News:

<Clu> no nsfcd is basically a ghost town, it should be killed behind fences

Main Menu

Dragon Quest Monsters Joker (warning lots of Pics)

Started by Transient Link, November 14, 2007, 03:27:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Transient Link

Story: Your quest begins inside of the mysterious CELL HQ. Where you have been imprisoned by your father, the warden A.K.A. leader of CELL, for trying to sneak away to become a monster scout. You are called by your father after a few days in prison and are told that you are to go undercover in the Monster cup championships. You are taking to a jetty and are given your choice between 3 monsters. Your adventure begins.....

Gameplay: Dragon Quest Monsters Joker is much like a fusion of Final Fantasy and Pokemon. You start out picking one of 3 monsters and head out on a journey to become the champion of all monsters scouts. Instead of random battles this game makes your enemies viewable on the overworld. This feature is nice if you are weak and do not wish to battle. The controls are quite fluid and haven't been such on the DS since super mario 64. You use the LR buttons to look around your character which is very nice in a world where all the monsters are viewable. The battles are quite challenging if you don't train and do what is called "synthesizing" your monsters. Which is combining them into stronger monsters. The good part of this is that your monsters grow strong quicker. The bad part is that the monsters level is set back to one. Which forces you to train it all over again. Yet it is fairly easy if you fight stronger monsters. The battles are fluid and the graphics hold up quite well despite some monsters MASSIVE size. It takes time to learn battle flows and take advantage of monster capabilities. Yet once you do the game becomes quite enjoyable.

Graphics/sound: DQMJ takes the graphics of the DS to its peak. They hold up quite well and are a decent sight to see. The music is very catchy and enjoyable. Players who have played the original Dragon Quest Monsters will recognize some of the music. Over all both graphics and sound are top notch.

Storyline: The story is and incredible and fluid. You will eventually meet a rival you will come to want to smash. And meet new friends, and enemies which will make the story progress widely. Overall the story is great yet a bit predictable. You will still find it enjoyable and at times amusing.

Wifi: STAY AWAY!!! I am not kidding stay away from wifi until you are sure that your monsters are top of the line. I tried it once and my team was completely annihilated in the first round. Keep away from the wifi until you beat the game and have a strong team.

Overall: the game is great and I definitely recommend buying it.

NP rating 8/10
My rating 9/10

Good luck training and Ill see you in the world cup! :)

Macawmoses

Most of the pics are in your sig :|

As far as the game...I will wait til my associate DBX comments in our project.

As far as the review...do you REALLY want my comments?

[spoiler] use spellcheck [/spoiler]

Nine 1 One

Transient Link

Quote from: mackormoses on November 14, 2007, 05:38:29 PM

WELL EXCUUUUUUUSEEE ME PRINCESS!!!!!

yeesh harsh much.

Macawmoses

Quote from: MARLUXIA on November 15, 2007, 08:54:52 AM
Quote from: mackormoses on November 14, 2007, 05:38:29 PM

WELL EXCUUUUUUUSEEE ME PRINCESS!!!!!

yeesh harsh much.

How do you expect to get better? You need that!

@911: this week

Transient Link

Macawmoses

Transient Link

Quote from: mackormoses on November 16, 2007, 04:49:52 PM
2 pics is not lots
Why not focus on the review not the pics eh? After all it isnt a pop up book :|

Macawmoses

Quote from: MARLUXIA on November 16, 2007, 05:51:54 PM
2 pics is not lots
I have a problem with someone who basically posts a 56 K and they dont know what the hell they are doing :D =O

Seriously, dont take offense....I am trying to help you improve...but sheesh!

Writing reviews IS NOT without criticisms.....hence they themselves feature critisicms!

Another thing

"Wifi: STAY AWAY!!! I am not kidding stay away from wifi until you are sure that your monsters are top of the line. I tried it once and my team was completely annihilated in the first round. Keep away from the wifi until you beat the game and have a strong team. "

Umm, ya, more details than "ZOMG it is hard", you need MORE! The same could be said elsewhere!

Transient Link

Quote from: mackormoses on November 16, 2007, 05:56:14 PM
2 pics is not lots
I have a problem with someone who basically posts a 56 K and they dont know what the hell they are doing :D =O

Writing reviews IS NOT without criticisms.....hence they themselves feature critisicms!

Another thing

"Wifi: STAY AWAY!!! I am not kidding stay away from wifi until you are sure that your monsters are top of the line. I tried it once and my team was completely annihilated in the first round. Keep away from the wifi until you beat the game and have a strong team. "

Umm, ya, more details than "ZOMG it is hard", you need MORE! The same could be said elsewhere!

Theres not much more to explain than that. And yes thanks for the critisism. I just think you were being a tad harsh with the whole pic thing. Besides im having a bad day :| Anyways Ill take your advice. Just know when I post something like wifi I keep it short if the game is new because all the features wont have been put up yet. Honestly the wifi thing was just a warning more than anything. The wifi isnt anything worth mentioning other than its difficulty level.

Macawmoses

Quote from: MARLUXIA on November 16, 2007, 06:03:17 PM
Quote from: mackormoses on November 16, 2007, 05:56:14 PM
2 pics is not lots

Another thing

Theres not much more to explain than that. And yes thanks for the critisism. I just think you were being a tad harsh with the whole pic thing. Besides im having a bad day :| Anyways Ill take your advice. Just know when I post something like wifi I keep it short if the game is new because all the features wont have been put up yet. Honestly the wifi thing was just a warning more than anything. The wifi isnt anything worth mentioning other than its difficulty level.

Trust me, I can give you more "words of wisdom" but seeing as we are both having bad days, I think I will leave my opinion at that for right now. I DO know what I am talking about though, at least, the people at NS2 who I present review prizes to, and help them write, think so...although here there is even less activity!