News:

<+Ice> i have a dildo factory line run by old women in my garage

Main Menu

9K Posts

Started by Macawmoses, January 03, 2010, 11:48:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Riddler

Quote from: Dog Food on January 04, 2010, 04:20:52 PM
Well, we know how many posts we need. We know what the last post number is. We can calculate what would actually be the 500,000th post so that whoever wins will rightfully win.
Like I said, even that won't work. One deleted post throws off the whole thing. What might look like the 500,000th post could actually be the 500,001st, and someone missed out.

Eizweir

Quote from: Third K on January 04, 2010, 04:18:41 PM
NSider closing explains most of it.
Except NSider is still closed, and this place isn't active anymore. =/
http://steamcommunity.com/id/xluxaeternax

formerly: Marth Xero, Xero, Roy Khan, Diego Armando, Lux Aeterna, and more I forget it was like 11 years ago jeeze

The Riddler

Quote from: -X on January 04, 2010, 04:24:04 PM
The majority of those users are at NS2 now, which is alright 'cause they're actually a replica.

Dog Food

Quote from: Robbie Riddle on January 04, 2010, 04:23:14 PM
Like I said, even that won't work. One deleted post throws off the whole thing. What might look like the 500,000th post could actually be the 500,001st, and someone missed out.
Disable members from deleting posts and have staff members refrain from deleting (how often do they delete posts, anyway?).

But ultimately, this is Mack's game. So go to him with the gaping holes in his idea.
I get obsessively manic over things. It's a problem.

The Riddler

Quote from: Dog Food on January 04, 2010, 04:26:52 PM
Disable members from deleting posts and have staff members refrain from deleting (how often do they delete posts, anyway?).

But ultimately, this is Mack's game. So go to him with the gaping holes in his idea.
I did go to him, that's why I posted my concern.
:P

The Seventh

So, 500,000?

Damn, mack, you're right.  We've gotten FAR despite the poop that's happened.

I'll try my best to post, cause like I said, I'm staying until the bitter end.
meh

Custom

Quote from: Light on January 04, 2010, 02:16:53 AM
If I don't get this prize, someone's getting banned. :|
And by someone, I mean J. Edit: Or Kaos. Because then Sync would come back. :U

MAKE SURE LIGHT DOESN'T GET THE PRIZE

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Friendly Hostile

Quote from: Robbie Riddle on January 04, 2010, 04:25:39 PM
The majority of those users are at NS2 now, which is alright 'cause they're actually a replica.
It didn't help that we had our domain and database stolen from us by EJ either.

I sometimes put messages into my deleted posts. They never get replies though.
...̅̅̅

Titus Andronicus

Quote from: -X on January 04, 2010, 04:24:04 PM
i lol everytime someone says this place is inactive
Tramps like us, baby we were born to die.

Macawmoses

520230 is what we have before this post.

That means, sans posts that wind up in the trash can, we take the difference between 5K, add it to that number, and the post count as of that point will be netted. But it also needs to register on the stat bar at the bottom saying 500K. My word of advice - get post 500K, nab a screenshot, and post away.

And anyone found deleting posts unnecessarily will lose the ability (as well as the ability to lock their own threads, have sigs/avy's, post on SD at all, or Power On, etc.)

Kayo

2009 was only 1/4 as active as 2008. Not good, not good.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

The Riddler

Quote from: mackormoses on January 04, 2010, 05:37:23 PM
520230 is what we have before this post.

That means, sans posts that wind up in the trash can, we take the difference between 5K, add it to that number, and the post count as of that point will be netted. But it also needs to register on the stat bar at the bottom saying 500K. My word of advice - get post 500K, nab a screenshot, and post away.

And anyone found deleting posts unnecessarily will lose the ability (as well as the ability to lock their own threads, have sigs/avy's, post on SD at all, or Power On, etc.)
It still doesn't work. Any deleted post will make us have to use a different reference number. You're gonna have to check the posts every day.

Macawmoses

Quote from: Robbie Riddle on January 04, 2010, 05:54:51 PM
It still doesn't work. Any deleted post will make us have to use a different reference number. You're gonna have to check the posts every day.
Not at all. I just have to change the deleted settings.

Mystic

Quote from: K on January 04, 2010, 05:46:47 PM
2009 was only 1/4 as active as 2008. Not good, not good.
Surprised?