News:

<+Clu> was cute sure but it doesnt even mention homosexuality

Main Menu

Dissidia Sequel

Started by Zero, March 21, 2010, 01:07:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zero

http://www.destructoid.com/dissidia-final-fantasy-sequel-maybe-yes--168120.phtml

Yay or Nay? Did you like the first game? If so, what characters do you feel would be great in the sequel? I personally hope for Auron, from FFX.

Spud

I liked the first one. I wouldn't mind a sequel.
Villains would wither have to come back or be replaced. I don't see them being replaced with lesser villains though...

Thirdkoopa

I've only played the demo and played it a few times, but my thoughts on a sequel;

For characters;
FF1 - White Mage or Red Mage? Def no Black Mage due to Vivi, or maybe you can sneak in a two for one deal.
FF2 - Maria or Gus/Guy; No doubt.
FF3 - I think Onion Knight should just be replaced with Luneth honestly. Then throw in Arc or one of the others.
FF4 - Kain.
FF5 - Galuf? Can't decide here.
FF6 - Mog
FF7 - Red XIII
FF8 - Quistis or Irvine
FF9 - Vivi
FF10 - Auron (Through I'd like Kimarhi but Kain is a more badass dragoon)
FF11 - NEW. CAST. FULLY HERE.
FF12 - ...Can we please just can any sight of this? If not, Balthier and Vayne (...Sadly), Vaan If we really have to.
FF13 - Lightning and uh...DAMMIT I HAVEN'T PLAYED IT YET.

I'd also like to see more of a general focus on the whole FF character thing and not just trying to match games, ie, black mage. To add to that I think it'd be cool to see it move out and be ALL Square-Enix, but since that probably wouldn't even happen due to the mixed thoughts of even adding KH characters from interviews then yeah. Still I'd like to see one of those two approaches because adding "The next link or two" can get rather old quickly.

I hear the original also has a ridiculous amount of fanservice - It's nice and all but cut some slack on the new players or people who haven't played almost the entire darned series.

Finally, four-player on the PS3 - Would be amazing. Of course, much harder to utilize and possibly having to change the entire battle system, but seeing what FF: Crystal Chronicles did with a Four-Player Fantasy then yeah.
[21:11] <mackormoses> let's take a look at today's stats
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> stats today are high
[21:11] <mackormoses> holy intercourse ing poop
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> you adding all these standards
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> is really pushing us [/quote]
Quote from: JrDude φ on May 31, 2010, 08:32:13 PM
3 of my friends smoke weed. Why? Well I asked one time, and this is what they said: "Because I can blow out smoke and it makes me feel like a intercourse ing dragon"

Light

Nay. I didn't care for the first, so I wouldn't buy the next.
Holy crap all my sigs were always poop. Best leave this space alone.

The Riddler

FF1- Red Mage or Monk
FF2- I don't care.
FF3- I don't care.
FF4- EVERYONE, but realistically it'd be Kain or Rosa.
FF5- Reina (Lenna) or Farris. Galuf leaves the party and I don't like Krile.
FF6- Shadow, but realistically it'd be Locke.
FF7- Cid, but realistically it'd be Barrett or Tifa
FF8- Irvine or Selphie, but realistically it'd be Rinoa
FF9- Freya or Amarant, but realistically it'd be Garnet (Dagger)
FF10- Auron and Yuna
FF11- I don't care.
FF12- I don't care.
FF13- Sazh, but realistically it'd be Lightning and/or Snow. The only human villain is [spoiler]Raines.[/spoiler], so like Jecht, he'd be the one in the game for the Villain side.

Magnum

Yes, yes, f*** yes. I love the Dissidia game so much. I have hundred of hours on that things. I cannot wait for another one. Things I want are...

Final Fantasy Tactics (Ramza, Delita)
Final Fantasy 13 (Lightning, Bar(For lack of a better way to not spoil))
Maybe Chrono Trigger (Chrono, Magus)
Old Eirgeiz game (Godhand, idk)
And maybe a third/fourth character from every game.

FF1: Midyna(or whatever), Monk
FF2: Leon, Black Knight (TIME PARADOX!!!)
FF3: IDKLOL I HATE THIS ONE
FF4: Kain, Zeromus, FuSoYa (either 3)
FF5: Galuf, GILGAMESH!!!!
FF6: Celes, General Leo
FF7: Tifa, Vincent, Reno (Best 3 chooses)
FF8: Zell, Rinoa, Seifer
FF9: Dagger, Garnet, GARLAND (TIME PARADOX 2!!!!!!)
FF10: Auron, Seymour
FF11: IDK I DON'T PLAY MMO'S!!!!!
FF12: Vayne, Basch
FF13: Lighting, Bar, Snow, Yaag
FFT: Ramza, Delita, Alma, (The older Belouve brother, can't think of his name)
CT: Chrono, Magus, Kid, Serge
E: Godhand, IDKLOL, IDKLOL, IDKLOL

Oh Vesperia, never change... never change

The Riddler

Quote from: F'lar on March 22, 2010, 02:52:34 AM
FF5: GILGAMESH!!!!
FF7: Vincent
FF8: Seifer
CT: Chrono, Magus, Kid, Serge
Vincent makes alot more sense than my options, considering he got his own game. Zack, too.

I didn't do villains, but...
Gilgamesh, amazing choice. I'd still take Locke for the lead.
Seifer would work, but Edea would work better, unless the story has him manipulated somehow.
Barxxxxxxxxx wouldn't fit well even if he is the main, the only form you fight is monstrous. I can only imagine Raines, physically.

Chrono Trigger would be awesome, but it's Final Fantasy Dissidia D:

Thirdkoopa

FF12: Vayne, Basch
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF- DEAR GOD NO NO NO NO NO KEEP VAYNE THE FUCK OUT OF THIS GAME.

How about we keep it to less of just discussing characters? And of course more than just main FF series. I think it doesn't hurt to discuss other Square-Enix series as well as that could branch itself out more. And as I said it's been discussed in a few interviews.

FF stuff that isn't the main numbered series:
Generally - Chocobo and a Moogle are musts. I also think a few recognizeable classes would work well.
Crystal Chronicles - Bagnaa and uh...I so can not remember the main villain to this for the life of me.
Tactics - Ramza and Delita
Tactics Advance - Marche and Babis would probably work the best. Nobody else really comes into contact until the end of the game.
Tactics Advance 2 - Luso and Illuna; I'd also go with Cid for a third character there.

And other stuff:
Chrono Trigger: Chrono and Serge; Or the crazy queen forgot her name before you face Lavos in the main ending.
The World Ends With You: Neku and Joshua
Kingdom Hearts: Sora and Anse- Oh screw the timeline.
Secret of Mana: Randi
Parasite Eve: Eve
Vagrant Story: Sydney
Dragon Quest: Slime and uh...If this was to cross over you'd essentially at least have to include most/all protaginists.
SMRPG: Geno, Mallow, and Smithy. Through it'd make no sense whatsoever without mario and would need licensing so I just mentioned it for the hell of it.

There's a few others that I'm probably forgetting during the timing of this post. Through to broaden out that may limit broadening out on the FF part of the roster.

(The older Belouve brother, can't think of his name)
It's Dycedarg (Oldest)
Zalbaag (Second Oldest)
Ramza (Youngest Son, protaginist)
Alma (Daughter)

Through If you were to add one of them asides from Ramza you'd pretty much have to add the other two for it to actually work well.

edit: and magnum Dagger and Garnet are the same person.
3 of my friends smoke weed. Why? Well I asked one time, and this is what they said: "Because I can blow out smoke and it makes me feel like a intercourse ing dragon"

Magnum

Quote from: Third K on March 22, 2010, 07:14:10 AM
edit: and magnum Dagger and Garnet are the same person.
I know  ;)
And I meant Zalbaag for Tactics.

Oh Vesperia, never change... never change

Thirdkoopa

Quote from: F'lar on March 22, 2010, 10:12:52 AM
And I meant Zalbaag for Tactics.
The thing is Zalbaag's relationship with Ramza is overall involved into there entire siblings, not just them. [spoiler]Like how Dycedarg betrays Zalbaag but Ramza pretty much leaves Dycedarg and Alma ends up getting kidnapped.[/spoiler] - There's just one example. I think it'd only be portrayed correctly If Dissidia was to lose all plot-strings.

...That and I really doubt Tactics would get 4-5 characters If any at all; For me I just see representation working better with how every supporting character is in Tactics by only having Delita/Ramza since they're the two main figures of the game by far.

So anyone here want to discuss things that aren't just characters as well? I'd be interested in a 4-Player Dissidia myself. Hell, does it even have online or multiplayer between another person at the moment?

Broken_Cartridge

I would love a Dissidia sequel, but I dont think they could do it on the PSP. When they made the current Dissidia they said that when making the game they had the mentality of maxing out and putting as much as they could into the game...if that's true they wouldnt be able to add much if the sequel took place on the PSP....so if they have another Dissidia I want it on the PS3 xP

I would like them to add FFXIII characters into it like Lightning or [spoiler]Fang (not a big spoiler I know...but still)[/spoiler]

Potestas

I would love to see a sequel of Dissidia. Loved the first part, so would buy it without a doubt.

Maybe they should put some more characters in from the spinoff games, like Zack, the main character from Crisis Core.

Click the sig to level it up. Go to Ichimonai.com to learn more.