News:

Our thoughts go to Silver and his family in this difficult time.

Main Menu

My new map idea. pl_Route101(tentative title)

Started by DDantas, January 19, 2009, 09:10:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DDantas

Copy and Pasted from NS2.

I'VE GOT MY NEXT MAP IDEA! A Payload map of the road to Viridian City from Pokemon Blue/Red/Yellow!

Spawns will start out in the house of ash/gary for the offense in Palet Town, and the spawn for the defense will be giovoni's gym in Viridian City. Payload will end at the pokemart or the house of the guy who teaches you how to catch pokemon.

Got the idea from this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgO-d05GbJ0

Zovistograt

Quote from: DDantas on January 19, 2009, 09:10:13 AM
Copy and Pasted from NS2.

I'VE GOT MY NEXT MAP IDEA! A Payload map of the road to Viridian City from Pokemon Blue/Red/Yellow!

Spawns will start out in the house of ash/gary for the offense in Palet Town, and the spawn for the defense will be giovoni's gym in Viridian City. Payload will end at the pokemart or the house of the guy who teaches you how to catch pokemon.

Got the idea from this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgO-d05GbJ0
Can I use the Master Ball on the Pyro?  I need a fire Pokémon

But really if it works out I'll actually go to the TF2 server for a change
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

Jono2

2Flood is a better idea :\

(2Flood is a so far, unexecuted idea (due to the difficulty of taking official maps and modifying them), that is 2fort, except that the whole map is flooded up to the battlements.  Air pockets may or may not exist, and the tunnels to the intel room may or may not have airlocks in them.)

Quote from: LinkXLR on January 30, 2008, 09:10:54 PM
Quote from: famy on January 30, 2008, 08:36:30 PM
is big willy unleashed a will smith game

...I'm not even gonna touch this one.

SteamID: Lazylen

Link3588

Quote from: Jono2 on January 19, 2009, 11:36:11 AM

(2Flood is a so far, unexecuted idea (due to the difficulty of taking official maps and modifying them), that is 2fort, except that the whole map is flooded up to the battlements.  Air pockets may or may not exist, and the tunnels to the intel room may or may not have airlocks in them.)
I could pull that off easy.  Back in TFC someone made a 2Fort blackout where you were almost blind, hard as hell to play, but it was fun.

Jono2

Quote from: Link3588 on January 19, 2009, 07:11:23 PM

I could pull that off easy.  Back in TFC someone made a 2Fort blackout where you were almost blind, hard as hell to play, but it was fun.

needs to be fixed though, otherwise only the scoot, heavy and medic will really be able to hit the intel (scoot = speed, heavy = lotsa health, medic = regen & speed)

also, if the mapmaker was awesome enough, there would be an underwater train that starts at the top and then brings you to the enemy side through the tunnel underneath

it would be kickass.

Quote from: LinkXLR on January 30, 2008, 09:10:54 PM
Quote from: famy on January 30, 2008, 08:36:30 PM
is big willy unleashed a will smith game

...I'm not even gonna touch this one.

SteamID: Lazylen

Link3588

Quote from: Jono2 on January 19, 2009, 07:24:42 PM
Quote from: Link3588 on January 19, 2009, 07:11:23 PM

needs to be fixed though, otherwise only the scoot, heavy and medic will really be able to hit the intel (scoot = speed, heavy = lotsa health, medic = regen & speed)

also, if the mapmaker was awesome enough, there would be an underwater train that starts at the top and then brings you to the enemy side through the tunnel underneath

it would be kickass.
I was thinking about a constant air pocket in the basement so you could always get air but you would be at a disadvantage with your head out of the water because you wouldn't be able to see in the water.

DDantas

Silverhawk79

I think it sounds like an awesome idea. Also, if I ever learn how, I'm making a map based on NSF.

Link3588

Quote from: Silverhawk79 on January 23, 2009, 05:05:37 PM
I think it sounds like an awesome idea. Also, if I ever learn how, I'm making a map based on NSF.
Your first map. This site can answer just about any question you have.

DDantas

Darklink was being a dick so I deleted his comment on it.

Ultimate Umbreon

DDantas

Quote from: Ultimate Umbreon on January 24, 2009, 02:42:38 PM
Are you going to put cubemaps in your map?
yes. but that link you gave me, did the guy put the env_cubemaps in hammer, then activate them ingame?

DDantas