News:

ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.

Main Menu

An idea I had that'll probably never happen but would be AWESOME

Started by Someguy13, February 18, 2010, 01:33:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Someguy13

Lately I've had nothing but free time and so I started thinking of ways I could spend it. I came up with this.

Start a new file on any Pokemon game. Only advance a town after you walk or bike to a different town to the one you're in in real life.

Once you enter a town that town represents the town in game (so in Red or Blue your start town would be Pallet Town and any business you have in Pallet Town would need to be done in the town you live in in real life (or started from if you didn't start from your home town)).

This must be done either on foot or on a bike. No driving. it keeps with the whole Pokemon theme.
You can train as you walk you just can't visit the next town.

I think there are enough towns around me to pull this off. I would probably need to camp out between towns at some point though.

The problem is it's not something I would do alone and I don't think any of my friends have the free time to burn that I do...

JrDude

[move][/move]
Dude .

Cornwad

I don't understand what you're saying. Don't you always have to walk or bike to new towns in Pokemon games?

Silverhawk79

Chris8492

This sounds like a crazy idea. No offense, but isn't this idea kinda nostalgic in a way? I would find actually traveling to different towns on a bike pretty tiresome. Where i live, everything is spread out by 15 miles minimum and its very hilly terrain that can climb past 2500 feet. By bike it would take at least an hour to arrive in the next town. I think that this idea would be bad and not worth spending the kind of time. I mean, i'm not thinking of doing this idea because i have a very tight schedule and it just sounds unrealistic.

By your view of it, it seems pretty easy. 

DededeCloneChris

Someguy13

Come on guys people hike across vast distances all the time. My friends and I have biked 2 towns over in less than a day before so I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be that big of a deal.

Everything is close enough.

Chris8492

Do you even know what it's like to hike a mountain over 13,000 feet, climb down, and then climb up verticle another 4,000 feet. I've done that and it's pretty scary yet majestic.

Quote from: Someguy13 on February 18, 2010, 12:03:18 PM
Come on guys people hike across vast distances all the time.

That is vast distance right there fo you.

Someguy13

Quote from: Razgriz2489 on February 18, 2010, 01:17:59 PM
Do you even know what it's like to hike a mountain over 13,000 feet, climb down, and then climb up verticle another 4,000 feet. I've done that and it's pretty scary yet majestic.

That is vast distance right there fo you.
That sounds pretty awesome. I've never been outdoor rock climbing (though I go indoor rock climbing at least once a week) but it's something I would love to try. As far as I know though the few good places around me are a bit out of the way.

JrDude

This won't happen, it is also a very bad idea, my last short response was due to my tiredness.

The point of playing a game is to be relaxed and mess with your brain, not your legs (except more recent Wii games). And even though it would be easy for you, it wouldn't be for most of the world, people in your way, long distance travel. Another thing is, you wouldn't get anywhere in the game, you'd be wasting more time walking to different towns than playing the game.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Someguy13

Quote from: JrDude ♦ on February 18, 2010, 02:34:02 PM
This won't happen, it is also a very bad idea, my last short response was due to my tiredness.

The point of playing a game is to be relaxed and mess with your brain, not your legs (except more recent Wii games). And even though it would be easy for you, it wouldn't be for most of the world, people in your way, long distance travel. Another thing is, you wouldn't get anywhere in the game, you'd be wasting more time walking to different towns than playing the game.
Well I sort of ment it would be a good idea for me. I know it wouldn't be for most other people.

Actually the point of games isn't so much to "be relaxed and mess with your brain" imo. They're more for entertainment and if I feel that this hike/adventure would help me be entertained by the game then theres nothing wrong with it.

I would still progress in the game. It would just take me longer. Unless you think I don't have it in me to walk to the next town.
I would be playing the game as I was walking. Grinding on the route that I'm on.

Chris8492

Quote from: Someguy13 on February 18, 2010, 02:38:32 PM
Well I sort of ment it would be a good idea for me. I know it wouldn't be for most other people.

Actually the point of games isn't so much to "be relaxed and mess with your brain" imo. They're more for entertainment and if I feel that this hike/adventure would help me be entertained by the game then theres nothing wrong with it.

I would still progress in the game. It would just take me longer. Unless you think I don't have it in me to walk to the next town.
I would be playing the game as I was walking. Grinding on the route that I'm on.

Speaking of hike, I got SophX coming up in the spring. The whole sophmore class goes out and splits up into groups by their own capabilities. Im probably gonna end up going up Mt Washington. Thats is easier compared to other ones i've hiked.

Sorry to go off topic for a second. For your idea of games, yeah they are for entertainment but they are meant to be virtual.

Someguy13

Quote from: Razgriz2489 on February 18, 2010, 02:54:34 PM
Speaking of hike, I got SophX coming up in the spring. The whole sophmore class goes out and splits up into groups by their own capabilities. Im probably gonna end up going up Mt Washington. Thats is easier compared to other ones i've hiked.

Sorry to go off topic for a second. For your idea of games, yeah they are for entertainment but they are mean't to be virtual.
Mt Washington on Vancouver island? That's about a 3 hour drive from where I live. I know it's good for skiing but I didn't know it was good for hiking (if it's the one you're talking about)

Someguy13

Quote from: Razgriz2489 on February 18, 2010, 02:54:34 PM
Sorry to go off topic for a second. For your idea of games, yeah they are for entertainment but they are meant to be virtual.
Entertainment is entertainment. If I can do something outside of a game that makes me enjoy that game more then why not do it?