News:

Change is coming. HOPE CHANGE UNITY

Main Menu

Without a Trace (A DMDTS Sequel)

Started by THEBIRD, January 17, 2009, 11:00:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

THEBIRD

"Later tonight would be good," Solon replied. "When it gets dark enough it's hard to see you. There are other people I need to find, too. Now that I know it must be them..." Solon gave a wave to Mira before turning around and heading back towards the Information Desk, where they gave out IDs.

Max Headroom

Mira turned towards Venice. "I already memorized the address. Will you be needing this?" Mira asked, holding the piece of paper in his hand.
[move][/move]

Light

Harver followed Jas, noticing the surprising calmness of the whole area. Everything seemed... peaceful. It was a definite change of pace for him.
Holy crap all my sigs were always poop. Best leave this space alone.

Anarchy_Jas

Jas had slowed down so she was walking next to Harver. "This looks like it," she says, looking at one of the buildings ahead of them. After slowly stepping inside, she looks around, reading the signs so she can get to her current destination.
"I know they hope I fall, but tell 'em winning is my muthaeffin protocol."

Triforce_Luigi

Quote from: I_AM_A_PERSON on January 18, 2009, 12:42:12 AM
Mira turned towards Venice. "I already memorized the address. Will you be needing this?" Mira asked, holding the piece of paper in his hand.

"Yeah, I think so," said Venice rather absently. "Thanks."

With that, he walked aimlessly in a random direction, not really caring where he was going. He entered a building which appeared to be a museum of some sort and pretended to be at least somewhat interested in the history of Sans Port, since Ronald might show up at any moment.

jnfs2014

Jason slowly got up. "Oh crap," he said, realizing he had not gotten an I'd yet.

THEBIRD

Quote from: Triforce_Luigi on January 18, 2009, 09:35:44 AM

With that, he walked aimlessly in a random direction, not really caring where he was going. He entered a building which appeared to be a museum of some sort and pretended to be at least somewhat interested in the history of Sans Port, since Ronald might show up at any moment.
A lady dressed in a scarlet suit followed Venice around the museum. She would be his guide, and talk about each piece of artifact they came upon, or show him the way to a certain area, or leave him alone if he wished to view the pieces solo.

"Here we have a picture of Gerald Sans next to Ronald Port the 2nd, holding the peace agreement. They are standing on the top of Futura, behind the hot springs. You can see the bridge of Sans-Future in the background. It was only just made by then. The bridge was finished about a decade after Sans Port was founded. And our peace agreement with Futura has stayed true throughout these past 50 years," the lady stated. She wasn't quite as enthusiastic as Ronald, acting more like it was her job to drone on about this day in and day out, rather then actually care about the past.

"Little known fact," she added, "is that Futura has been trying, since Monte Island was founded about twenty years after Sans Port, to get a new peace bridge added between them. But, so far, Monte Island wishes to remain neutral, and not pick a side. I think Monte Island may actually be the place keeping our lands peaceful. If Futura could get everyone on their side, they might attack SooToo right away, and perhaps without mercy." The lady, Joan, stopped to sigh. "Between you and me, I hate Futura. They are a nasty, prideful, bunch who think they can get their way with force. If it weren't for Monte Island's connections with international trade, and being our continent's biggest source of economy, Futura would have started war with them already for not cooperating."

Solon stood outside of the giant, 50 story building he had been climbing earlier. It was the Town Hall. He looked inside to the information desk and could make out a red head and a brunette. They must be going to get their IDs now, Solon thought. I should try catching up to them after they're done... Just can't lose sight of them. He wondered whether or not to even involve them in what he knew. But, Mira had been able to get enough out of him to become part of it, along with Venice, so he thought it'd be only fair to at least tell his old friends of everything. After that, they could decide for themselves what they wanted to do.

Max Headroom

Mira walked over to the library after Venice walked off. He entered the library and went to the history section, hunting down books relevant to the history of Sans Port.
[move][/move]

Triforce_Luigi

Quote from: Birdie of Aces on January 18, 2009, 12:53:52 PM
Quote from: Triforce_Luigi on January 18, 2009, 09:35:44 AM

A lady dressed in a scarlet suit followed Venice around the museum. She would be his guide, and talk about each piece of artifact they came upon, or show him the way to a certain area, or leave him alone if he wished to view the pieces solo.

"Here we have a picture of Gerald Sans next to Ronald Port the 2nd, holding the peace agreement. They are standing on the top of Futura, behind the hot springs. You can see the bridge of Sans-Future in the background. It was only just made by then. The bridge was finished about a decade after Sans Port was founded. And our peace agreement with Futura has stayed true throughout these past 50 years," the lady stated. She wasn't quite as enthusiastic as Ronald, acting more like it was her job to drone on about this day in and day out, rather then actually care about the past.

"Little known fact," she added, "is that Futura has been trying, since Monte Island was founded about twenty years after Sans Port, to get a new peace bridge added between them. But, so far, Monte Island wishes to remain neutral, and not pick a side. I think Monte Island may actually be the place keeping our lands peaceful. If Futura could get everyone on their side, they might attack SooToo right away, and perhaps without mercy." The lady, Joan, stopped to sigh. "Between you and me, I hate Futura. They are a nasty, prideful, bunch who think they can get their way with force. If it weren't for Monte Island's connections with international trade, and being our continent's biggest source of economy, Futura would have started war with them already for not cooperating."
Venice raised an eyebrow. That was interesting, to say the least. He'd always thought this continent was at relative peace. Then again, the place did seem a bit too peaceful to be true. He continued on the tour.

THEBIRD

"Before Futura gained its futuristic ammunition," Joan continued, stopping in front of a case with four giant crystals inside, "it was powered by these four gems. The blue one representing water, the red one for fire, the yellow for electricity, and the green for the earth. This was back when the current people of Futura did not live there, back when SooToo was the only country, living on its own. These rocks were discovered by some travelers who came upon the ground that is now known as Futura. No one is quite sure where their roots were. But we know some people of SooToo were among them. Their plan, we think was to try and populate the other islands around, but it became something much different." Joan gazed at the beautiful rocks for a moment, then sighed.

"To think something so beautiful caused so much chaos... Oh well, they no longer hold any significant power. The facts about these rocks and what happened so long ago is still not fully known. It was over a century, and Futura refuses to give us help in researching this rocky past. And with all the different stories and ideas, we aren't really supposed to talk about it, since there aren't enough facts. These rocks are mostly for show, and for safe-keeping."

Triforce_Luigi

"I see," muttered Venice. The four gems here were strangely reminiscent of the gems from before. He thought these might have something to do with Solon's little adventure.

Great. If these gems actually do have any power, then more than likely, they'll be really important later...

Light

Harver had the feeling they were being watched, but disregarded it, thinking he was just being paranoid again. They were on vacation; nothing would go wrong with that. He sighed, and followed Jas to where they could potentially get their IDs.
Holy crap all my sigs were always poop. Best leave this space alone.

Max Headroom

Mira found a generic history book and read through it.
[move][/move]

Shujinco2

((Ok, sorry people, I'm late. Hopefully, you'll still accept me.))

* NAME: Shu
* APPEARANCE: Semi- Tall. Caucasion. Wearing black shirt, pants and shoes.
- BIO: Lived on Crescent Island and became a thief. However, being only one month into his training, he was TERRIBLE at it. And so, the other thieves (Who were giving him his training) decided to get rid of him by giving him a vacation, or as they said, "A true test of your skills", hoping he ends up in jail there to stay.
- ITEM: Compass.
- ITEM 2: Bobby pin.
- HOMELAND: Crescent Island, Slandar
* STARTING PLACE: Sans Port

Fixed. ;)

THEBIRD

Quote from: Triforce_Luigi on January 18, 2009, 02:11:44 PM
"I see," muttered Venice. The four gems here were strangely reminiscent of the gems from before. He thought these might have something to do with Solon's little adventure.

Great. If these gems actually do have any power, then more than likely, they'll be really important later...
Joan led him into a new room, with a new section of displays. "This room talks more about the history of Sans Port, at the very beginning of its founding. Gerald Sans and Ronald Port the 2nd were two very proud people. Gerald, from SooToo, and Ronald from Futura, they embarked on a quest together to inhabit a new country with people. This was back when the people from SooToo and Futura could actually stand each other..." Joan took a moment to gaze at the portrait of Gerald Sans, who resembled Colonel Mustard, and Ronald Port the 2nd, who was a handsome man with black curly hair and a small goatee. He looked astoundingly like Ronald from the ID place.

Quote from: LightningSword on January 18, 2009, 05:48:18 PM
Harver had the feeling they were being watched, but disregarded it, thinking he was just being paranoid again. They were on vacation; nothing would go wrong with that. He sighed, and followed Jas to where they could potentially get their IDs.
Ronald was waiting for his new customers on the 30th floor. When an attractive brunette with her boyfriend walked in, his face lit up. "Why hello there," he greeted. "I can only hope you are ready to get your IDs and become full-blooded Segasan citizens! I do presume you are very happy? Of course you are! Sans Port is a wonderful country! Who would ever want to leave it? And those who come here, realize the very same thing only moments after arriving at the harbor."

Quote from: I_AM_A_PERSON on January 18, 2009, 11:31:25 PM
Mira found a generic history book and read through it.
Mira had stumbled upon a book titled, The Founding of Segasan. Chapter One began explaining how SooToo and Futura had first been populated. "It all started with a neighboring continent, the oldest of all of Planet Vulcum, curiously began exploring the seas," the book read. "Elementia was an old continent, and were set on knowledge of the outside world. Water manipulators, followed with some men with the power of the earth, set out on their journey. Going east, they quickly discovered a new island. This island, which is now known as SooToo, was inhabited by all Elementian settlers. But, after many generations, the people soon began to lose their powers. Now, SooToo people don't have the power to manipulate water or ground, although the first settlers there could. And, it was a group of curious SooToo people that decided to leave their home and explore some other lands near their own. They were hoping to create a brand new continent, and leave Elementia. They wanted this for a few reasons. One, being they no longer had Elementian powers, and two, they were so far away from Elementia rule that they felt alone in the world. So, the search for Futura began..."

That's the end of Chapter One. Continue to Chapter Two, flip to a random new chapter, or put that book down?

Quote from: Shujinco on January 19, 2009, 09:21:04 AM
((Ok, sorry people, I'm late. Hopefully, you'll still accept me.))

* NAME: Shu
* APPEARANCE: Semi- Tall. Caucasion. Wearing black shirt, pants and shoes.
- BIO: Lived on Crescent Island and became a thief. However, being only one month into his training, he was TERRIBLE at it. And so, the other thieves (Who were giving him his training) decided to get rid of him by giving him a vacation, or as they said, "A true test of your skills", hoping he ends up in jail there to stay.
- ITEM: Compass.
- ITEM 2: Lock Picks. (Would they take that away? I'm not sure.)
- HOMELAND: Crescent Island, Slandar
* STARTING PLACE: Sans Port
(( Of course you're not late! I accept new participants no matter what part of the RP we're at. Sadly, we are short of presents. I can offer you a party hat for joining though. *Places a party hat on your head* Oh, and as for that lock pick... Instead, why don't you carry around a bobby pin? Or something else people would use daily, that could also open locks? Just fix that and you're in. ))