News:

<+Clu> have you tried barbecuing the computer

Main Menu

New Pokemon Discussion

Started by Macawmoses, April 26, 2011, 06:11:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JrDude

Stop being so Poké-Christian, evolution is proved to exist in Pokémon, SO IT EXISTS IN THE HUMANS!
Also, I could swear I heard somewhere in some game that some guy said something like, "is it possible humans evolved from Pokémon?" Though, since I literally talk to everybody in the first playthrough of a game, and usually talk to everybody in second+ playthroughs, I wouldn't know who said that.

Regardless, I'm not saying it should look full blown like a human, I mean similar, kinda like Machop/Machoke/(kinda)Machamp, or Jynx, or whatever. Humanoid, not human. But it's Evo looking similar enough to a human+monkey+caveman that it can seem like a theory.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Hero_of_Darkness

Technically, "Pokemon evolution" is metamorphosis. That said, evolution exists in real life, so it can be applied to Pokemon if you so choose.

Kayo

Quote from: JrDude 益 on October 06, 2011, 12:43:51 AM
Stop being so Poké-Christian, evolution is proved to exist in Pokémon, SO IT EXISTS IN THE HUMANS!
Also, I could swear I heard somewhere in some game that some guy said something like, "is it possible humans evolved from Pokémon?" Though, since I literally talk to everybody in the first playthrough of a game, and usually talk to everybody in second+ playthroughs, I wouldn't know who said that.

Regardless, I'm not saying it should look full blown like a human, I mean similar, kinda like Machop/Machoke/(kinda)Machamp, or Jynx, or whatever. Humanoid, not human. But it's Evo looking similar enough to a human+monkey+caveman that it can seem like a theory.
I'm not being Poke-Christian or what have you; I'm just saying it's a bit unsettling to have an implication that humans evolved from Pokemon. Again, the term "evolution" is used in Pokemon WAY differently than it's used IRL (Which you people don't seem to get) so adding the idea of actual evolution just breaks the in-game fantasy logic. And there you have something in the same category as a fourth wall violation. Plus I'm not even going to mention how previous fossil Pokemon have been based on an era that came much before mammals. (Plus--mammals haven't gone extinct to the extent that invertebrates and reptiles have... and if it was so sufficient with its fighting capabilities and primitive intelligence, why is it extinct?)

Also, mammals aren't associated with fossils the way aquatic shelled invertebrates and dinosaurs are. I'm all for a rock/fighting Pokemon, but why a fossil?
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

JrDude

It can be similar to how Aerodactyl worked, not actually a fossil
[move][/move]
Dude .

Kayo

Quote from: JrDude 益 on October 08, 2011, 01:19:16 AM
It can be similar to how Aerodactyl worked, not actually a fossil
okay let's revive humans from amber.

Why are we discussing fossil pokemon now when we don't even have the generic poop done?
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

JrDude

Because no one's doing anything on the Generic poop. I gave you ideas and you don't give me much.
"Cool ideas bro. Since it was your idea, only you can think of things in addition to how this is gonna look. Give those to me and I'll draw; maybe."

So, I come up with something that might cause discussion to get this thing going again.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Kayo

Quote from: JrDude 益 on October 12, 2011, 02:09:58 AM
Because no one's doing anything on the Generic poop. I gave you ideas and you don't give me much.
"Cool ideas bro. Since it was your idea, only you can think of things in addition to how this is gonna look. Give those to me and I'll draw; maybe."

So, I come up with something that might cause discussion to get this thing going again.
I guess I'll get back to sketches since no one else gives a rattata'a ass.

Meanwhile I want a bug do we have a bug? Let's think of a generic bug that isn't Poison or Flying, but is still realistic. I'm feeling Bug/Ground or Bug/Water. What about you guys?

Coincidentally, we've had both a Bug/Ground and a Bug/Water in the past, but they both turned into Bug/Flying types when they evolved. Let's keep bugs that are Water or Ground or something else realistic because there are bugs that live in the ground and/or water.
[move][/move]

JrDude

An earthworm for Bug/Ground, if it evolves it can be a Tapeworm or whatever that weird worm with sharp teeth is.

Also, Bug/Water can have a Leech, besides a Bigger leech, I don't know what it could evolve into. It can be an EPIC leech that evolves at level 70. (Fire/Bug Pokéjoke [name escape ropes me, and too lazy to check])
[move][/move]
Dude .

Kayo

Quote from: JrDude 益 on October 12, 2011, 11:58:26 PM
An earthworm for Bug/Ground, if it evolves it can be a Tapeworm or whatever that weird worm with sharp teeth is.

Also, Bug/Water can have a Leech, besides a Bigger leech, I don't know what it could evolve into. It can be an EPIC leech that evolves at level 70. (Fire/Bug Pokéjoke [name escape ropes me, and too lazy to check])
I was thinking one or the other, for the generic-evolves-no-later-than-early-20s bug. Not that we couldn't have more than one bug, but which one could we use for the beginning?

I like the Leech idea (disregarding the level 70 thing) because I don't think we've ever had an actual leech. It would learn Leech Life, of course.
[move][/move]

Zero

I still want an Ice/Fire type.

Could be a Cryophoenix or something

Kayo

Quote from: Zero on October 15, 2011, 06:00:57 PM
I still want an Ice/Fire type.

Could be a Cryophoenix or something
Any opinion on the leech idea?
[move][/move]

Hero_of_Darkness

If I don't approve your post within 12 hours, PM me. Sorry, but sometimes I forget about this board. :S

Zero

Quote from: Kayo on October 16, 2011, 08:45:31 PM
Any opinion on the leech idea?

It's alright I guess. It'd need an ability that maybe buffed the hell out of absorption moves and the movepool to compliment the ability. Leech Life sucks, but its the only absorption move that would get STAB.

Kayo

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on October 19, 2011, 11:06:26 AM
If I don't approve your post within 12 hours, PM me. Sorry, but sometimes I forget about this board. :S
That's why we seriously need more people watching this.

Or just Silver. Even if just Silver approved posts in addition to you it would probably be enough.
[move][/move]

Kayo

Anyway, someone mentioned back there that we should do a woodpecker for a generic bird.

I really like that idea.

So if no one's against it, I'm gonna get to work on it.

How many evolutionary stages, though? Two (Like Taillow and Hoothoot) or three (Like Pidgey, Starly, and Pidove)?
[move][/move]