)
-Your character being a boy/girl (or the Poke being your gender)
-Badge amount
-Times it's faced the Elite Four
-Play time (or time having held the Poke). Lol, evolve Mewtwo after 20 hours.
-Certain amount of a stat (like Hitmontop, but maybe less weird)

But yeah, those would kind of suck to have to do, though it'd make it more challenging.
Become a Failbook fan: Victory Road :3

The Game Boy Pocket.
Put it in your back pocket.
Sit down and it breaks.

JrDude

Quote from: Level_9_Chao on November 07, 2008, 10:20:24 AM
I don't even like the current complexity of getting them all in D/P, but if I had to think up other stuff to do to make 'em evolve...

-Upon reaching a certain EXP value
-Combining evolution stones
-Fusing 2 Pokemon (or breeding a specific two)
-Your character being a boy/girl (or the Poke being your gender)
-Badge amount
-Times it's faced the Elite Four
-Play time (or time having held the Poke). Lol, evolve Mewtwo after 20 hours.
-Certain amount of a stat (like Hitmontop, but maybe less weird)

But yeah, those would kind of suck to have to do, though it'd make it more challenging.
-Level Up already exists so no.
-No.
-Breeing 2 yes, fusing, no.
-No.
-No.
-No.
-Play time no. Holding the pokémon could work (kinda like eggs). And Mewtwo will never evolve and it wasn't funny when you said it.
-You can't get less/more weird with that, a specific amount of stat, that's all there is to it.

Also, we aren't looking for "challenges," we are looking for fun, and too much evolution methods sometimes suck the fun out (espacially your ideas).
[move][/move]
Dude .