News:

<+Clu> im 100% nigga

Main Menu

Rumor: Double USB Hard Drive to be

Started by Macawmoses, March 11, 2009, 10:03:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Macawmoses

About time we got rumors - not sure where this one came from.

Premise is simple...basically, make an external hard drive that requires a firmware update to occur. It's an interesting concept, and could be much more effective than other means. Nintendo is known for weird things, and remember, truth is stranger than fiction.

http://www.qj.net/Rumor-double-USB-hard-drive-coming-to-the-Wii-/pg/49/aid/129397

I myself would embrace it, providing it isn't an outrageous price.

Silverhawk79

I sure hope so.
SD cards are a nice temp. fix, but I would definitely like something a bit more substantial.

Nayrman

Tupin

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

WiiGuy

I would love a HDD....but by the name of it, it sounds like it'll need to plug in both USB ports?

if it's $50 or less I'll get it.

SkyMyl

About darn time. That's all I can say.

...wait. How would I plug in my LAN Adapter when the Hard Drive is attached?

Doodle

Oh, cool. I'll definitely get it. I'm starting to run out of space. It's about time.

Quote from: MasterYoungLink on March 12, 2009, 08:37:26 AM
...wait. How would I plug in my LAN Adapter when the Hard Drive is attached?
I'm thinking there will be a slot for it on the hard drive. You plug in the hard drive, then plug in the adapter into the hard drive.
Like those things you plug into an outlet on the wall that have like 6 outlets on them.
YEAH

Rayquarian

Nintendo has gotten along all this time without a hard drive; why would they release one now?  I'd advise everything to keep their hopes low so they don't explode when this is reported false.

Nayrman

Quote from: Rayquarian on March 14, 2009, 05:39:48 PM
Nintendo has gotten along all this time without a hard drive; why would they release one now?  I'd advise everything to keep their hopes low so they don't explode when this is reported false.
why? Because 500MB doesn't count for CRAP in terms of memory. I have a flash drive the size of my index finger that has 16x the memory the Wii itself has (an 8gig). I mean really, a couple gigs isn't that expensive, it's the least they can do for ignoring all the core gamers who like to SPEND MONEY and buy lots of classic games...

Macawmoses

It's not just the hardcore though. It's the casual. In fact, it's the only reason why any solution is coming.