News:

<+Clu> was cute sure but it doesnt even mention homosexuality

Main Menu

Without a Trace (A DMDTS Sequel)

Started by THEBIRD, January 17, 2009, 11:00:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jnfs2014

((I wouldn't recommend 4 characters. Why? Not enough diversity. Say you have four characters, and they're all in the same place. Are you supposed to have a conversation between yourselves? That could take a while. Plus, they'd be able to make more group choices, since they have 4 and everyone else has 1 or 2. I personally think that the RP creator should only have that many, and, even then, only for story purposes.))

Eizweir

OoC// I don't see the point in having more than one character, myself.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/xluxaeternax

formerly: Marth Xero, Xero, Roy Khan, Diego Armando, Lux Aeterna, and more I forget it was like 11 years ago jeeze

WhiteReverse

Writing conversations between your own characters is extremely easy, especially when each of them has a completely different personality. Anyway, if they ever do part ways, I'll make sure it'll only have two effects on the characters. Example:

This is wrong, because it would have more than two effects.

This would have four effects, so that's wrong too.

Yay, two effects. This is correct.

This is right, too.

That was a bit over-the-top, but who cares. So I can has four characters, yesh?

Dr.Hobo2

((Trust me, it's never a good idea to have too many people to control...That's how most of my fan fics died out, I had too many characters to control. ;-; ...Plus, this is getting to be a REALLY long OOC discussion. Maybe we should talk about this...somewhere else?))

Anarchy_Jas

((Well, the whole point of the rule was to prevent confusion and people from endlessly making characters that have no point in the storyline what-so-ever. I would consider letting it slide because it seems like you have it under control, but once again, it's up to BoA, so you may not get an answer for another year or two.))
"I know they hope I fall, but tell 'em winning is my muthaeffin protocol."

Max Headroom

((All in favor of a DMDTS discussion thread? :V)).
[move][/move]

Light

Quote from: I_AM_A_PERSON on August 22, 2009, 03:52:40 PM
((All in favor of a DMDTS discussion thread? :V)).
((Yes. :U

Also, I say no to the four-character thing. Just because they were together for an entire RP in a different scenario doesn't mean they can do the same exact thing here. You should offer more diversity for your characters; maybe come up with one or two new ones, and use them instead?))
Holy crap all my sigs were always poop. Best leave this space alone.

Anarchy_Jas

((That and now that I think of it, this is not the type of RP where you wanna go with more than two chars really. *Raises hand in favor of discussion thread then goes to watch more Ouran Host Club*  Now one of you biznitches go make it.))
"I know they hope I fall, but tell 'em winning is my muthaeffin protocol."

THEBIRD

(( I have to agree with Light on this one. Honestly, three is pushing it for an RP like this. I'd suggest two. But if you begin playing and still feel like you can handle four characters, I may let you.

Also, you guys really want a discussion thread? I'm digging this idea, so I'll do it.))

Dr.Hobo2

Lanbar patiently waited for the other RPers to make their character do something so he wouldn't be so bored.

((Listen, I'll keep breaking this fourth wall until something starts happening again. >=(...or...maybe I'll just keep breaking it because it can be so entertaining at times. XD))

THEBIRD

(( I don't exactly remember where I left off, but here goes nothing. ))

"Land, ho!" called out Wolfe. Solon jumped awake. "Whazzat," he mumbled. He crawled out of bed slowly, as if he had just been lying there idly for months, shook himsel awake, and went up above deck to greet Wolfe. He could see a towering mass of land a few miles ahead.
--------------
The captain entered Solon's house, no scratches other than its broken door, and situated himself on the couch. "Good," he said, almost to himself. "Well, we will be staying here a few days, so make yourself at home - again." The captain chuckled and stretched out even more.

Dr.Hobo2

"Okay...and then when do I get my booze...Speaking of that, what am I doing to get booze again?" Lanbar said.

THEBIRD

Quote from: Dr.Hobo2 on August 22, 2009, 10:16:32 PM
"Okay...and then when do I get my booze...Speaking of that, what am I doing to get booze again?" Lanbar said.
"You will do as I say when I say it, no questions asked. And if my goal has been completed at the end, then you will get your booze," the captain replied seriously.

jnfs2014

"Land?....Already?" Jason muttered, getting out of his bed.

Dr.Hobo2

"...Sound reasonable enough." Lanbar said with a shrug. For him anything was reasonable enough if he got a good drink out of it.