News:

Change is coming. HOPE CHANGE UNITY

Main Menu

Are Ubers cheap?

Started by Neerb, July 30, 2009, 02:42:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neerb

And no, I don't mean in competitive play, as that's what an uber basically is.  I mean, in a casual game, do you personally mind Ubers being used?

Cornwad

It depends on how many Ubers. I don't mind if a person throws a Mewtwo or a Palkia into their team, especially if the rest of their Pokes aren't so strong. I don't really like playing people with all uber teams unless I have a team designed for beating ubers.

Parasect is fun in Uber battles.

jnfs2014

In regular game: Yeah, because I use them too.

In OU: No.

In Uber: Of course.

Cornwad

I don't know why, but I've always liked UU the most. I guess it's because of the distinct lack of Tyranitar and Stealth Rock.

jnfs2014

Strange, I don't see many T-tars. I mostly see Jirachi, Skarmory, and Blissey spamming it up.

Cornwad

Quote from: JNFS2014 on July 30, 2009, 07:25:09 PM
Strange, I don't see many T-tars. I mostly see Jirachi, Skarmory, and Blissey spamming it up.
Tyranitars bug me the most because I like using weather that isn't Sandstorm a lot. Tyranitar makes it hard  D=

Neerb

Quote from: Cornwad on July 30, 2009, 07:26:20 PM
Tyranitars bug me the most because I like using weather that isn't Sandstorm a lot. Tyranitar makes it hard  D=

I'm just stupid enough to use a T-tar AND weather-based movesets that aren't sandstorm.   :P

Triforce_Luigi

In a casual game, then it depends on how many ubers you use. If there's only one, then it's not that big a deal, but if your entire party is ubers, then it's cheap.

Pascal

Stealth Rocks are just as common in UU.

Ubers should be used in Ubers only imo

chaosgear

i dont care for ubers much, especially in casual gaming.

tibar21

nope don't like them. I don't even like using them
Super Smash Bros Brawl FC: 2622-1690-4267
Pokemon Soul Silver FC: 4855-9306-7114
Mario Kart Wii FC: 4898-5017-8746

Cornwad

I like Ubers when no one knows how to use them. Like when you fight a team of six poorly trained Deoxys or a Giratina that doesn't realize that Ghost moves don't hit Normal types.

Kayo

I hate it when random 10 year olds beg to battle me, at a hotel or wherever, and they throw their Giratina into their wimpy team and say Ill never be able to defeat it, blah, blah, blah.....

This happened to me once and drives me insane: this annoying 10 year old has a hacked giratina with max attack and speed, and Dark Void. Stupid conceited kids almost defeating me with hax.

And on a side note, they always make me "show em my pogeymonz"... they'll see my shiny Darkrai (modest, max speed IVs btw) and say "Omg can i hav ur darkrai plz plz plz plz plz" like id actually give it to them for free. Or "plz plz ill giv u my leval 52 empoleon for itz" srsly noobs gtfo. :(

thats my rant :P
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Commander Awesome

Get some darn variety.

I was done with PBR a few matches after I started playing online.
UBERS UBERS EVERYWHERE

I don't mind one or two, but god dangit, go find yourself a nice Pokemon that isn't Uber if you have a full team of Ubers.

RX-78-2

Just for clarification, what's "UO" and "UU"? I don't play online or anything.

Anyway, I don't really mind ubers. I don't like facing them though. It just gets old after a while. I don't really like using training them either. It takes a long time and I still haven't EV trained my "perfect team" yet. I guess they are cheap, but a good trainer will either have some of his/her own or know how to effectively counter them.
I dunno hao 2 put imgs heer :(

****************Mack was here******************