News:

<+Clu> was cute sure but it doesnt even mention homosexuality

Main Menu

M$oft tells you to get your own box

Started by Mario583, March 05, 2009, 07:53:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mario583

A consumer who wrote to The Consumerist webblog recently reported a troubling situation:

"My Xbox red-ringed for the second time this weekend. Which is almost a relief after hearing how bad my disc drive was sounding, but not so much after hearing the new policy. I was told that Xbox no longer ships out a box to you and you must find a box to ship it out in."

Ouch. So, if this is true, M-soft won't send you a form-fitting, reinforced cardboard coffin for your sick Xbox. What do they expect from heart-broken gamers? Of course the Xboxes are going to show up packed in newspaper and empty ramen noodle packs, there's been a death in the family! So more damage results. Then, if you hated Microsoft, you would suspect they would say: "Sorry, sir, this was damaged in transit. Not our fault."   But the whole thing turns out to not be true...

According to Microsoft (quoted by Kotaku):

Reports that Microsoft now requires consumers tofind their own packaging for sending product to Xbox 360 customer support are inaccurate. Our policy allows customers to choose whether they would like Microsoft to ship them a box and shipping label or print an electronic label and ship their console using their own packaging in an effort to speed up the repair process.

So much ado about nothing: Wait for a coffin or pack your own box, your choice.

Own packaging for sending product to Xbox 360 customer support are inaccurate = print an electronic label and ship their console using their own packaging?

The consumer finding his/her own box for sending it in is inaccurate?
It's still accurate regardless of the choice.'

http://consumerist.com/5163106/microsoft-tells-broken-xbox-owners-to-find-their-own-shipping-boxes