Started by Kilroy, April 17, 2009, 02:57:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SkyMyl

Java

JrDude

[move][/move]
Dude .

Anarchy_Jas

wonders who the heck randomly called her...
"I know they hope I fall, but tell 'em winning is my muthaeffin protocol."

Pigyman

Rayquarian

JrDude

I wish I was dreaming, that this wasn't real
But sadness is the emotion I feel
Though I know this is for the best
I feel that I have failed this test
Everything seems so angled
But our threads of fate have tangled
We will see each other again
So this is not goodbye my friend
Just a "see you in the future, one that is bright"
Yet I wish that future was just tomorrow night
And many nights after
(And days)
[move][/move]
Dude .

Mystic

Anarchy_Jas

Me: "*Knockknockknock!* What? *KnockknockKnockknockknockknockknock!* WHAT!? *KnockknockKnockknockknockknockknockknock x20* THE FUCKIN' HELL DO YOU WANT!?!?!!?" Dad: "Don't cuss at me and close the window I'm turning the air on!" "Then Don't knock at the door like a dumbass! You shoulda said something after I answered the first darn time!" - One of the various reasons I can't stand my dad... Note this is only 3 hours after I went to sleep 'cause I didn't get outta work till about 4.
"I know they hope I fall, but tell 'em winning is my muthaeffin protocol."

Mystic

SkyMyl

[spoiler=Semi Metroid Other M spoilers]PTSD is common for anyone who has experienced trauma. Very common for soldiers, but also happens to rape victims, or in Samus's case, has their parents EATEN in front of them. It tends to come up from seemingly random triggers, and tends to occur more frequently when the person is already under a lot of stress, or is just a in low emotional state.

Samus being really depressed after Super Metroid means she is far more likely to lose her cool and freak out.

I think a lot of people don't seem to get that for the entire duration of the game, we aren't playing as Samus as she normally behaves, we are playing as her when she is at her lowest point, emotionally.

If Metroid (the first one), was to be remade to have real cutscenes and voiceacting, Samus would not act at all like she does in this game.

Samus is still a badass, but in this game, she is a broken badass, and doesn't pull herself together until the end of game.[/spoiler]

Kaz

Quote<+Mithos> My mom grounded me for being gay.

Silverhawk79