Main Menu

Kingdom Hearts 3D Dream Drop Distance

Started by Neerb, January 18, 2011, 03:30:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: Not Sad Keanu on April 06, 2012, 07:53:22 AM
Tales of Graces all over again

At least we finally got Tales of Graces F
In this case, however, we'd only get the 3DS version because lol psp in the west.

Zero

Everyone I know that bought one just bought one to hack it. It's why I bought one.

Neerb

Comes out in 3 days. Not as excited as I was for the last couple games, but it's basically the last step to THE END (second-to-last step if you count the fact that they won't start KH3 until they finish FF Versus XIII, the release of which is starting to seem just as mythical), so there's that. Plus, a couple reviewers said it's better than BBS, which would be great since BBS was possibly my favorite in the series.

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Trevelyan on July 28, 2012, 10:26:06 AM
Comes out in 3 days. Not as excited as I was for the last couple games, but it's basically the last step to THE END (second-to-last step if you count the fact that they won't start KH3 until they finish FF Versus XIII, the release of which is starting to seem just as mythical), so there's that. Plus, a couple reviewers said it's better than BBS, which would be great since BBS was possibly my favorite in the series.
If we lived in Australia or Europe, we would've been playing the game by now.

Neerb

Quote from: DededeCloneChris on July 28, 2012, 12:32:19 PM
If we lived in Australia or Europe, we would've been playing the game by now.

I think there are enough reasons for a gamer to NOT live in Australia or Europe to make up for it.

Mona

Got the game today, and I'm having a lot of fun with it. I didn't get very far before my battery started dying, though. That's what I get for not charging my 3DS the night before. :/

The rest of my post contains some pretty mild spoilers. (About what you'd get if you read a game review.) I'm spoiler tagging it just in case, though.

[spoiler]One of the most common complaints I've heard about the game so far is the drop system, because if you drop in the middle of a boss fight you have to start it all over again when you come back. So far I haven't had any problems with it. I just always drop when the meter starts to get low. Either that, or I just stay in the same area until the game forces me to drop. This way I don't lose any progress.

Also... I'm liking the Dream Eater party members, and not just because I like cute things. (Though that's certainly a factor.) I always found Donald and Goofy to be a bit annoying. The Dream Eater don't talk, don't use up your items all willy-nilly, and are useful in combat without getting in your way. Quite an improvement, in my opinion.

The combat is pretty fun and flows smoothly thanks to a new feature called Flowmotion that allows you to bounce off walls and swing on lamp posts in order to launch yourself at the Nightmare Dream Eaters. I'm still getting used to the controls and sometimes have trouble with the camera, but that's just me. The circle pad pro probably makes the controls easier to deal with.[/spoiler]

Neerb

I'm loving this game so far; I've beaten the first two levels, and I'm liking the Dream Eaters a lot. They're surprisingly deep in how you can interact with them (even change their colors!), yet their leveling systems are thankfully easy compared to the last couple games (the abilities YOU earn are actually dependent on which 3 Dream Eaters are in your party and how well you've raised them). Frankly, I don't remember the last time any kind of pet-raising/fighting combo was this user-friendly (you'd be surprised how many there are besides Pokemon).

About to start the Tron: Legacy level... in 3D... heck yes.

Mona

Eeeeeeee! I can't wait until I get to play around with the Dream Eaters a bit more! My 3DS needs to charge faster! > <

DededeCloneChris

The fact the Flowmotion kind of makes battles easier is balanced by the fact these DAMN CREATURES keep popping out like crazy. It's like a battle of endurance!

And I love it.

DededeCloneChris

Here's a VERY important piece of info.

If you're playing on Standard Mode, don't finish the game till you have seven trophies. In Proud Mode, you need five trophies collected.

There's a secret ending that can only be unlocked doing the above.

Zero

Who the intercourse  doesn't play on Proud mode? lel

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Z on August 03, 2012, 07:53:05 PM
Who the intercourse  doesn't play on Proud mode? lel
Me.

The era of button mashing was over after KH II.

Zero

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Z on August 03, 2012, 09:26:23 PM
wut
In case you didn't understand, please re-read the post till you get it.

Mona

Quote from: Z on August 03, 2012, 07:53:05 PM
Who the intercourse  doesn't play on Proud mode? lel

Your girlfriend doesn't. That's who. :<