<+Clu> im 100% nigga

Main Menu

Wii shortages expected through the holidays

Started by Gwen Khan, December 07, 2007, 04:47:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WiiGuy

it said pricier......I don't think nintendo rasied there prices for the wii :|

RosettaStoned

Lucky me, I'm asking for one from that guy up North.

::Poledra::

No, what's happened is all the retail outlets have are bundles that they are charging an arm & a leg for. The cheapest bundle I saw had two games with it and they were selling it for $500-something.  I got mine on eBay & it took me about 4 days to get one, but I did get one & I didn't pay $400 or up either!  Had to be persistent & patient, though.

Mystic

Quote from: Mystic Swampert on December 21, 2007, 10:54:41 AM
Shocking...

It is, quite! I happened to be in WalMart today, passing by the electronics area when they announced that there was one Wii available & OMGoodness!  You should have seen it! One lady with a cart & a 20-ish guy in winteralls and no cart running at the electronics counter!  Apparently the guy had been there asking about one & the announcement was made for him. I'm glad he got it - the large lady with the cart was kind of rude. 

Mystic

Quote from: ::Poledra:: on December 21, 2007, 02:10:03 PM
Quote from: Mystic Swampert on December 21, 2007, 10:54:41 AM
Shocking...

It is, quite! I happened to be in WalMart today, passing by the electronics area when they announced that there was one Wii available & OMGoodness!  You should have seen it! One lady with a cart & a 20-ish guy in winteralls and no cart running at the electronics counter!  Apparently the guy had been there asking about one & the announcement was made for him. I'm glad he got it - the large lady with the cart was kind of rude. 
I was being sarcastic >_<

WiiGuy

sounds like a regular wii story ;D

well i was at a walmrt too (long time ago ;)) and i was looking for wii points....and there was like 6 wii's in the case...my mouth droped open...but then i asked a walmart worker and he said that they just got a shipment. it made sence.....

Mystic

I remember seeing 3 Wiis at a Wal-Mart once. First time I had ever seen Wiis in a store.

(and this was like in February or so >_<)

Do you think they will ever meet the demand?? Wow...

Mystic

WiiGuy

Quote from: Mystic Swampert on December 21, 2007, 02:42:19 PM
Quote from: ::Poledra:: on December 21, 2007, 02:41:46 PM
In a year or so...maybe
yeah...as long as population doesn't beat it.

meaning if every household in the USA wants a wii and nintendo dosn't get them a before the next generation comes :/

Mystic

Quote from: WiiGuy on December 21, 2007, 02:47:45 PM
In a year or so...maybe

meaning if every household in the USA wants a wii and nintendo dosn't get them a before the next generation comes :/
That'd be weird

WiiGuy

Quote from: Mystic Swampert on December 21, 2007, 02:53:04 PM
Quote from: WiiGuy on December 21, 2007, 02:47:45 PM
In a year or so...maybe

That'd be weird
It's just a thought...

platnymbit

I was in GameCrazy trying to pick up some DS games I had ordered, and there were three ppl making a fuss.  Come to find out it was b/c the store would have 10 Wii's coming in at noon.  And they were doing an auction.  Everyone who was in line would get their name in the drawing and 10 names would be picked at random.  I'm so glad that I got my Wii on launch day, b/c it is ridiculous what you have to go through to find one now.  If ppl do their homework, it shouldn't be too bad though.
*~Plat~*