Control+V

Started by Kilroy, April 17, 2009, 02:57:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

...̅̅̅

SkyMyl

SkyMyl

The Riddler

International Court of Justice
European Court of Justice - Closer to a "regular" court, has more power than ICJ.
^ Both deal with Nation-States, NOT individuals

International Criminal Court
-Since they could not try war criminals in their home countries (the countries had made the crimes legal), an international court was created.
-Deals with individuals
-"Law of Nations" - General Natural Law.
-For individuals who commit crimes against humanity/war criminals
-Has 18 judges who have jurisdiction against any individual who has committed a crime against humanity.
-If the country the criminal is from refuses to try or is incapable of trying the criminal in their court, the ICC will issue a warrant.
-Double jeopardy does not apply.
--------
Created "Tribunals" in each country where there were huge crimes against humanity - Rwanda, Cambodia, Sierra Leone, Bosnia, etc.
-Very inefficient system, so the world decided to create a permanent court in 2002, the ICC was created.
*If you are not a member of the ICC and there is a war criminal in your country, the ICC has no jurisdiction to get that criminal and put them on trial. However, if the criminal enters another country that is a member of the ICC, the country is obligated to arrest them.
-US, PRC, Russia, India, and Japan have not ratified the ICC.
The ICC is still in it's infancy, it's trying to develop into a full fledged legal system.
We're gonna go to war with China - Our favorite classmate.
If people have aids, they're gonna spread it anyway - Let'em die. - Our favorite classmate.
---------------------------------------------------------
Cultural Relativism - The goal of an international legal system is predicated on the idea that we can have one universal set of laws. The problem with this is that different countries/cultures/people have very different sets of morals and values, beliefs and principals.

Mario583

SkyMyl

Mystic

Light

You all need to watch this right now.
Holy crap all my sigs were always poop. Best leave this space alone.

Macawmoses

*users email*@hotmail.com

Thirdkoopa

Quote from: Sherlock on April 23, 2010, 08:45:52 AM
*users email*@hotmail.com
I'm somehow betting it's me.

Busted – "Thunderbirds Are Go!"
Flyleaf – "Again"
Silverchair – "Tomorrow"
^^ This weeks RB dlc.
[21:11] <mackormoses> let's take a look at today's stats
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> stats today are high
[21:11] <mackormoses> holy intercourse ing poop
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> you adding all these standards
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> is really pushing us [/quote]
Quote from: JrDude φ on May 31, 2010, 08:32:13 PM
3 of my friends smoke weed. Why? Well I asked one time, and this is what they said: "Because I can blow out smoke and it makes me feel like a intercourse ing dragon"

Silverhawk79

-NickServ- You may not ghost s1lverhawk79.

Macawmoses