News:

<Clu> no nsfcd is basically a ghost town, it should be killed behind fences

Main Menu

Laws of the Land!

Started by Macawmoses, October 19, 2007, 09:52:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Macawmoses

Well, I am the moderator of this board, but I decided to get this authorized, by Silverhawk!

Under my watch I have noticed a lot of "+1's" come from this board. I must ask, why spam when we are all equal ( with the exception of moderators) ? Now I know, I am not being clear on what spamming is on this board so let me explain.

1. Small posts. Typically if you just say "HI" or "Welcome" that is too short, and is spammy. Same goes with "How are ya!" and the like.

2. Macro Abuse! Basically saying the EXACT same thing EVERY time. At least personalize it, a little. Make the new members feel welcome!

3. Random posts can also be a problem! Example "GO GO Power Rangers!" Now if something like that was your motto or catch phrase on NSIDER, then by all means post it, but ADD to it. Example "Hey! I am MoM and I am new here. You will be seeing a lot of me around here now ^__^ Go Go Power Rangers!" Something along those lines IS acceptable!

I will add to this as I see a problem!

Onwards to bigger and better things, eh?

I have noticed people BUMPING old threads of members that have been here since the beginning.  This is not really acceptable. For instance, TheKoopaBros thread was bumped after a two week hiatus! That is unnecessary. Also, should you find a member has been modded etc since their INTRO thread, please do not bump it to congratulate them! Once again I will add to this if this becomes/stays a problem!

Action against you:

1. Warning*
2. 2nd warning OR deletion of posts....my discretion
3. Deletion ( guaranteed at this point )
4. Warning again ( pms and/or post )
5. Admins/Mods get notified. They determine course of action

*I may edit your post from time to time to give a warning etc. It will ALWAYS look like:

*Note from Mack: (insert warning etc here )*

As for bumping old threads I will usually make a post, and edit the first post. If users keep bumping it it will get locked. My problems will be solved!

OTHER:

-You get ONE intro thread. Make it count!
-Do not spam up one thread with long posts...it will be treated the same as above
-Do not give wrong information ( intentionally )
-Do not make threads questioning lock/deletes, rather, pm me!
-Do inform the users/new members
-Do participate in any polls or questions I might give

Thank you for reading this! Should you have any questions regarding this please pm me directly. Further questions can be directed at Silverhawk. Should posts be deleted etc. pm me and I will gladly tell you the reason why. Should that reason not be satisfactory please pm my superiors.

Thanks again;

~Mackormoses~

Macawmoses

This will be deleted quite soon! Just a reminder to be respectful to NS2 members upon their arrival. I anticipate that this surge will be temporary ( I wonder why ) but please try not to be too hateful. Afterall, would you want to be welcomed harshly over there? I didn't think so!

To you new NS2 members I say welcome! I hope you review our unique rulesets, and then have fun. Word has it I am friends with an admin on your site, so try and behave ;)

No advertising, other than in sigs, btw! Just thought I would bring that up!

NSF.net Welcomes NS2
Rules *official*
Admin/Mod Guide

Those are just a few threads for newcomers to read. Everyone should read the top one!

Enjoy,

~MoM~

Macawmoses

Hi all,

Lately, many users have been bumping old threads, on many boards. The trend carried over to this board, and I do not like that.

Bumped threads, of, we will say 7 days without a post, will be locked. All participants afterwards, including the "bumper", will recieve a warning. Like forum rules say, multiple warnings can result in a ban.

High profile introductions (ie. EJRAVEN) apply to this rule as well. DO NOT BUMP OLD THREADS!

Many locked topics are appearing on this board, and most of them are due to bumping. If necessary I will lock every topic on the third page back, thus effectively ending this problem.

Please, just try and listen to the rules. For more information, please view LAWS OF THE LAND, floated here. Further questions maybe pmed to me, or a superior with the Moderator (red) rank or higher.

Thank you,

~MoM~

Macawmoses

Well, it seems more and more members of NS2 are coming over here, as well as other forums, but they make up the mass majority of immigrants, here.

I must remind you that we are to be respectful to ALL new members, regardless of past forums, behaviour, etc.

This really should not be an issue, and I can not see it being one, but you never know. This is as good a time as any to reinforce this, though. :P

http://nsfcd.com/forums/index.php?topic=6465.0

That is the original thread. For any replies to this, do so there. It is just as relevant, and explains a lot more :O

So please, read that thread, including Snorkel's little edits, and be kind, rewind  :robothappy: Wait, a minute...

>.>

*LOCKED*

Macawmoses

This is not Nsider, do not abuse macros we dont have. It is annoying and pathetic, really. PERSONALIZE things, at least. I have been lenient until now, so YOU will NOT type the same generic crap any more, or your post count will drop.

Besides, no one likes macro whores.

Discuss, but dont macro me >:(

Macawmoses

It should be noted that I've updated the links in the aforementioned posts to make them more relevant. I may not be the Local Knight on this board anymore, but I'm still a resident moderator. And being that this hasn't gotten an update for a while, I've made some minor edits for new users.

Please note that extended periods of absence now DO allow you to make a new Intro thread.

Totla

Our little Mack has come so far. :3

Macawmoses

Quote from: Tortylla on June 03, 2009, 09:03:00 PM
Our little Mack has come so far. :3
:'(

<3

While we're at it, I may as well redo this thread.