News:

<+Clu> was cute sure but it doesnt even mention homosexuality

Main Menu

New Pokemon (as in game and species) coming!

Started by Macawmoses, January 29, 2010, 12:18:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

So_So_Man

Quote from: mackormoses on January 31, 2010, 06:17:46 PM
I don't like that idea of only having current gen pokemon obtainable in one game. Do Coyotes stop migrating and expanding because of our political boundaries? How about birds? By no means do they. It makes it more realistic to have some Pokemon all over the place.
unless there is something specific preventing pokemon from crossing into different routes, the pokemon should spill over a bit into neighbouring routes.

Macawmoses

Quote from: So_So_Man on January 31, 2010, 06:22:39 PM
unless there is something specific preventing pokemon from crossing into different routes, the pokemon should spill over a bit into neighbouring routes.
That is one thing I don't like about the games - how many of them are VERY specific in where they are. I think it'd be great for islands/etc. but yeah.

What I would like to see is one area they are highly concentrated, and then areas around they are just rare (or something) for this very concentrated ones.

Turok

I'm just getting tired of having to re-catch all of the pokemon I finally got a year or so ago. Stop adding more, it got annoying in Ruby/Sapphire. I'm all for new evos, but to 'conveniently' discover a new species or 100 & all of a sudden its everywhere? nuh-uh

[spoiler]
QuoteSo is it Capcom JPN or US screwing the PC release over? Both?
QuoteNUKE THEM FROM ORBIT, IT'S THE ONLY WAY TO BE SURE

PC GAMERS

If you don't give us what we want, we'll nuke you from orbit.
[/spoiler]

Macawmoses

Quote from: TUROK on January 31, 2010, 08:44:28 PM
I'm just getting tired of having to re-catch all of the pokemon I finally got a year or so ago. Stop adding more, it got annoying in Ruby/Sapphire. I'm all for new evos, but to 'conveniently' discover a new species or 100 & all of a sudden its everywhere? nuh-uh
They aren't claiming to have discovered them. You're going to new regions of the world. I don't know of many Pandas up here in Canada on their own accord.

Turok

Quote from: mackormoses on January 31, 2010, 09:01:19 PM
They aren't claiming to have discovered them. You're going to new regions of the world. I don't know of many Pandas up here in Canada on their own accord.
You forget that in the original, the ones you were catching were the only known species. Either Oak is a hack, or no one got out much

[spoiler]

PC GAMERS

[/spoiler]

Macawmoses

Quote from: TUROK on January 31, 2010, 09:08:26 PM
You forget that in the original, the ones you were catching were the only known species. Either Oak is a hack, or no one got out much
We thought the world was flat. Maybe they just realized they could go over the horizon :|

:D

So_So_Man

Quote from: TUROK on January 31, 2010, 09:08:26 PM
After first gen they realized that there might be Pokemon in the patches of grass filled with pokemon

Drezford_the_Rebell

Quote from: mackormoses on January 31, 2010, 09:22:04 PM
We thought the world was flat. Maybe they just realized they could go over the horizon :|

:D

Maybe it was a communication issue.

Macawmoses

I look at it this way: it was never night in the first game. So going by it isn't the best of ideas.

bluaki

On a similar note to things being said about species and regions: one thing that annoys me about G/S/HG/SS is that, in Kanto, many of the most common pokemon are later than #151 in the pokedex. Viridian Forest is filled with Hoothoot and Noctowl at night, for example. I remember having to even go to Cycling Road in SS for Slugma with that being like the only place it appears.

Turok

Quote from: bluaki on January 31, 2010, 11:47:21 PM
On a similar note to things being said about species and regions: one thing that annoys me about G/S/HG/SS is that, in Kanto, many of the most common pokemon are later than #151 in the pokedex. Viridian Forest is filled with Hoothoot and Noctowl at night, for example. I remember having to even go to Cycling Road in SS for Slugma with that being like the only place it appears.
This is what I mean. Have each region's pokemon ONLY in that region.

[spoiler]

PC GAMERS

[/spoiler]

Mystic

You can't expect perfect continuity in Pokemon. It won't work.

Turok

Quote from: Mystic on February 01, 2010, 12:09:14 AM
You can't expect perfect continuity in Pokemon. It won't work.
I'm not, its just at the rate its going, we'll have to catch 600 pokemon by the next game or so. I'm fine with that as long as there are more gym leaders & stuff. As is now, we have loads of pokemon to catch, but the same gym progression that can be beaten in an afternoon. That's why I like G/S so much there was twice as much to do.

[spoiler]

PC GAMERS

[/spoiler]

Mystic

True, there should be more to do, especially gyms. Though, you don't have to actually catch them all.

Macawmoses

Quote from: TUROK on January 31, 2010, 11:52:02 PM
This is what I mean. Have each region's pokemon ONLY in that region.
Again, are coyotes limited to one region? No. It makes sense to have Pokemon migration.