News:

Change is coming. HOPE CHANGE UNITY

Main Menu

HGSS intertrading

Started by So_So_Man, March 08, 2010, 04:40:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

So_So_Man

I suppose I will collect the various water starters then.

DededeCloneChris

So you have another DS with a Pokemon game to trade with your DS?

So_So_Man

in HGSS you can get the kanto and hoen starters as well.  And no, I (probably like most people) don't have another DS, which is why we should trade between games

JrDude

Quote from: So_So_Man on March 12, 2010, 04:09:50 PM
in HGSS you can get the kanto and hoen starters as well.  And no, I (probably like most people) don't have another DS, which is why we should trade between games
It took a while for you to be able to do wifi in D/P/Pt story-wise, what makes you think HG/SS would be different?
If you're talking about trading later by breeding and junk, it's not a new idea, people do it all the time.
[move][/move]
Dude .

So_So_Man

Quote from: JrDude ♦ on March 12, 2010, 04:45:42 PM
It took a while for you to be able to do wifi in D/P/Pt story-wise, what makes you think HG/SS would be different?
If you're talking about trading later by breeding and junk, it's not a new idea, people do it all the time.
I never said that its a new idea, this is for organizing it and making it work more smoothly.  I can't seem to find any information about it yet, but by the time you reach the breeding area you will probably be able to do wifi

Lotos

Quote from: JrDude ♦ on March 12, 2010, 04:45:42 PM

First part - one badge.
Second part - it's an idea at the least.

Quote from: So_So_Man on March 12, 2010, 04:09:50 PM
I (probably like most people) don't have another DS

they won't be able to transfer over the stuff from their D/P/Pt games.

bluaki

I've personally had a ton each of the Johto starters ever since breeding my snagged Pokemon in Colosseum years ago.

Currently, on my SoulSilver version alone, I have my Feraligatr, the Squirtle evolution family, and a Mudkip. I'll get all the fire starters in the English game. Though spread out across my numerous games, I do have all 12 starter evolution families.

I believe Wi-Fi trading probably opens up around the same time as you reach GTS, which is in Goldenrod. I honestly have not even talked to the basement receptionist of the pokemon center in SoulSilver yet. For local wireless trading, all you need is a pokedex and at least 2 pokemon in your party to trade with any of the 5 DS games

A few things for reference:

Version-exclusive pokemon:
Johto (#151-#251)
HeartGold: Spinarak, Gligar, Mantine, Phanpy
SoulSilver: Ledyba, Teddiursa, Delibird, Skarmory

Non-Johto (#001-#151,#252-#493)
HeartGold: Mankey, Growlithe, Sableye, Baltoy, Kyogre
SoulSilver: Vulpix, Meowth, Mawile, Gulpin, Groudon

Other notable trade:
Rayquaza: Requires both Groudon and Kyogre but only works with those caught in HG/SS, so temporary trading is needed
Starters: Of course, you can't get all three. In HG/SS, applies to all three of the sets you get from Elm, Oak, and Steven.
Trade evolutions: Whether you want Metal Coated Scizor/Steelix, the D/P evolutions of Gligar/Sneasel/etc, or whatever, trade is of course needed

えっちーせんぱい

I have pretty much all 1-386 pokemon in one of my darn games somewhere, I can easily get the ones I don't have; but I never bothered looking for all the 4th gen ones because most suck.

I have HG myself and I downloaded SS, and I have 2 DS's, what do I win? :3