News:

UH SOMETHING BROKE HANG ON

Main Menu

Play N Trade Tournies

Started by Zero, March 14, 2010, 07:07:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zero

I won a Brawl tournament on Friday. The competition was really bad. Basically, I had a field day and won 47 dollars and a gift card to some local food joint.

I dislike Brawl, but I'm good at it. My friend entered as well. It was him and I in the finals and it was the only match worth a crap in the entire competition.

Point of thread: If you're good at Brawl and live near a Play N Trade, they host tournaments and odds are, the competition is bad. Go win some money. I plan on going to a SFIV tournament there next Friday.

EDIT: I should mention that this is like...my 5th win at these tournies.

StarWindWizard7

Brawl is VERY Easy to play/master...if your up to playing it daily.

Brawl has been out for years...... And I've been playing it for that L O N G.

I've noticed that the 1st year Brawl was out during Christmas, the ONLINE was HORRIBLE unlike anything I know.

The 2nd year, brawl wasn't that bad...but the people I played Online with/against were all total N00B's. I'm assuming that kids below the age of 13 picked up the game for Christmas, or just people who never played it in general.

3rd year (last year) was a lot better, but again...people were moronic idiots who got confused if 2 people were the same character, and they would just jump off stage attacking >___>

The point is, so close to Christmas, people are still NEW to the game of Brawl and don't have the instincts of a veteran Smasher who's been playing for years (Including SSB, and SSBM).

I'd say by Fall, these N00B's will be a lot better before the 4th gen of Smashers comes around.
I'm so glad to be a 1st Gen Smasher. >_<

Now, as far as tournaments go....... I can't do em... I get to nervous and I feel I'll just pass out or end up in the hospital...I can't stand that kind of pressure, I don't care if I'm playing against 10 year old's I can't DO IT! LOL :D

Just let me dance in front of 1,000 people.... To me, that's so much easier. :P

Magnum

I don't do tournaments well. I usually say "screw this" and joke around.

I still hold the record for quickest loss in a Magic: The Gathering TCG when I suicide'd on the first turn.

Oh Vesperia, never change... never change

Thirdkoopa

Holy poop there's like 6 and all of them are 25 miles or less away from me. I already heard a lot about this store but I'm so checking this out now for sure in the summer.
[21:11] <mackormoses> let's take a look at today's stats
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> stats today are high
[21:11] <mackormoses> holy intercourse ing poop
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> you adding all these standards
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> is really pushing us [/quote]
Quote from: JrDude φ on May 31, 2010, 08:32:13 PM
3 of my friends smoke weed. Why? Well I asked one time, and this is what they said: "Because I can blow out smoke and it makes me feel like a intercourse ing dragon"

Broken_Cartridge

The one near me closed down at Christmas time...I did enjoy going there. Shame I never got a chance to take place in a tournament myself.

Light

ffffff. The one nearest to me is like 40 miles away. Dammit.
Holy crap all my sigs were always poop. Best leave this space alone.