News:

ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.

Main Menu

New Means of Evolution

Started by Macawmoses, October 26, 2008, 03:37:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Java

Quote from: Level_9_Chao on November 07, 2008, 10:20:24 AM
-Fusing 2 Pokemon (or breeding a specific two)
I like the idea of fusing two Pokemon.

You could have "two halves" of one Pokemon.
Each half would be a separate Pokemon and they would come together as a stronger Pokemon.
Kinda like if Weezing's two parts were separate Pokemon and they fused together.

Level_9_Chao

Quote from: JrDude on November 07, 2008, 06:36:33 PM
Quote from: Level_9_Chao on November 07, 2008, 10:20:24 AM
I don't even like the current complexity of getting them all in D/P, but if I had to think up other stuff to do to make 'em evolve...

-Upon reaching a certain EXP value
-Combining evolution stones
-Fusing 2 Pokemon (or breeding a specific two)
-Your character being a boy/girl (or the Poke being your gender)
-Badge amount
-Times it's faced the Elite Four
-Play time (or time having held the Poke). Lol, evolve Mewtwo after 20 hours.
-Certain amount of a stat (like Hitmontop, but maybe less weird)

But yeah, those would kind of suck to have to do, though it'd make it more challenging.
-Level Up already exists so no.
-No.
-Breeing 2 yes, fusing, no.
-No.
-No.
-No.
-Play time no. Holding the pokémon could work (kinda like eggs). And Mewtwo will never evolve and it wasn't funny when you said it.
-You can't get less/more weird with that, a specific amount of stat, that's all there is to it.

Also, we aren't looking for "challenges," we are looking for fun, and too much evolution methods sometimes suck the fun out (espacially your ideas).

I meant EXP values that didn't determine level. I'm sure you're aware that Pokemon change EXP amounts within one level while growing.

Stat value evos can definitely get less weird; get the defense or something up to 100 or more to evolve, etc. Hitmontop you had to have 2 stats be the same, after it leveled to the evolution level, which is more of a toss up.

I also didn't even realistically support any of these evo methods. I think Pokemon's gotten ridiculous enough as it is.
Become a Failbook fan: Victory Road :3

The Game Boy Pocket.
Put it in your back pocket.
Sit down and it breaks.

HTA!

Quote from: JrDude on November 06, 2008, 08:14:59 PM
Quote from: HTA on November 06, 2008, 05:54:15 PM
Quote from: JrDude on October 31, 2008, 03:19:13 PM
Quote from: HTA on October 31, 2008, 01:46:55 PM
Mack, what about the one with that bug Pokemon that evolves into 2 if you have an open slot?
1. That wasn't announced in D/P, that was announced in the R/S/E.
2. It doesn't evolve into 2, it's just that another one appears out of no where.
So, it evolves and you get 2 poke's...

That's what I said.  ????
Your message is quoted, you said 1 pokémon evolves into 2. WHOA look at that! it's almost an exact quote from what I quoted.
Dur.
Go play pokemon ranch for 5 hours and shut up.  >:(

JrDude

Quote from: HTA on November 13, 2008, 04:51:32 AM
Quote from: JrDude on November 06, 2008, 08:14:59 PM
Quote from: HTA on November 06, 2008, 05:54:15 PM
Quote from: JrDude on October 31, 2008, 03:19:13 PM
Quote from: HTA on October 31, 2008, 01:46:55 PM
Mack, what about the one with that bug Pokemon that evolves into 2 if you have an open slot?
1. That wasn't announced in D/P, that was announced in the R/S/E.
2. It doesn't evolve into 2, it's just that another one appears out of no where.
So, it evolves and you get 2 poke's...

That's what I said.  ????
Your message is quoted, you said 1 pokémon evolves into 2. WHOA look at that! it's almost an exact quote from what I quoted.
Dur.
Go play pokemon ranch for 5 hours and shut up.  >:(
Why? I never played it and I don't really plan to.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Triforce_Luigi

I can definitely see more Stat-based evolutions on the horizon. Maybe getting Eevee's defense stat to a certain level can get you Steel or something, while increasing attack makes it evolve into a fighting type. Another way to get a different evolution could be to have Eevee participate in a certain amount of battles, defeat a certain number of Pokemon, or be defeated a certain number of times. The last one in particular, I could imagine getting a ghost-type that learns Frustration upon evolution.