News:

<+Clu> have you tried barbecuing the computer

Main Menu

Any remarkable captures?

Started by The Riddler, July 22, 2009, 02:04:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Riddler

You're face to face with that Legendary you've been waiting to capture.
You throw ball after ball, and are haunted by the the message, 'Oh no! The POKEMON broke free!'.
You even make sure that the Pokemon in question is at red HP and asleep.
You run out of your best types of balls, and see that all you have left are standard, lowly Pokeballs.
You throw it...
Shake...shake...shake...PING.
WTF?! YOU CAUGHT THE LEGENDARY WITH A REGULAR RED AND WHITE POKEBALL?

Anyway, have any of you had a similar situation or one more remarkable all together?
Just a few minutes ago I caught Giratina at about 20HP not asleep with a regular Pokeball on my first try (not including the quick ball at the beginning of the encounter).
I caught Rotom with a Net Ball on my first try, as I forgot to bring Pokeballs and didn't realize it until the fight.
Back during the RBY days, I caught Mewtwo at full health with a standard Pokeball.

JrDude

On Leaf Green, I had just found out that you can find Mewtwo, for some reason or another, I used a Great Ball right away and it caught him. Believe it or not though, the battery died as I was reading the Pok?dex info on him.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Shujinco2

Me and Mewtwo (LG) were having this super awesome fight. I was trying hard to catch it, no luck. Me and it were fighting, and it had wiped out all but my lv. 5 Magicarp. It had about half of it's health left, and I figured, "Well, it's going to kill me.". So I threw an Ultra Ball, caught it first attempt.

Then died later while fighting a Kadabra.

The Seventh

A friend of mine caught Mewtwo in the red version with a pokeball.

And the Mewtwo had full health.
meh

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Penmoet on July 22, 2009, 10:31:51 AM
Me and Mewtwo (LG) were having this super awesome fight. I was trying hard to catch it, no luck. Me and it were fighting, and it had wiped out all but my lv. 5 Magicarp. It had about half of it's health left, and I figured, "Well, it's going to kill me.". So I threw an Ultra Ball, caught it first attempt.

Then died later while fighting a Kadabra.
Why were you with a Magikarp to begin with?

Thirteenthorder

Quote from: wiiboychris on July 22, 2009, 07:50:00 PM
Why were you with a Magikarp to begin with?
Because Gyarados can tap that ass.
When you're not lookin'...

Shujinco2

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Thirteenthorder on July 23, 2009, 07:11:23 AM
Because Gyarados can tap that ass.
That explains why he didn't train it in his whole stance in the cave. He was asking for suicide.

tibar21

i caught articuno with a pokeball
Super Smash Bros Brawl FC: 2622-1690-4267
Pokemon Soul Silver FC: 4855-9306-7114
Mario Kart Wii FC: 4898-5017-8746

SwampertGirl

While RNGing and fighting shiny Uxie, I ran out of Dusk Balls, so I started throwing Ultra Balls. I was quickly running short, until I said, "I'm not as heartless as you might think!". Then the Ultra Ball locked. I caught Uxie.

Drezford_the_Rebell

Fighting zapdos

threw an ultra ball
nothing
threw a poke ball
caught it.

Caught all the LG legends except Articuno in a pokeball.

..yay me.

Drezford_the_Rebell

Quote from: SwampertGirl on August 25, 2009, 08:02:02 PM
While RNGing and fighting shiny Uxie, I ran out of Dusk Balls, so I started throwing Ultra Balls. I was quickly running short, until I said, "I'm not as heartless as you might think!". Then the Ultra Ball locked. I caught Uxie.

But you're going to make it your battle slave and/or keep it in a box. Is that not heartless?

Because people tell me I'm heartless when I do it to women.

RX-78-2

I kinda' forgot all/any of mine. But I just caught a Shiny Ponyta in my Platinum. I don't know if it's any good yet, or if this capture is appropriate to this thread :|.
I dunno hao 2 put imgs heer :(

****************Mack was here******************

GreatGonzales106

Once, in Emerald, I ran out of Ultra Balls trying to catch Rayquaza and only had one Luxury Ball left. I caught it with that Luxury Ball.

Another time in Emerald, I caught Rayquaza on my first Ultra Ball thrown.

Diloon

I caught Mewtwo in a pokeball. When I was 5 I thought they were the best. I also though by 'good rod' they meant 'gold rod'.

Brings back the movie Goldmember.