News:

<+Clu> Silverhawk79 is just wrong for me

Main Menu

Samurai Showdown Sen

Started by Zero, April 15, 2010, 12:38:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zero

This game completely flew under the radar. Apparently it isn't anywhere near as good as past Samurai Showdown games according to critics, but I'm interested in trying it out.

SNK seems to be failing left and right these days

Turok

I heard that it's pretty bad. But exactly how are they failing left & right? KOF12 was only missing modes, & online play for fighters can go die.

/bias

But really, they're not doing bad, just doing too much at once.

[spoiler]
QuoteSo is it Capcom JPN or US screwing the PC release over? Both?
QuoteNUKE THEM FROM ORBIT, IT'S THE ONLY WAY TO BE SURE

PC GAMERS

If you don't give us what we want, we'll nuke you from orbit.
[/spoiler]

Zero

Quote from: TUROK on April 15, 2010, 12:41:25 PM
I heard that it's pretty bad. But exactly how are they failing left & right? KOF12 was only missing modes, & online play for fighters can go die.

/bias

But really, they're not doing bad, just doing too much at once.

KOF12's mechanics were pretty terribad. It is a beautiful game, no doubt, but it was a massive disappointment. The counter system was pathetic and lame, the online play is still intercourse ing terrible, and as you said, the game doesn't offer much.

Online play in fighters can go die? lol yeah I agree with you to an extent. Rage-Quitters are ever present in any online fighting game.

Turok

Quote from: Zero on April 15, 2010, 01:00:28 PM
KOF12's mechanics were pretty terribad. It is a beautiful game, no doubt, but it was a massive disappointment. The counter system was pathetic and lame, the online play is still intercourse ing terrible, and as you said, the game doesn't offer much.

Online play in fighters can go die? lol yeah I agree with you to an extent. Rage-Quitters are ever present in any online fighting game.
As bad as KOF12 was, it couldn't possibly be as bad as 2001 was. That is my low point, & KOF12 is respectably above that. I personally liked the mechanics, could use some refining, but hey. And since when has ANY KOF game offered much?

Back on SS, they should have given it the treatment that they gave KOF, the hand drawn style.

[spoiler]

PC GAMERS

[/spoiler]

Macawmoses

Wait what system is this on? I have the first two on VC (assuming it's Shodown) and love em.

Turok

Quote from: Sherlock on April 19, 2010, 12:13:34 AM
Wait what system is this on? I have the first two on VC (assuming it's Shodown) and love em.
Xbox 360

[spoiler]

PC GAMERS

[/spoiler]

Macawmoses

Turok

Quote from: Sherlock on April 19, 2010, 12:43:55 AM
Is it arcade or retail?
Retail. I would definitely go for a rental though, IGN gave it a 4   :S

[spoiler]

PC GAMERS

[/spoiler]

Macawmoses

IGN isn't the most reputable when it comes to opinions. But yeah, I likely will. The VC releases are stellar.