News:

<+Ice> i have a dildo factory line run by old women in my garage

Main Menu

Diddy Kong Racing thread

Started by Thirdkoopa, January 12, 2010, 09:24:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thirdkoopa

Fuck Grand Turismo, Fuck Mario Kart, Fuck F-Zero, Fuck Sega & Sonic All-Stars Racing. We're here to discuss this:

Yep; That's right. One game that was just overall an amazing and fun racing game in the challenge aspect and being different from other racers. I find it really funny that to this day, I bought it because I couldn't afford any other N64 games when I first got mine. It sadly has mixed legal rights by Rare (who doesn't do anything now) and Nintendo (who stopped trying and just slapped "Mario Kart" onto it) it however still got a DS Remake - Without Conker and Banjo sadly.

So, before I pull a tangent, how about we begin discussing this - What did you think of it? Do you have the DS Version? What would you think about a squel, especially since there was almost one on the gamecube? Who did you use? And so on. Feel free to add your own topics in whether it be something like time trial races or just plain old discussion on it.
[21:11] <mackormoses> let's take a look at today's stats
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> stats today are high
[21:11] <mackormoses> holy intercourse ing poop
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> you adding all these standards
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> is really pushing us [/quote]
Quote from: JrDude φ on May 31, 2010, 08:32:13 PM
3 of my friends smoke weed. Why? Well I asked one time, and this is what they said: "Because I can blow out smoke and it makes me feel like a intercourse ing dragon"

Lotos

I never owned the Nintendo 64 version :(

SkyMyl

I owned, and still own the original.

FUCKING FUCK FUCK YOU DIDDY KONG RACING FUCKER FUCK FUCK ASS FUCK FUCK
Young MYL devoted most of his free time to Diddy Kong Racing.
And as you can see, it's pretty much what led to his trademark rage.

...*Ahem* Frustration aside, it's okay. Racing on the hoverthing was pretty darn fun, though some of the challenges are still as ludicrous as they were ten years ago. Or maybe it's just me.
It's just you, o biased one.

Nayrman

Never beat it as a kid. Don't think my N64 file has a beaten save on it. Could probably do it now without too much difficulty.
Planes are cheap as hell though. The battle mode was fun though, me and my sisters would always play battle. Fun times. One of the few games we could all play and enjoy.

Mario Kart and F-Zero are still better racing games though.

Qsmash

I love this game. I used to main Timber back in the day. I even emulated it a couple of months ago and plowed through with Diddy and Tippy. I still haven't beaten Wizpig in the second race.

JrDude

I once went back to beat it all, but I never did it.
Something that kinda confuses me is Tiptup, he was in Banjo Kazooie and Tooie, yet he was still in the DKR remake.

And anyway, I ended up maining almost every character, favorite now being Timber.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Thirdkoopa

Well, I beat this a few days ago. Just need to unlock TT And try Adventure 2. The second Wizpig battle is so much easier than the first.

Great game overall still. Really enjoyed playing through it again.

Quote from: JrDude ½ on January 13, 2010, 12:59:18 AM
I once went back to beat it all, but I never did it.
Go do so, now.
[21:11] <mackormoses> let's take a look at today's stats
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> stats today are high
[21:11] <mackormoses> holy intercourse ing poop
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> you adding all these standards
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> is really pushing us [/quote]
Quote from: JrDude φ on May 31, 2010, 08:32:13 PM
3 of my friends smoke weed. Why? Well I asked one time, and this is what they said: "Because I can blow out smoke and it makes me feel like a intercourse ing dragon"